[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fag/ Friendly Apple General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 75

File: apple-logo_318-40184[1].jpg (18KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
apple-logo_318-40184[1].jpg
18KB, 626x626px
>optimizan
>integratan
>just werkan
>feelan good
>>
>>62174450
>/fag/
You cant make this shit up
>>
Apple products are shit
>>
File: IMG_1194.png (202KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1194.png
202KB, 750x1334px
Posting from iPhone 6, still working perfectly, still running well, still getting updates after 3 years.

Feels pretty good man
>>
>>62174462
Apple friends can have a bit of fun at our own expense
>>
File: IMG_0020.png (903KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.png
903KB, 1536x2048px
Is there a way to get more dynamic wallpapers? I like these default ones, but some variety would be nice.
>>
File: mac mini.png (213KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mac mini.png
213KB, 800x800px
I'm still hoping for a new Mac mini to be announced at their September event.
Their iMacs lack some features i want so i would prefer to buy a seperate monitor.
>>
>>62174450
Not tech.
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/fa/
>>
>>62174450
i hope apple goes bankrupt
>>
File: screenFetch-2017-08-28_21-14-46.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2017-08-28_21-14-46.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>62175116
Why?
There's nothing on macos that you can't get on linux.
I'm literally posting this from a mac and I had to install fedora just to get a sane fucking OS to work with.
>>
>>62175163
>There's nothing on macos that you can't get on linux.
lol
>>
File: Untitled.png (50KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
50KB, 2560x1440px
>All these buttblasted poor fags on their 10+ year old chinkpads
>mfw my PC is pic related and I plan to buy a fully spec'd macbook pro just to see what it's like
>half considering getting an imac if I like the macbook pro
>>
>>62175116
I really like my iOS devices and want to get a mac, but I have no current use for a laptop and their desktops are a pretty tough value proposition. I like the price and form factor of the mini, but the specs are pretty shitty; I would love a refresh to be $499, 128GB flash ssd, CPU refresh, RAM 8GB RAM. I know it won't happen but I can dream, right?
>>
>>62175163
Linux doesn't have the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
>>
>>62175223
Oh cool, another "graphics professional" who needs the latest version of photoshop and all the other adobe shitapps to make meme macros.
The older photoshops do the job just fine and they run perfectly in wine.
>>
>>62175256
you don't sound very friendly
>>
>>62175269
Nah just pissed after using macos for a bit to transfer some files.
ended up using the terminal because finder is a heap of dogshit. I'm in linux now so it's all good
>>
What I like about apple is that knowing peoples opinion on the brand is the ultimate filter for technology plebs. You just have too look for anyone that likes it too much or hates it too much.

If you can't appreciate what is good about without getting all revved up or acknowledge the bullshit without going into mental gymnastics you are guaranteed to be a manchild.
>>
>>62175318
What where you trying to transfer?
It's super easy to transfer files with AirDrop on Apple devices.
>>
>>62175197
Excelent screenshot, MacOS will suit you well
>>
Previous thread: >>62156391
>>
>>62174504
Not posting from phone but I have an iPhone 6 too. Still going strong, no issues. I'm happy with iphones but don't know if i want to spend so much on another one
>>
File: 1480612186610.jpg (89KB, 590x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480612186610.jpg
89KB, 590x720px
>>62174450
>uses windows
>downloads hottestnewjustinbieberxdrniggagangstashit.jpg.mpg.HOT.music.album.FREE.tar.exe
>OMG WTF I GET VIRUS
>FUCKING M$!!!111
>goes out and buys a macbook
>max r SO secure and KEWL!!!11 no VIRUSES xD

>uses android
>downloads tottalyfreehotnewgameforabsolutelyfree.lol.nojoke.completelyfree.notavirus.apk
>OMG WTF MY PHONE GET VIRUS
>goes out an buys ishit
>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedum is too dangerous xDD

Why do technology illiterate apple users come to /g/ at all?
>>
>>62175428
About 2000 image files, I also found no easy way to convert them to a pdf and batch resize all of them without it taking two hours and the fan going fucking crazy.
Also the transfer would also fail midways about 3 times, infuriating.

meanwhile on linux I was able to do all that using just cp and imagemagick.
It was from a flash drive not another applel device.
Macos is cute for browsing and maybe watching videos or whatever, but trying to do anything beyond that is maddening.
Can you explain why finder doesn't show your home folder and just shows you the downloads folder? Why doesn't it have a directory up button? Why doesn't it have a "open in terminal" option for complex file management? and why the FUCK isn't the trash folder in the favorites, but all the way on the dock?
And why the fuck are the settings so scattered? Why aren't ALL the mouse options under the fucking mouse menu in the settings?

How the fuck do you people put up with this asinine shit? And here I thought fucking gnome was bad...
Their hardware is nice and I love the battery life, everything can just fuck off though.
>>
>>62175558
Also the only "apps" that let you see CPU and fan speed on macos are paid. Unless I'm wrong there doesn't seem to be an lm_sensors equivalent
What a fucking joke
>>
File: macos finder subfolder.png (107KB, 1097x642px) Image search: [Google]
macos finder subfolder.png
107KB, 1097x642px
>>62175558
What?
You can set up the Finder in many diffrent ways.
To open a file with a specific app just right click and choose Open with.
>>
>>62174504
How long does a full charge last you?
>>
>>62175553
>Because they aren't anime fags like you
>>
>>62175116

I'm waiting too. My 2010 macbook air 11" is on its last legs and I want a cheap replacement. It's laughable that they even sell the mac mini at that price point right now with the shitty 3 year old specs it has!
>>
>>62175116
>i got scammed buying an overpriced pile of shit
>i'm hoping to get scammed again

rly maeks u thnk...
>>
>>62174504
Bullshit. I use my 5s for nothing but texting and light internet browsing and it's battery life is currently 40mins.
>>
>>62175896
How did i get scammed?
I don't really need great performance in a computer for what i do, the only reason i want to upgrade my current 2012 Mac is because the graphics card isn't capable of outputting at 4K or 5K.
I know i could simply replace the graphics card in an upgradable PC but i don't really want to use Windows or Linux, buying a Mac every 5 years isn't too bad.
>>
>>62175653
That's not the same as opening a directory in the terminal
And there doesn't seem to be an easy way to display dotfiles
>>
>>62176046
see >>62175553
>>
>>62175197
iMacs are great. Do it.

Also, MacOS has the best screenshotting ever. You can either take a desktop screenshot, or just select a certain part of the screen. It's great. No more copy pasting to ms paint.
>>
File: 1478004904672.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478004904672.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>62175197
>>62176185
Well done Pradeep and Sanjay! 2 rupees have been deposited at your designated shitting streets.
>>
>>62175746
俺がMacを使ってるよ
アニメと漫画は大好きだから日本語を学ばた
(・^ー^・)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170830_231414.png (100KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170830_231414.png
100KB, 840x420px
Linux has had this for years lmao
>>
>>62175197
The only thing stopping me from getting an iMac is being able to use it as an external monitor.

If I could do that with my desktop I would buy one tomorrow.
>>
File: yun_smug1.jpg (59KB, 265x245px) Image search: [Google]
yun_smug1.jpg
59KB, 265x245px
I actaully like the mpb. The latest ones are shitty but the 2015 model is one of the best laptops I've ever used. I can do everything on it I can with my x200 with arch, just with modern hardware. I'm never abandoning thinkpads, but I can't find many flaws with this thing.
>>
>>62175558
brew install imagemagick
>>
>>62176297

You can though. Plug your laptop into its DP/Thunderbolt port and when you start the imac after you get to the login screen press command +f2, should allow your desktop to use it as an external monitor

Used to do this with a 2011 27" imac that I used to compile iOS and osx software on.
>>
>>62175116
>Their iMacs lack some features i want so i would prefer to buy a seperate monitor.

what features is it missing?
>>
>>62176356

They removed that.
>>
>>62175197
>GTX 1080
>not superior 1080Ti
>at 80C
baka
>>
>>62175163
Anything from adobe
>hurr durr wine
Wine is a fucking piece of shit, hard to set up, has a lot of issues and performance is shit.

Top tier software like IINA, garageband and OpenEmu

MacOS is the only OS which is capable to build native apps for both android and iOS, not sure about WP but it may be possible due to Visual Studio for mac (not that WP matters tho)

MacOS is the only OS where you can run all 3 major IDEs: Xcode, Visual Studio and QT

You're right tho, macOS isnt capable of 2 things which are exclusive to loonix: shitty software, retard autist tier UIs
>>
muh free software is overrated
hail capitalism
>>
>>62176357
Not being able to use it as a standalone external monitor.
Only has a glossy display with no option for matte.
It has huge bezels and chin.

But other than that i'd get an iMac with Built‑in VESA Mount Adapter, preferably in a new Space Grey color.
>>
>>62176529
>Not being able to use it as a standalone external monitor.
>Only has a glossy display with no option for matte.

yeah i can understand these

>It has huge bezels and chin.

that bothered me too since the design is pretty dated now (5 years later), but if you can i'd wait for the redesign coming next year

i still bought a 2017 one anyways because i'm coming from the 2013 mac pro and frankly no monitors are able to compete with the price/performance ratio of the iMac right now
>>
>>62175197
Try building a Hackintosh first
It's not that hard and that way you'll figure out if you like macOS without spending any money, while having fun and learning in the process.
>>
>>62176554
To be fair VS for Mac is just MonoDevelop rebranded.

Though with a Mac you can have one PC that can develop on all 3 mobile devices(with bootcamp).
>>
File: 1480850226174.png (709KB, 1182x1611px) Image search: [Google]
1480850226174.png
709KB, 1182x1611px
>>62176572
>no monitors are able to compete with the price/performance ratio of the iMac right now
This. Macshit is so beyond shit tier, not even Acer can go down to that level.
>>
Daily reminder that only dumb fucks who pretend they get laid buy a mac (tm).
Daily reminder that people with actual sex lives buy a Thinkpad.
>>
>>62175746
4chan.org
>>
>>62176572
>but if you can i'd wait for the redesign coming next year

I don't think they have a new design for the iMac planned for next year, the new iMac Pro releasing this December has the same design as the standard model with a Space Grey color.
I would be stupid to not give the first iMac Pro model the new design.
>>
>>62176641
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1472933247408.png (641KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472933247408.png
641KB, 640x480px
I found my macbook being slow.
I wanted to launch the diagnostic tool while holding the D key at start-up.
Instead of launching the tool, my mac wanted to retrieve information from the network. I never got to the page where I could choose my language.
After having provided the login to my wifi, I have receive a message -1 007D (see picture attached).
What does it means?
Why is the diagnostic tool not launching?

I am using Sierra 10.12.6
Processor: 2,9GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8Go 1600Mhz DDR3
>>
>>62176605
>A full featured 27' 5k iMac with a latest gen i5 CPU, AMD 380 GPU, 8gb of ram and 1tb hard drive costs $1500
>That dell monitor alone costs $1300 bucks... used.

Wow bro nicely done! you sure showed him!
>>
I recently typed the wrong URL into my browser (i.e., "reports" instead of "report"). It sent me to a website squatting next to the correct site and said I needed to update some apps in order to use the site. It partially installed MacKeeper and MegaBackup before I could stop it. I have uninstalled those apps but now I find that the Preview, Safari, System Preferences, Automator, ColorSynch, and Disk Utility apps have barred circles through them in my Apps Folder. When I try to open them, I get a message:

"You can’t use this version of the application “System Preferences.app” with this version of macOS."

If I try to open Safari Preferences, I get Norton Security extension control panel.

How can I get rid of this nonsense?
>>
>>62176590
I would rather just spend the money. I have literally nothing in my life and saving up for things is the only thing I have to look forward too even though I'm always disappointed in the end regardless.
>>
>>62175737
I will admit my battery started sucking after about 2 years. I could get through most days with about 15% left but that was with pretty light usage. I got the fugly apple battery case, and while its ugly as fuck, I easily get through two days of normal use.
>>
I am having the most irritating problem on messages for Mac. Every time I go to send a message to my dad, it pulls him up, shows me his picture, and then sends the message to my mom instead... I checked the Contacts app and there doesn't seem to be anything connecting the two. I even deleted the info listing them as 'spouses' to each other. It seems like a weird coincidence that it's messing up between my mom and dad, but I can not for the life of me figure out why. It never happens on the iPhone or iPad. It's driving me nuts! Anyone have any idea what's going on?
>>
>>62176717
Oh well, good luck then!
I was in the same boat as you, enjoyed my Hackintosh so much that i ended up getting an iMac, even if i liked it i don't really think ill buy another one and just stick to Hackintosh builds.
Even if i love MacOS, i can't stand apple Hardware being so closed (you can't even change ram, and its practically impossible to repair unless you send it to a apple store)
>>
I just upgraded to Sierra. MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012). Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB. Now my track pad does not work to scroll (yes, everything is checked in trackpad settings); only point and click works. Seriously, how can this be?? Thankfully, the mouse works.
>>
In an attempt to use paribus, I added a rule that would forward my messages to a gmail account. However, now that I've added the rule, when I open mail, it's just the spinning beach ball and eventually crashes. I cannot delete the rule because it's stuck in the beach ball. Is there a way to delete this some other way? I'm doomed without my mail!
>>
>fell for the apple brainwashing scheme
>my xiaomi phone and thinkpad with fedora now feel inadequate and clunky, mac seems so shiny and integrated
>tentatively saving up money for the newest macbook model and next year's flagship iphone
I fucking you hate you kikes. I was so happy with cheap, easily repairable and/or open source hardware before
>>
>>62176752
Mail on Mac since Sierra update has deleted all the emails (gmail) in the 'Mail' Inbox and also all the emails in folders 'On My Mac'.

I can not get them back on Time Machine. I can see them but there is no restore button. I did try to find them on the HD Library in Time Machine but the suggestions on the many web pages I have studied have not been able to offer a solution.

I can receive an email but once it is read and Mail is quit the next time I open Mail the Inbox is once again empty.

Mail is keeping the emails in my Sent, Trash and Drafts folders.

I have deleted the account from System Preferences Internet Accounts and everything disappeared except for one sent message. I have re entered the account and all the Sent, Trash and Drafts have reappeared. The issues with Inbox mail disappearing once read and Mail quit have recurred.

These messages from that particular gmail accounts are available on my iphone or if I log into gmail via Safari on the Mac.

Also now I have problems on my iphone with a different gmail account has nothing showing in the Inbox. If I look at 'All Mail' the messages are there. Why are they not in the 'Inbox"?

There is something seriously wrong with that Sierra update.
>>
>>62176717
I installed Sierra on my MacBook Pro a few days ago, and several times it has frozen. First the computer stops responding to my external mouse. About 30 seconds later it stops responding to the trackpad and keyboard. I have to force a restart. Why is this?

Perhaps relevant: According to Activity Monitor, kernel_task now frequently uses several hundred (and sometimes more than 2,000) percent of my CPU. Who knew that was possible?
>>
>>62176786
Time Machine backups have been happily chugging along the past few months. However today there was a warning that the backup failed. I clicked on "Details" and it said "The network backup disk does not support the required capabilities". Why would this happen after months of working just fine?

My Time Machine disk is USB 3 hard drive connected to the USB 3 port on an Asus RT-AC5300 router. I removed the backup disk from Time Machine and tried to re-select it. It tries for a while to reconnect and comes back with the same "required capabilities" message.
>>
Have I been hacked? Unrepairable SSD corruption & Permission Issues

Mid-2015 MBP (Retina MacBookPro11,5)

2.8 GHz i7-4980HQ 4-core

16 GB RAM

Summary of Issue:

Noticed I started receiving a lot of spam calls
FB account possibly hacked, so I took down FB
Began noticing frequent crashes, duplicate apps, screen appearance constantly changing, problems w/ device syncing
Recovery partition disappeared
Frequently asked to update apps I had already updated on MacOS & iOS on a daily basis
I had both FileVault and Firmware Password set, but was still able to boot using key-combos
Running Disk Utility in Safe-Mode reported unrepairable corruption on disk (not volume), but returned status as ok when running repair via internet recovery. Rebooted into safe mode to verify that problem was actually fixed, but received unrepairable corruption message again.
Began to try and fix the problem by:
Disabling firmware protection using my password
Disabling FileVault encryption using my password
Re-running diagnostics (received same errors)
Tried to reinstall Sierra (which I downloaded from AppStore)
Tried to reinstall Sierra from internet recovery

STILL DID NOT FIX PROBLEM!!!
>>
>>62175318
I would defend Apple to the death because I love their hardware, but I can fully agree with you that Finder is a steaming pile of shit. Why the fuck does the file view seem to change every minute? Why is it that when I drop a file into a Finder window, it doesn't arrange itself, but it just sits exactly where I dropped it forever? Why would anybody ever fucking want that? And you can't even arrange files by default. You have to check the option for every single motherfucking folder in the entire system. Finder can suck my nuts.
>>
When I first upgraded my iMAC to Sierra (10.12), Mail would crash every time I tried to select the "Sent" folder. Most other folders could be accessed fine; a few would also cause Mail to crash. Re-installed Sierra, no luck.

Today, Mail started crashing on a few other folders. Then, finally, it crashed altogether and will no longer re-open; every time I try to open the app I get a "Mail quit unexpectedly" dialog and dump. I believe this is the most pertinent information:

Crashed Thread: 6 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSNull length]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fffb4d7cf10'

abort() called

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Once again I re-installed Sierra, but still cannot open Mail at all. Thanks Apple.
>>
>>62176828
Multi Monitor and Sierra Forgets Window Positions after Wake Up From Sleep

I have a laptop screen and an external monitor. Both are open during my workday. I keep my email and Messages app on my laptop screen and use the 27" monitor as my primary display for everything else. It's basically a multi-monitor setup except my laptop screen is the second monitor.

About once a day, when I leave my Macbook Pro Retina for 30 minutes and it goes to sleep, I wake it up from sleep and all of my windows are moved to my 27" display. I have to drag my email and Messages app back over to the laptop display.

Unless I physically disconnected my monitor, this absolutely never happened in El Capitan or Yosemite and even Mavericks. Every time I work up my Macbook from sleep it would remember where the windows need to be.

Why is this happening with Sierra?
>>
>>62176830
I'm using my MBP 15" with the latest MacOS and with both the Startech and OWC Thunderbolt 3 Docks, I am consistently having problems with the displays. Pretty much anytime my MBP connects to the dual displays, from booting up, computer wake-up or even display sleep I get inconsistent results. Sometimes only ONE display works and I hit restart and then both will come up (nothing changed). Or I have to unplug/plug one then it gets activated. Sometimes are display sleep, the displays are reversed where my right is the main and not the left.

Since this has happened with multiple brand docks and I even saw this with non-USBC and Thunderbolt 2 docks, I assume this is a MacOS just not liking docks.

Anyone else see this behavior? I've tried resetting my PRAM and SMC but the problems always come back.
>>
>>62176846
Don't ask me, I'm a broke faggot that doesn't even have an external display. But if you take OS X through years of use and multiple upgrades it seems to produce random fuckery like that, so if you haven't already, maybe a clean install would fix it.
>>
File: dunce_peeep.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
dunce_peeep.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>62176828
You love their hardware? You love how they SOLDER their RAM?
>>
>>62176877
how to remove malware 'advanced mac cleaner'

I have malware, 'advanced mac cleaner' that I cannot seem to remove from my iMac. I am using the Sierra version 10.12.2
>>
>>62176880
As if Apple is the only company that does that. Besides, I'm still on the last generation of upgradeable Macs. Their design was at its peak then, in my opinion.
>>
>>62176880
since a while I have not been able to shut down my MacBook pro (Sierra 10.12.2) with a command (only long-pressing the power button..)

Due to this I'm not able to download software updates which require restarting the computer.

On top of that some open applications don't show up in the dock, nor can I switch through them with cmd+tab...

Is it possible that those two problems are connected?

Any idea how to solve it?
>>
File: 1476439644981.jpg (194KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1476439644981.jpg
194KB, 988x802px
>>62176904
>Their design was at its peak then
So were their temperatures. :^)
>>
>>62176923
>Retina
You're a few years ahead of the era I'm referring to , buddy.
>>
>>62176951
I bought my mac air 2 days ago but when i was browsing, a pop comes out saying your mac is infected to trojan horse. Can you please tell me how to resolve this?
>>
>>62176961
Close the tab and quit watching gay porn on shady websites.
>>
File: 1474307156967.png (256KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474307156967.png
256KB, 1280x800px
User login screen only displays in the top left quadrant???

I just updated my OS to Sierra yesterday. For whatever reason, the login screen is only being displayed on a quarter of the screen (top-left), the other three quadrants are black.

This is the screenshot of the login screen. It makes no sense. Once I login, it goes back to fullscreen. Any help?
>>
>>62177001
lol

Kexts aren't being injected correctly
>>
>>62175163
how about you install a fedora on your head and do some music production on that shitty OS
>>
Several months ago, I got excellent support and my iMac speeded up. Unfortunately, I didn't save that conversation. (Can I access it somewhere?)

Anyway, I need to go through the same process, I think. I know have two IMacs, neither of which can seem to speed up.

Seriously, I'm considering going back to PC!!!
>>
>>62175163
iterm2, multitouch trackpad, icloud
>>
brand new macbook pro 2017 juat arrived and the screen just goes black and I can just see the curser. I reboot and login, the screen goes black again...help!
>>
Sierra Update Deleted All My Docs on iCloud

I accepted the "updates ready to install" not really even thinking about it. I do recall noticing that it was a Sierra update. It updated... and wiped my iCloud completely. I've connected with help desk. Two people told me "they see something really large out there" but that they need the engineers to to look at it. The engineers tried a restore but it returned nothing. All files gone. This happened ~ 3 weeks ago and I've been dealing with help desk.

I'm done with Apple for good.
>>
>>62175558
dude just use the terminal wtf
its not like macOS doesnt have native bash or anything
>>
>>62176702
boot into safe mode and see if its okay
if so, clear out shit that may be hiding in
/library/launchagents
/library/launchdaemons
/library/startupitems
/user/library/launchagents
>>
>>62174504
>using a phone after three years
...is this supposed to be an accomplishment?

literally all of my phones still work fine except for the LG G2
>>
I've been facing this problem with safari when I try to print anything. I've OKI C511dn printer which has worked so well for the last couple of years but now when I try to print safari crashes instantly. I can print via apple Mail and other browsers such as Firefox but safari crashes instantly.

I've searched forums but so far didn't find any solution. One possible suggestion on this forum was to delete com.apple.Safari.plist from your Library/Preferences folder. Then reboot. but I couldn't find this file in that folder. I've also reset Printing System in Printers & Scanners section of the system preferences but it didn't help.
>>
>>62177372
I'd be amazed too if I found an iphone that still worked after 2 years.
>>
>>62177388
lol im using an iphone 5 right now. battery lasts all day, runs the latest OS.

Have fun sticking your head in the sand
>>
I've been having trouble with my trackpad on a 15" macbook pro 2016. It's a little weird, everything seems to work fine and all regular, accessory or force touch clicks register, but at random times the drag feature becomes completely unresponsive: files can't be moved around with the trackpad. It stays that way until it just spontaneously resolves. It's happened quite a few times, even on the most recent version of MacOs. Anyone has any idea what this means or how to fix it?
>>
>>62176903
dude just clean install. its the only way
>>
>>62177399
>the state of mactoddler delusion
>>
>>62175931
I have an iPhone 5 and it lasts me a couple hours.
I do what you do plus some mobage and social media.
>>
>>62177414
what is dilutional about that? both of those statements are true.

The irony of your comment is stunning
>>
>>62177388
This is my phone >>62177416
I've had it for over 3 years and it's still runs literally perfectly. It's also looks way better than whatever the fuck is currently available on the market, including the latest iphone models.
>>
>>62177402
swollen battery?
>>
>>62174450
anyone have airpods and an iphone 7/+?
I'm using them with my 6s+ and whenever I touch the bottom right corner and twist it about 15° in my pocket the airpods freak out and stop playing or intermittently play and crackle a lot.
They have no problem with me leaving my phone on the floor below, then walking upstairs to my kitchen through 3 walls and a counter.
But nooo touch my bottom right corner and twist it a bit and the audio freaks out.
>>
Where can I get a cheap logic board for an a1425 macbook pro?
>>
>>62177414
But he is right

I wouldn't buy an iPhone again (way too expensive) but they have a stunning support, much greater than any Android, even to those advertised as "long term support" (Nexus or OnePlus by example)
The iPhone 4 by example had a 4 years support, while even the Nexus just has 1 year and half.
>>
Problem: All FILES in the Documents folder are gone after upgrading to Sierra. (Folders are still there)

What I have done:

Upgraded to Sierra
Activated "Desktop & Document Files" under System Preferences / iCloudDrive
Thought that is a bad Idea after a view minutes and turned off iCloudDrive on my mac
On the Question that came up "All documents stored in iCloud are removed from this mac" I answered "Keep a Copy"

NOW ALL FILES ARE GONE. Everything .
>>
>>62177001
you're fucked Ron

you bricked your computer, all your data is gone
>>
Invisible cursor in Time Machine

New 15" MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra ver 10.12.3 and a G Drive SSD USB-C external drive for Time Machine, and a Magic Mouse 2. Being an author and illustrator, about the only applications I use (besides Mail and Safari) are TextEdit, Gimp, and Sigil. I do not use iCloud nor whatever that game center thing is. I got this new computer because my old iMac is dying.

When I first got the computer about a week ago there were no problems, but this last Sunday evening the invisible cursor in Time Machine issue showed up.

Talk about flying blind, when I enter Time Machine the cursor disappears. I have an open ticket with Apple Support, but they seem as stymied as I am. One of the things that confuses them is that when they look at the issue with remote desktop, the cursor is visible. Have reinstalled the OS and the new update, disassociated the Magic Mouse 2, run virus scans, and a number of other investigative steps Apple Support has walked me through, all without success.
>>
I'm thinking of going all in and getting the newest MacBook Pro, it's either than or a Thinkpad with Fedora for my mobile workstation purposes. Is it a good investment (also, Apple Care or no?)? How many years should it last me? Is the touchbar shit?
>>
>>62178430
Macbooks are a good investment. Im typing this on a late 2011 macbook pro that still works great and has no problems or failing parts. I could sell it on craigslist for $500-$600 even though its basically 6 years old.

Never bought apple care, never needed it for a laptop really. might be worth it if you are a klutz
>>
If Unix us better than linux... Why do mac users install linux and not bsd?
>>
>>62178650
This is bait right?
>>
>>62178724
Honest question. Mac os is Unix, bsd is Unix, why install linux if Unix is better. I know you don't buy a mac because of its superior hardware. So? Why put linux on it at all?
>>
>>62178759
Isn't osx just Unix with Darwin UI?
>>
>>62177399
Horseshit
>>
>>62178759
macOS is based on BSD code but that is not why it has some advantages over linux. Nobody installs any of the 'pure' BSDs because they are not heavily used in industry. macOS being based on BSD is one of it's greatest assets because it enables it to easily interface with and develop for linux computers.

I personally wouldn't put linux on a MacBook, unless its running in a vm, but I could see why one would buy one over other laptops. Even though MacBooks don't have the best raw specs or performance they are built very well, better than any other laptop imho, have a very high resale value, and have support from physical stores all across the world.

These are all very compelling reasons to buy a MacBook. Not every professional needs extra super top performance in a laptop and are willing to make a trade off for these other benefits.

That being said, some people prefer linux to macOS but they still want the advantages provided by owning a mac hardware.
>>
>>62178831
Its in good condition because it was my mom's phone (I broke my 6). She treated it well and didnt use it much. Its been sitting around for like a year since she got a new phone.

Also I have a job that requires my attention for a good portion of the day and I don't use social media apps so my battery lasts pretty long.

It works for me, don't know what else to say
>>
File: IMG_20170831_104720.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_104720.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
What ist the purpose of this thread of everything "just werks xd" go jerk youreselfes off somewhere else

pic related
>>
>>62178759
apple doesn't have superior hardware
>>
File: og.png (227KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og.png
227KB, 1200x630px
Is the touch bar a gimmick? I was looking at getting a MacBook Pro after I had a piece of shit Surface Pro 4 for a few months (sounds like a fucking bear if you do anything other than stare at the desktop). Can't decide if I'll regret buying one without the touch bar and TouchID.
>>
File: 1501279642019.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1501279642019.gif
613KB, 498x498px
So after 6 years my good old ASUS i7 laptop is slowly dying. Meanwhile I´ve quit gaming altogether and want a mac so i can synchronize it with my iphone and also i enjoy the looks, the slimness and the nice display. Also, I am on my last year of my master degree so I still can benefit from the students discount.

Which macbook should i buy? It´s literally just for surfing the web, office, stuff like matlab and stata and watching hd movies, occacional photoshop use and nothing more.
>>
>>62179701
Seems kind of gimmicky to me but I think it has potential to be really useful if devs make good software for it
>>
>>62179708
get one with 16 gigs of RAM that'll be enough to last at least 6 years or more
>>
>>62179785
I think the TouchID could be useful when apps start picking it up, like LastPass. I also see why it would be useful for watching videos on YouTube etc. but its a fair bit of extra money for it.
>>
>>62174450
/fag/ is back again

Thanks /g/
>>
>>62174504
This. And probably won't replace it for another year (partly because I can't justify paying $1400 for the upcoming iPhone)

the only thing that keeps me buying Apple is reliability, my mbp is over 5 yrs old and still does what I need (admittedly I'm also putting off buying one of the new mbps)

>>62174587
no because Apple went back on their promises about using panoramas and Live Photos as wallpapers
>>
>>62177372
Enjoy your software exploits, gaping security holes and never getting updates!
>>
>>62182128
I would rather have zero security and a replaceable battery than a four year old iPhone with 10 minute battery.
>>
>>62175390
This. Stop getting buttblasted over tech
>>
>>62182146
I wouldn't, but thankfully that's irrelevant because my battery is just fringe.
>>
>>62174450
Aight pretty big newfag here, just wondering anyway to spice up an iphone or am i just retarded?
>>
>>62179328
That's what I said.
>>
>>62176692
What are you, a poorfag?
>>
>>62182426
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking
>>
>>62175256
Yes, Adobe is a massive company with tons of money because nobody does "real" work with their software.
>>
>>62175318
Finder works just fine, are you retarded?
>>
>>62183865
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>62175558
It has all of those things, you retard.

Don't blame the tools for your incompetence.
>>
>>62176145
Cmd+shift+.

Learn how to fucking use the OS, You fucking retard.
>>
File: 1485037792603.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485037792603.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>62183981
>uses a fruity toddler toy babby OS
>calls someone else retarded
>>
>>62176185
If you do the screen selection screenshot hot key, but then press space bar, your mouse turns into a camera icon and you can click a window to perfectly screenshot just that window. Grabs the drop shadow and everything, so fucking good.

One of my favorite features, hands down.
>>
>>62183981
I say the same about Gentoo. But I've learned, you just can't fix stupid. Not without killing it.
>>
>>62175558
Is this a bait post?
Nobody is this retarded.
>>
>>62174462
>Being this new
>>
>>62184073
>>62183981
>t. brainlet mactoddler
>>
>>62184081
what
>>
Well, I haven't been using my Calendar in a long time, but as I was about to start with it again I ran into a problem which is currently driving me nuts...

I had my Calendar connected to iCloud and wanted to subscribe to a calendar from my Uni. I copied the URL and pasted it in Calendar. And, somehow the entire thing just froze! I have to force quit it to be able to do anything at all.

I've now tried re-opening it multiple times with the same result all the time. It shows the message:

The request for account “iCloud” failed.

The server responded with

“400”

to operation CalDAVMigrateToServerQueueableOperation.

Underneath this it says "Make sure you're connected to the internet", and gives options to "try again now" or "try again later".

I have also tried unchecking Calendars in my iCloud tab in System preferences, rebooting, unchecking it on my iPhone as well, filling in the URL again. Nothing works. Calendars will open and not freeze if unchecked and not connected to iCloud, but of course without any info that I need. But once I check the box again I'm back to the same old message and freezing. It's working fine on my iPhone for some reason and the calendar I wanted to subscribe to shows up there, but not in any way on my computer.
>>
>this weak bait had worked
>>
How to add insert key on a mac Keyboard

I sometimes work from home using my mac to log into my windows work computer. I use Microsoft Remote Desktop to log in and use Citrix. It is a program that requires me to use the insert key all the time. Why the hell mac not have insert key?! Is this a toy or a computer?!?!
>>
I've recently noted a very strage behavior of my mbp. When I close the laptop after some time it starts opening windows, applications from the dock and Siri. It's occurred two times in the last week.
>>
>>62174450

>fastest arm cpu
>integrated iMessage
>comfy
>>
File: 1443330670955.jpg (16KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1443330670955.jpg
16KB, 300x199px
So my iPhone 5S is slowly dying (it keeps rebooting for no reason and I already restored it twice in a week)

Should I get an iPhone 7 or 6S or just kill myself
>>
>>62184576
Go Turing or LG. If iphone is you're only choice just kys.
>>
>>62176185
Wow what an amazing feature that hS existed on windows for aeons! It's almost as if there was this thing called snipping tool or something

>applecucks in charge of knowing how to operate computers
>>
macOS is /comfy/
>>
somebody post a rolling picture
>>
>>62184967
>Safari
yuck
>>
>>62184967
>>
>>62186255
How are you enjoying that scaling on your 13 inch rMBP? Also fuck off with your BSD kqueen.
>>
>>62186230
Safari is /comfy/ af my dude 
>>
>>62183865
Correct, they made all that money from idiots.
>>
>>62186307
>That user interface
"no"
>>
>>62186293
It's small but by no means straining.
also no u
>>
>>62184967
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street "Kevin" Maharashtra.
>>
File: 1479345939964.jpg (384KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479345939964.jpg
384KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>62186326
I switched from Chrome to Safari, never looking back, it's comfy af.
>>62186388
Lol
>>
>>62186293
happy? got rid of the BSD fetch 
>>
>>62184576
if you can wait for 7s/8/ whatever the fuck is about to be announced on the 12th, that's your best bet, otherwise the 7 is perfectly lovely.
>>
>>62184967
I've never owned a mac, but that does look legit comfy af.
>>
>>62186459
MACTODDLERS BTFO
>>
So there is no real reason to buy a mac. Better hardware is available that can run the same os but for 1/4 the price...
Do you mac shills actually purchase just because "mac store"..
My pc runs mavericks, freebsd, Gentoo, windows xp/7/10. Performs 100 x better than a comparably priced mac.

Also... Why is apple cert ram so costly? 4x the price of any other brand @ slower speeds and higher latencies... Wtaf. This is why apple is bad. Just money hungry Jews. And you idiot flock to em like they're confirmed Jesus ... Sad and pathetic.
>>
>>62186459
shouldn't have bought a used one full of dust and with a dead battery then.
>>
>>62188686
A mactoddler has defended his fruity toddler toy.
>>
File: chart.jpg (51KB, 750x584px) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
51KB, 750x584px
>>62186459
>shit build quality
>>
>>62174462
kys new friend
>>
1. /dev/tty is piped to terminal.app and whatever other terminal emulator (which are really clients on macOS) that you're using and /dev/console is piped to console.app, the terminal part makes it so that all terminals don't rely on X11 or a tmux server to stay stable and the console part gives you a decent user interface around debugging the operating system and even crashing programs, as console.app stores crash dumps also.

2. It doesn't rely on X11 at all, but gives you the officially supported freedom to use it through XQuartz and integrate it with Aqua, which makes your graphical environment more stable while staying as flexible.

3. It's built on a FreeBSD base as a Mach kernel module, which is all kept open source, which means that even if the whole fucking operating system fails, chances are very high that it can be reloaded as a kernel module and restored to whatever state it was before the crash using its coredump. The FreeBSD base also gives the Apple-ified FreeBSD user-space all of the advantages of FreeBSD, namely that it's more integrated with the kernel, more stable, more secure, etc. This also gives it the benefit of being a hybrid kernel, with the stability and simplicity of a monolithic kernel through the BSD part, while keeping the flexibility of a microkernel through the Mach part, which modules can be loaded onto in a stable, secure manner.
>>
>>62188825
>>62188750
4. Cocoa is objectively better than both gtk and qt, although qt supports it. The reason is that Cocoa actually has a good-looking, consistent design, is pleasant programming for, and all the while it enforces standards which are tied to the user interface, giving standard hotkeys for many features including common window management functions like fullscreen, tabs, client info, settings menu, etc. which gives any program some form of familiarity so that the user can start using it efficiently as fast as possible through these standard hotkeys, whereas most linux and windows programs all have different hotkeys that the user must learn.

5. macOS is Unix-like, and as was previously said, the libc is based on FreeBSD, and most of what runs on Linux runs on FreeBSD, and most of what runs on FreeBSD also runs on macOS. Through this you can install most if not all applications that you're familiar with from Linux into macOS and use it casually. This includes many terminal and X11-based applications through XQuartz. Many package management systems work on macOS including macports, which is a great ports-like package manager that both supports binary packages if you're on the run and source-based packages if you want more customizability.

6. The soon to be released (on macOS) APFS gives it a decent, stable, case-sensitive, copy-on-write filesystem that supports many of the features which makes ZFS great like snapshots, clones, etc. But also supports encryption from the filesystem itself, which ZFS doesn't. All of this while Linux is struggling to get Btrfs to a stable state, and even that is a very mediocre implementation of a copy-on-write, ZFS-like filesystem.

7. It's neither GNU, FreeDesktop.org, nor Linux while supporting all of them, and has more proprietary support from the Windows world including Adobe and Microsoft products, so you have the best of all worlds.
>>
>>62188792
>based entirely on surverys

Fake news.
>>
Who here ready for jailbreak? iPhone 6 Plus on 10.3.1 here
>>
>>62174450
Alright /fag/ so I got the new 2017 MacBook Pro...the entry level 128GB 13 inch model...as a bedside computer.

This is my first Apple laptop since my 700mhz iBook G3 around 2001...I was expecting it to be good but I wasn't expecting to be so captivated.

I am genuinely thinking about giving this entry level one to my boyfriend and getting a fully loaded 15 inch touchbar meme machine MacBook Pro.

Any advice, suggestions and comments?

Once again this is for my cozy laptop internet shitposting, casual Photoshop, out of the house shit and light bedtime vidya...I do not need or want a PC I have one already for video games and VR.
>>
>>62188884
bost poibussy

and install macports
>>
>>62188884
touch bar is an inefficient gimmick

grab a refurbished 2015 mbp, cheaper, more ports and better keyboard
>>
>>62188944
I don't need the ports and I like the keyboard...travel was a little too shallow to begin with but I got used to it.

..and about the touchbar...you cant get the fully loaded MBP without one sadly otherwise I would.
>>
File: 1476252747114.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1476252747114.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>62188884

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>>62188985
Idk what you would use the extra power for but you could if you want. It's just unless you really want to dual boot with winblows for games you don't need the highest model to still run smooth.

I have the second highest one and it still plays Overwatch outputting at 4k. Not being able to game on Mac is a meme.
>>
>>62186307
>>62184967

So how much faster is Safari in High Sierra compared to Sierra? Since it was advertised as the worlds fastest browser at some point.
>>
>>62184739
Windows requires you to open a program or push print screen then paste it somewhere. Mac has screenshotting built in and it's much faster and better.
>>
>>62184133
He cant speak english so he just responds with "mactoddler" Don't expect actual arguments out of these indian poorfags.
>>
>>62184967
>>62186307
does it support /animu/
>>
File: 1495678696630.jpg (64KB, 966x554px) Image search: [Google]
1495678696630.jpg
64KB, 966x554px
>>62190287
>t. poorfag
>>
File: IMG_0213.png (116KB, 600x1076px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0213.png
116KB, 600x1076px
>>62176605
>>
File: 1474199200314.jpg (171KB, 600x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1474199200314.jpg
171KB, 600x1076px
>>62190330
>>
>>62190367
>being this ass mad
Really gets me lafin
>>
File: 1499008594733.jpg (73KB, 470x495px) Image search: [Google]
1499008594733.jpg
73KB, 470x495px
>>62190367
Look at the thread you're in fucking moron. You can't just swap the company around and expect the argument will still apply.
>>
>>62190330
>>62190367
I like these. What I like most is the details if you check the both filenames.
>>
>>62176912
look up how to reset SMC
>>
File: 1474031344480.png (245KB, 407x503px) Image search: [Google]
1474031344480.png
245KB, 407x503px
>>62190388
Look at the board you're in fucking moron. You can't just swap the company around and expect the argument will still apply.
>>
>>62190503
Macs are technology. Having an apple general isn't any worse than any of the other threads that get posted, or would you rather intel vs ayymd thread #1000383
>>
>>62190545
>fruity toddler toys
>technology

>>>/toy/
>>
>>62182851
If i was, i'd get a pc
>>
File: usingapple.jpg (204KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
usingapple.jpg
204KB, 1200x800px
>>62190503
What is this even supposed to be? Are you trying to trick people into thinking the sticky has a diss on Apple or something? Or is it just because Stallman hates Apple even though he hates everything?

This is the most pathetic "argument" I've ever seen and yet you have zero self awareness as you keep posting it. Just how desperate are you currynigger?

Oh and please respond with something other than "mactoddler"

Where do indians and poorfags get the false impression that they or their ricing toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?
>>
>>62190207
I play a really unoptimized virtual world game called Second Life...it's really heavy...its basically spaghetti code plastered on top of ancient code from 1999...it's a mess...but yeah very demanding.

That's basically why I want the top tier one so I can be gay in virtual worlds.
>>
File: 1497435847868.jpg (806KB, 800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1497435847868.jpg
806KB, 800x2500px
>>62190573
>t. mactoddler poorfag
>>
>>62190586
The current state of anti apple arguments
>>
>>62190330
>you cant even right click

Huh?
>>
>>62190207
Oh also....about the machine getting hot...I know it's one big heat sink...but it gets hella hot sometimes...only towards the back and seemingly not near the batteries but still...I worry...anything to put my mind at rest...how hot does yours get? How long do you game etc?
>>
File: 1502634291609.png (2MB, 1686x844px) Image search: [Google]
1502634291609.png
2MB, 1686x844px
>>62190612
The current state of apple toddlers.
>>
Thinking of getting an iPad to replace my Nexus 9, i barely use it, and half the reason is because it's kinda crappy - though i'm honestly unsure how much usage i'd get out of it. In any situation where i need the internet at home i find it easier to pick up my laptop.

But it'd be nice to have something i can take places without worrying TOO much about.
>>
>>62190624
Funny, considering linux users tend to be the most attracted to "traps"
>>
>>62190617
Remember these are the same idiots that think macOS and iOS are the same and you can't install whatever you want on a Mac because it's locked down or whatever. Yes, I have seen people say that more than once on here.
>>
File: 1481860132954.jpg (562KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481860132954.jpg
562KB, 1920x1080px
>>62190665
>But it'd be nice to have something i can take places without worrying TOO much about.
lmao
>>
5k is pretty comfy. Too bad the thinkpad autists will never know the feeling!
>>
>>62190665
If you want a new tablet there is no option besides Apple. Not sure about the past but Android tablets are zero competition nowadays. With iPads you have all these apps optimized for the iPad. Apple won that war.
>>
File: 1477602963120.png (64KB, 1021x476px) Image search: [Google]
1477602963120.png
64KB, 1021x476px
>>62190687
>mactoddler calling people on a technology board idiots

rly maeks u think...
>>
File: 1495177726561.jpg (739KB, 800x2790px) Image search: [Google]
1495177726561.jpg
739KB, 800x2790px
>>62190703
>8bit trash with the worst dead pixel warranty in the industry

lmao
>>
Daily reminder that only dumb fucks who pretend they get laid buy a mac (tm).
Daily reminder that people with actual sex lives buy a Thinkpad.
>>
File: 1489069431643.webm (3MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489069431643.webm
3MB, 426x240px
>>62190704
>lagPad

Even generic Acer garbage lasts longer than iShit.
>>
>>62190721
I live in a civilized country with mandated warranties :^) keep being mad you can't have nice things
t. americanfag
>>
>>62190721
Yeah, you should show him with your brand new 8k 10 bits monitor!!!

>>62190729
Even as bait that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>62190740
What did you do your iPad to make it lag like that pajeet?
>>
File: 1480361546276.webm (891KB, 912x656px) Image search: [Google]
1480361546276.webm
891KB, 912x656px
>>62190750
>applel dumpster fires
>nice things

The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler delusion.
>>
>>62190740
I have a mini 2 and it doesn't lag. Keep trying ;)
>>
>>62190751
then why is it that most of the world has been programmed on a thinkpad and not a mac?

blow it out your ass
>>
>>62190769
2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple Evangelism Account Prakesh!
>>
>>62190740
Looking at those bezels... is it a 1st gen?
>>
>>62190774
>then why is it that most of the world has been programmed on a thinkpad and not a mac?
is that what they tell you in chinkpad general? even google programmers use macbooks
>>
File: 1495033555891.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495033555891.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>62190864
>t. iToddler
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
So I've had this for a while not and while everyone claims smartwatches are shit this thing is actually pretty good. I've got it set to keep track of all my health related stuff, I use it for apple pay everywhere, it's comfortable, great for alarms, reminders, notifications, etc.
I had a pebble before they died, and this is way fucking better.
>>
>>62190891
what about before the year of our lord 2010 you cuck
>>
File: 1488652928664.jpg (93KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488652928664.jpg
93KB, 800x540px
>>62190911
2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple Evangelism Account Prakesh!
>>
>>62190908
>greek
>human
okay... nice argument you got there
>>
>>62190922
You really think you're clever don't you? you do realize how pathetic it is being so mad about a company you spend all your time posting this shit right?
>>
>>62190891
>implying google created most of what PC's run on

Macs dont count, they only make up 3% of the OS market bitch. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1473460829026.jpg (116KB, 400x815px) Image search: [Google]
1473460829026.jpg
116KB, 400x815px
>>62190944
You really think you're clever don't you? you do realize how pathetic it is worshipping a company and spending all your time circlejerking to this shit right?
>>
>>62190922
>someone actually spends their free time sameposting these shitty memes.

Can someone explain to me why people get so irrationally upset over Apple?
>>
File: 1476762855649.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1476762855649.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>62190984
>someone actually spends their free time circlejerking to apple all day

Can someone explain to me why """""people"""""" get so religiously devoted over Apple?
>>
>>62190948
Wow didn't realize OS marketshare statistics were relevant when we were talking about chinkpads. Guess I'm not smart enough to understand your brilliance.
>>
>>62190984
Can you explain to me why people get so irrationally upset over green bubbles?
>>
>>62190948
>Macs dont count, they only make up 3% of the OS market bitch.
Apple has ~7%. You're thinking of where Linux hopes to be.
>>
File: 1396507496035.png (2MB, 2100x2196px) Image search: [Google]
1396507496035.png
2MB, 2100x2196px
>>62190984
paid shills, not sure what company they are for. possibly microsoft.
>>
>>62190994
Because maybe some people like products that fucking work that they don't have to fuck around with? No not that, it couldn't be that people don't want to dick around with pcs, linux, or god forbid lagdroid.
>>
>>62190974
Linux users circlejerk about your used thinkpads and their jobless communist OS and thats ok
Mac users talk about macs and suddenly dozens of retard poorfags come over

You guys are pathetic
>>
>>62190254
sharex...
>>
>>62191027
>exploding throttling macshit
>work

topkek m8
>>
File: Atli-wrist.jpg (70KB, 900x898px) Image search: [Google]
Atli-wrist.jpg
70KB, 900x898px
>>62190994
Ikr?
>>
>>62190974
>>62190994
Even if some people are enthusiastic about using Apple products, why do you care? Just don't buy Apple products.
>>
>>62191045
strange, my imac, ipad or iphone have never exploded or throttled, not once. keep pretending you know what you're talking about
>>
>>62191058
It's more than just enthusiasm, though. Brand loyalty is autistic in all forms.
>>
>>62191024
apple shill with new strats another anon and me figured in another thread
>>
>>62179067
>Nobody installs any of the 'pure' BSDs because they are not heavily used in industry

Did you get that out of your ass ?
>>
File: 1482132962453.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482132962453.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>62191029
>mactoddler calling anyone else pathethic

rly maeks u thnk....

maybe you should go back to /r/eddit where you belong kiddo lmao
>>
>>62191002
suck my ass, because you have a mac and youre too stupid to even think about what i just said. people also program on windows too you fucking moron
>>
>>62191017
even if i was wrong, 7% is still poor as fuck compared to the other 93% which is dominated by microsoft and contains linux somewhere in there.

just like your mac, your argument is useless you virgin
>>
>>62191098
No disagreement there, but autists like >>62191134
>>62190994
>>62190974
>>62190922
>>62190740
>>62190721
are just as cringe inducing.
>>
>>62191134
Maybe YOU should go back to riddit or just anywhere that isn't a fucking Apple thread if you just want to derail and post shit. Where do you think you are?

The quality of posts is very important to this community.
>>
>>62191161
see >>62190503
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127KB, 345x337px) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127KB, 345x337px
>>62191144
>i dont use a mac
>i am smarter than you will ever be!
>>
>>62174450
Working on a customer's MemeBook Pro 2013 and I open up the case to replace his SSD. I realize it's an M2 SSD instead of being shaped like a normal fucking drive so I ordered a new one from Crucial. After I put the case back on the laptop was posting, but no screen. I fairly sure his GPU got fucked, and I had the unfortunate reality of being stuck with the failure. What do?
>>
>>62189159
>being this mad
wintoddlers lmao
>>
File: 1487516317069.jpg (49KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487516317069.jpg
49KB, 720x540px
>>62191161
>Maybe YOU should go back to riddit or just anywhere that isn't a fucking Apple thread
>m-m-m-muh safe space!!!111

You came to technology board to circlejerk over your toddler toys for technology illiterate technophobes. If you can't take the heat that comes with it, you can go back to /r/eddit.
>>
>>62191186
put the old one back in and tell him you couldn't fix it
>>
>>62191197
>Still pushing the Apple isn't technology angle
pathetic. I'll tell you what's not technology: You arguing about reddit.
>>
>>62191134
>Followind the "apple is bad XD" and "nohing personal kid" meme
>"go bck to rddit!"

So ironic
>>
File: 1475223130291.jpg (99KB, 400x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1475223130291.jpg
99KB, 400x1512px
>>62191217
>applel products locks user out of all internals both hardware and software
>hides as much technology as possible
>turns computer into dumb appliance so iToddlers don't get scared at a device having more than one button

>my fruity toddler toys are technology because i say so

lmao @ ur lyfe
>>
Actual question for losers like >>62191197
>>62191134

Why do you get so triggered about people being able to afford things that you dont? dont you actually have something better to do?
>>
>>62191161
>The quality of posts is very important to this community.
HAHAHAHA
Have you even looked at the post catalog even once? Endless x btfo threads, gpu shit posts, dae sjw posts, hurr durr what browser use thread #4059534

/g/ is not a community that cares about quality posts
>>
>>62191255
>one button
meanwhile half the androids have zero buttons now
I don't know why I'm even replying but whatever
>>
File: 1488529443893.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488529443893.webm
1MB, 640x360px
Actual question for losers like >>62191266

Why do you get so triggered about people shitting on your fruit religion? dont you actually have something better to do?
>>
>>62191184
wow you even provided a picture of what most people i see using macs look like

good job
>>
>>62191290
>No argument

As expected, please keep bumping this thread, lol
>>
>>62174450
Gang
>>
File: 1493170764669.jpg (806KB, 800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1493170764669.jpg
806KB, 800x2500px
>>62191266
>being able to afford things that you dont?

Only a total povertyfag i.e. most appletoddlers would equate owning a $1000 device and on contract no less, to being "not poor."
>>
File: youjeet.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youjeet.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>REEEE SIR
>PLZ I DONT LIKE APPIL PRODACT
>DELETE SIR
>MACTODDLER
>REEEEE
>Ashish Patel is literally browsing /g/ right now and using it as his designated shitposting board
>>
Anti mac arguments have literally reached the level of repeating
>"why are apple haters so pathetic"
>*mimicking voice: "why are apple fags so pathetic"

We actually reached this low
>>
>>62191324
>>62190586
>running out of anti-apple photos so you start reposting
kek.
>>
File: 1502548214937.jpg (288KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
1502548214937.jpg
288KB, 600x736px
>yfw it's actually a linux user making this thread every day when he gets the urge to shit on apple users
>>
>>62191351
Notice how he is taking his time to post this time, he's probably googling "anti apple images" atm.
>>
File: 1500495851327.jpg (94KB, 966x554px) Image search: [Google]
1500495851327.jpg
94KB, 966x554px
>>62191351
>mactoddler poorfag can't defend his poverty brand
kek
>>
>>62191351
>>62191409
Most apple threads the past days didn't last that long. Could be bot. We should make another one bumping to limit
>>
>>62191409 called it >>62191436, he literally just took that screenshot and renamed it to 15XXXXXX, lol
>>62191457
Do it
>>
>>62191514
>>62191514
>>62191514
>>62191514
>>62191514
>>
>>62191457
>>62191498

This is literally one unemployed person doing this. In the random times in the day I check /g/ at any hour, he's active.
>>
File: 1489584203089.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489584203089.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>62191637
>In the random times in the day I check /g/

You're not fooling anyone poojeet.
>>
>>62191006
unencrypted SMS
>>
File: IMG_2532.jpg (67KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2532.jpg
67KB, 2000x1200px
will iphone 8 be a meme or will it be the best phone ever

a lot of leak mockups are ugly
>>
>>62191821
How many planes will it blow up this time?
>>
File: 1498027726274.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1498027726274.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
feels good man
>>
>macs are for professionals, editing videos, making art, etc.! go back to windows for your gayming!
>proceeds to use his macbook as a facebook and youtube machine
>>
>>62193938
>>proceeds to use his macbook as a facebook and youtube machine
Versatility is the hallmark of the Mac.
>>
>>62194093
And retardation is a hallmark of Apple loyalists.
Explain to me why my $150 Thinkpad T420 is faster, more powerful, and more repairable than a $1500 MacBook? It even runs Hackintosh Sierra perfectly, the only advantage Apple has is the display.
>>
File: 1473464232680.jpg (333KB, 1750x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473464232680.jpg
333KB, 1750x960px
>>62194093
As long as the only things you need to do is facebook and youtube.
>>
>>62194153
Um, it's not? It also has no SSD.
>>
>>62194164
>used laptop vs new one
Is it literally the same person posting this image? Multiple people aren't this dumb right?
>>
File: 1477229671607.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1477229671607.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>62194221
>Multiple people aren't this dumb right?
>>
File: 1500647899137.gif (1MB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1500647899137.gif
1MB, 248x189px
>>62194221
Ignore the price and your fruit toy still gets destroyed, but please, continue to red herring like you have every time that image pops up. It's hilarious to watch your asspain, buyer's remores, and damage control.
>>
>>62194168
Yes it does have a 250GB SSD
>>
>>62175746
Hey buddy, I think you forgot what website you're on.
>>
File: Apple Special Event.png (146KB, 860x860px) Image search: [Google]
Apple Special Event.png
146KB, 860x860px
>>62175116
I'm excited.

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2017/
>>
>>62174462
Lurk more
>>
>>62186255
Some Carpenter Brut around here <3
>>
anyone get webms to work on safari without jumping through a shit ton of hoops?
>>
Why is Mac better for audio and video production tho?
>>
>>62175163
funny, im the other way around. after a decade of linux using i just decided to build an hackitosh so i could run macos.

apple is shit.. but macos is pretty very good, its linux without the bullshit.
>>
>>62195474
I just click them and they download, then I just watch and delete them after
>>
File: mfw.png (63KB, 416x225px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
63KB, 416x225px
>tfw still running iOS 9.3

Feels good man.
>>
I want to make an icloud email without an apple device. How do?
>>
>>62194221
Yes, it's the same person. He posts the same regurgitated, cherry picked memes comparing a used Dell Inspiron to a fully spec'd out MacBook Pro, in which, anyone buying would likely be intending on using Final Cut.
After that, he'll likely post another cherry picked battery life comparison. If that fails he'll probably post something about how "Apple is too poor to afford a time remaining indicator." Then he'll move on the shitpost about "MacToddlers" usually accompanied by the meme with Tatoo's on it and then he'll usually go out and search for negative headlines about Apple and just spam them in.
As a last ditch effort, he'll just shitpost "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO THE CEO OF APPLE IS" and shit post some random shit about gays. Quit replying to this faggot, if you're gonna get baited at least have it be good bait.
>>
>>62196209
Imagine being THIS assblasted. LMAO @URLYFE iTODDLER
>>
So i'm still rocking a 2013 MBA, and for the most part it's fine - though it is running a little warmer, and the battery life is significantly shorter. For the most part its fine. But i just keep looking at the new Pros thinking an upgrade would be nice.

On the other hand getting the batteries replaced, and maybe sorting out the thermal paste would be much cheaper.
>>
>>62195949
Apple has their own Pro apps like Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X that are only on macOS and they're used by a lot of Pros.
>>
File: 1503014548367.png (118KB, 301x522px) Image search: [Google]
1503014548367.png
118KB, 301x522px
>>62196446
"""""""""""""""""Pros"""""""""""""
>>
>>62196446
I dunno, i remember there was a mass exodus from Final Cut and Logic when a lot of people thought they had features cut, plugins lost support and other things. Lots more people using Adobe Premier now.

Though i don't keep up with that stuff, have they fixed FCP yet?
>>
File: 1502395080488.jpg (140KB, 954x608px) Image search: [Google]
1502395080488.jpg
140KB, 954x608px
>>62196521
>>
>>62196521
Contrary to the shitposter's copypasta memes, Final Cut Pro is fine for what 90% of people who'd be buying a MacBook Pro for, non-sophisticated, high-quality edits. It's quite hilarious because Casey Neistat channel is literally just long footage cut up into smaller pieces. Not to mention Casey is one of the most adamant Hillary supporters I can recall, yet the shitposter will gladly take his word as gospel, when it fits his narrative. Final Cut is perfectly fine for most "YouTubers" and Vloggers.
>>
File: 1476173903042.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476173903042.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>62196615
>Final Cut is perfectly fine for most "YouTubers" and Vloggers.

>"YouTubers" and Vloggers.
>"""""""""""""""""""""Pros"""""""""""""""""
>>
>>62196615
>Final Cut is perfectly fine for most "YouTubers" and Vloggers.

I think iMovie is enough for most of them.
>>
>>62174450

Why does my icloud behave like that?
I would prefer it to sync my documents folder online rather than creating a virtual folder with nothing in it except some random steam game files. I tinkered with the settings a lot but i cant seem to get it right.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.