[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gopher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Gopher2.jpg (246KB, 860x574px) Image search: [Google]
Gopher2.jpg
246KB, 860x574px
The web is lost. Fall back to the warm bosom of Gopher.

Feel the comforting embrace of plaintext and enforced hierarchy.
>>
fuck anime
>>
You cannot go back to gopher, but you may be lucky to eventually get to Urbit
>>
Gopher would have eventually became the same as HTTP if it was adopted as the standard.
>>
>>62169782
>You cannot go back to gopher
[citation needed]

> but you may be lucky to eventually get to Urbit
If it's anything like Gopher's simplicity I'll be happy.
>>
The web is lost. Move towards the glory of a fully distributed web with IPFS.

Feel the comforting feeling of your files being fetched from the closest nodes by the hash of their content instead of an address that may end up becoming unresolvable.

Use plaintext if you feel like it, use HTML if you don't, it doesn't matter.
/ipfs/Qme1E1K2wrhhdM82vZgVEw8PpnCYNeZYmrFcuHnUrrfhNh
>>
>>62169982
>If it's anything like Gopher's simplicity I'll be happy.
Gopher is only simple if you don't count the complexity of C, Unix and sockets. Urbit is simple in the sense that it rips out the whole Unix stack and replaces each part with something simpler.
>>
>>62170178
You make it sound more like an OS than an transfer protocol.
>>
>>62169451
Are there any -chan boards on Gopher? Understandably they'd be more boring since plaintext only but I want to shitpost from DOS.
>>
>>62170551
You'd be better to use a traditional BBS.
>>
>>62170568
Much more likely to quickly get banned for shitposting there. The culture isn't right.
>>
>>62170582
>he likes shitposting
>>
What about usenet?
>>
Am a fan, but all the interesting groups are dead, and all the spammy spergy ones are, well, full of spergs and spam.
>>
>>62170551
Can you even make the sort of form you need for a board in Gopher? I think you can't.
>>
>>62171298
There's a gopher-based chan board implementation but I'm too dumb to host it/use it.
https://github.com/ohrite/gopherchan
>>
>>62171298
I've seen attempts, but they're always kinda crummy, because they try to mirror the thread structure of a chan, rather than the linier nature of a BBS, which would be far easier to visually understand.
>>
http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?gopher://gopher.floodgap.com:70/1/new

there are some chans in there.
>>
i2p tho
>>
>>62172254
what about it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.