[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard you guys like Code of Conducts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1496851633607.png (114KB, 1843x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1496851633607.png
114KB, 1843x1129px
I heard you guys like Code of Conducts
>>
File: 1500783242171.png (39KB, 775x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500783242171.png
39KB, 775x336px
>>
>>62161547
thats why you dont want SJW, faggots, transfestites and women in programming
>>
>>62161547
My code of conduct is: don't be an asshole.

Trouble is, almost everyone in FOSS fails that test spectacularly. Most people on /g/, too. Y'all some salty motherfuckers. Contributing to open source attracts all the assholes around it. Last time I do you people any favors.
>>
>>62161616
>don't be an asshole
>muh subjectivity
>muh sensibilities
>muh morality
wow what a great test for a global internet crowdsourcing clusterfuck
>>
>>62161547
>Code of Conducts
As weapon to doxxing and destroy people don't like you,collect database about private life and use to blackmail time somebody don't like you,use to put youself in team leader in organization.

CoC becomes toxic
>>
>>62161616
Good, we don't want your shitty code, pansy. Every great mind in tech is a huge asshole. Fucking deal with it.
>>
File: 1493124937527.jpg (77KB, 605x685px) Image search: [Google]
1493124937527.jpg
77KB, 605x685px
>>62161616
>he expected 4chan to pass, of all places
>>
can I get a quick rundown, /g/entoomen?
>>
>>62162018
Lurk more
Or fucking read the coc.
>>
>>62161547
>Code of Conducts

That should be "Codes of Conduct".
It's just like "Attorneys General," or "Basins of Attraction."
I am beginning to fear that 4chan is losing its reputation for a high degree of literary education, achievement and scholarship.
>>
>>62161616
You talk like a spook. Stop it.
>>
File: 1501012794772.png (170KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501012794772.png
170KB, 367x500px
>>62162364
>code of conducts and codes of conduct refer to the same thing

I am beginning to fear that 4chan is losing its reputation for a high degree of literary education, achievement and scholarship.
>>
>>62161547
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>62162553
The real life foZenvOid?

There's something to be said about these people pushing for inclusion that has people so scared of them that they can only debate anonymously. I mean I wouldn't even dare respond in the reddit thread for fear of being exposed by these insane witch hunters. They're only inclusive if you agree with them. They can't even begin to set the hipocracy. I work for an sjw company too so if i publicly disagreed with their tactics I guaranteed I'd get fired.

I have cancer and cannot be without my insurance, plus I have a family to worry about. They have effectively silenced my dissenting opinion. How can they not understand how fucked up it is? "But you're privileged because you're a white male so fuck you".
>>
>>62162976

Yeah, you are in a tough position and have to focus your energies on your own situation. Others who have less to lose need to push back hard. As far as silencing your dissent--that's what this is all about. It's a power grab in which they are trying to narrow the Overton window so that political and legal battles can only be fought on territory that is favorable for them. Dissent and freedom of speech are a direct threat to their power, so they are squelching it hard. I think the degree of freedom of expression people will have in the future depends on the outcome of these and other related fights.
>>
>>62163452
the only people who can speak up are those who are willing to become professional martyrs
>>
>>62163731
It's the truth. They'll call you out for being an anonymous coward if you don't say who you are and say your opinion is invalid, just like maybekatz did to the guy that opened the Ashley Williams GitHub issue.
>>
Code of Conduct Fiasco in Node.JS is nothing but a political issue. The truth behind all this fiasco is that some members just want more power. They use the CoC as an excuse to push their own agendas. They do not want improve Node.JS code in any way, just their own egos. This will be another forgotten fork on the list.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.