[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Firefox still much slower / less responsive than Chromium?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

is Firefox still much slower / less responsive than Chromium? I want to move away from Google, but not at the cost of speed.
>>
ungoogled chromium
>>
try vivaldi
>>
>>62168500
It's a myth. Please continue using Firefox.
>>
>>62168500
Chromium = fast the first time and for a couple of weeks till it gets slower by time as more files are stored
Firefox = fast the first time and then you customize it and use it for a while and it gets a little slower but it doesn't get slower than that even without cleaning for 1 month
>>
>>62168574
>>62168584
OP here. actually, this has been from my experience (at least on Windows). Firefox runs decently, but noticeably more sluggish than Chromium even without addons, last time I tried.
>>
>>62168500
Not for me. If you have 64bit with multi thread enabled it's just as fast as chromium.
>>
>>62168959
faster*
>>
>>62168500
Did you try the nightly? I ditched Chrome because Google fires engineers for truth, FF ESR and FF55 are noticeably feel slower after Chrome, FF57 is surprisingly fast and eats much less CPU.
>>
>>62168749
>even without addons
Feel faster WITH extensions for me.
Namely uMatrix and uBlock Origin to keep shit from loading.
>>
>>62168959
This is sadly a lie. I have Firefox 64 with multi-thread enabled and it performs poorly.

Run a test, compare with other browsers and see for yourself. http://browserbench.org/Speedometer/

lol j/k you won't because you're a Firefox shill.
>>
File: Pajeet.jpg (22KB, 326x310px) Image search: [Google]
Pajeet.jpg
22KB, 326x310px
>>62169144
>Google fires engineers for truth
Outing yourself as a pajeet in 5 words, well done.
>>
>>62169166
>uMatrix and uBlock Origin
>assuming every user is a neet who enjoys seeing only text on the web.
>>
>>62169179
I did, they were nearly identical. Now fuck off you lying chrome shill.
>>
People in this thread seem to be talking about two different things. When I say Firefox is sluggish in comparison to Chromium, I'm talking about it's application interface. I've tried on numerous machines, and Chromium is always snappier and more responsive. I am not talking about page loading.
>>
>>62169144

mozilla fired their CEO for donating 5k on an anti-abortion group, it doenst get much worse than that
>>
>>62168500
or even better use links2
>>
>>62169144
>firefox shill
Sorry, I don't use unstable and buggy browsers meant for developer testing
>>
>>62168500
Wait for a few versions, they are transitioning to the new extensions model. Nightly without extensions is blazing fast, I used sites with infinite pages as a benchmark. Haven't checked how it fares with lots of tabs though.
>>
>>62169180
I'm white.
https://twitter.com/Fired4Truth

>>62169255
I was talking to the OP, not to you, filthy gentile, I don't care what are you using.
>>
>>62168500
This is retarded, leave /g/ and go back to whence you came. The fractions of a second you use loading the worthless drivel you want to read from one browser to the next is wholly meaningless in the scope of life, and in discussions of technology. Things like expandability, privacy, compatibility, customization, and use are technology, the speed is a worthless benchmark.
>>
>>62168500
Try Opera free vpn and they dont fire CEOs because they like traditonal families
>>
>>62169235
true it would be like supporting Satans browser
>>
>>62169235
I don't care about CEOs. They always have shitloads of money and can find a shekellion job anyway.

The engineer fired because of a memo is another story.
>>
>>62169235
Furthermore, if you try to analyse pro abortion activities, you'll find that the vast majority of women wanting abortions are white master race women and no shitskins wanting abortions.
>>
>>62169197
You don't need to go full paranoia mode. Just block known frames and shit. And the filter lists with known shit of course.
>>
>>62169197
>has ADHD and can only browse websites with lots of colors and visual effects
>>
what is the best browser that isnt part of the googlenet?
>>
>>62169555
Opera it china bot net so
>>
>>62169555
WATERFOX
>>
>>62169231
This. But also anything that deals with lots JavaScript is a pain Firefox. Some sites are nearly unusable in Firefox!
>>
File: webextensions.png (940KB, 2006x2612px) Image search: [Google]
webextensions.png
940KB, 2006x2612px
>>62168500
Nightly or wait until the end of November, when FF 57 is released
>inb4 crippleware
Pic is for brainlets that think that with FF 57 every will go to shit
>>
>>62168500
Not Nightly with Servo enabled
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.