[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone redpill me on NextCloud? I'm trying to de-google

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Nextcloud_Logo.svg.png (52KB, 1200x851px) Image search: [Google]
Nextcloud_Logo.svg.png
52KB, 1200x851px
Can someone redpill me on NextCloud? I'm trying to de-google myself and my main concern right now is having a way to sync my contacts and calendars. It's basically my last hurdle.

What do I need for it, and what's everyone's experiences like with it?
>>
Works great. For calendar/contact sync use davdroid on your de-googled android.
>>
>>62161915
A server with ~ 1gb of ram, a valid domain and letsencrypt (if you want the desktop client to work)
On your phone, you need davdroid (is on f-droid) to connect contacts and calendar, everything is pretty straight forward.

As for experiences with it:
It works great for small files, but if you change them a lot, pause the sync and then turn it on when you are done working or you will use a ton of data and all your other devices freak out.
Say you are editing a 10gb video file, you might find that you need to reupload that several times when you make changes.
>>
>>62161948
The client works perfectly fine without a domain and self signed certificates.
>>
>>62161943
>>62161948

Thanks for the responses guys. On another side, do you know of an email provider that syncs contacts and calendars that's not Goolag or Outgook?
>>
>>62162105
Okay, It didn't when I started to use it, maybe they fixed that.

>>62162336
You can use mail in a box, it covers all the things
>>
>>62162531
>You can use mail in a box, it covers all the things
wat
>>
>>62162583
https://mailinabox.email/
it has postfix for email, nextcloud for files, contacts and calendar and roundcube for web mail.
It is an easy way to setup your server
>>
>>62162621
>https://mailinabox.email/
oh thanks guy, I'll look into this

Also is Yahoo botnet? Or are they so irrelevant that it doesn't matter these days
>>
>>62162621
Neato
Can I install this on an existing Nextcloud server?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.