[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GPD Pocket General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 1.jpg (107KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
107KB, 1200x900px
/ourmachine/
>>
who?
never heard of her
>>
File: stallman.jpg (105KB, 927x717px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
105KB, 927x717px
>>62161376

Where can one acquire the version with GNU/Linux preinstalled?
>>
>>62161376
Imagine if the keyboard wasn't islanded, how much more space it would have for something realistic.
>>
how good are these things ?
Resolution? Can I use RDP on it, and have a 1080p session scaled down to whatever res the screen has?
Looks kind of cool.
>>
File: DIWNQozWAAAQlXU.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DIWNQozWAAAQlXU.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>>62161428
You can buy the ubuntu one but iirc it's more expensive than the windows version? Maybe someone in another thread was just memeing
>>
>>62161476

1920×1200 IPS screen

That should be plenty sharp; it will just be small.
>>
>>62161476
they're cute as fuck but there aren't many use cases for them that couldn't be handled by a tablet/phone with a keyboard.
>too small for real typing
>only big enough for light browsing
>too weak for games or editing even if you don't mind the screen size
>keyboard is always attached, portrait reading would be awkward as hell
still look neat as fuck.
I think the main use case would be taking notes, if I was still at uni I'd consider it for that.
>>
>>62161376
Further proof that Gearbest has heavy marketing on here. GPD and Xiaomi shit are shilled so much here.
>>
>>62161487

Where is the Ubuntu version for sale?
>>
>>62161526
Stanford or MIT?
>>
Ubuntu? UBUNTU? You fucking nigger, you're not one of us.

Die, just die.
>>
>>62161526

You'd have a hard time capturing even the barest of bare-bones shorthand notes with that tiny keyboard.
>>
>>62161555

The point is to get it without contributing to Microsoft. One can then install debian, OpenBSD, whatever...
>>
>>62161568
>debian
You just keep digging the hole deeper, you fucking nigger.
>>
>>62161536
GPD feels like it could definitely have shills since they're such niche products and posters talk about them like they're perfect
>no dude it can totally play Overwatch at 20fps low 640p, GPD win is a real portable gaming PC!

Xiaomi is the 3rd biggest phone manufacturer, not some startup making stuff through kickstarter. They make genuinely good shit, not just for the price but in general.
I had to laugh when people complain about all their problems with their new iphone or samsung note while the cheapskate redmeme is near perfect for a fraction of the price.
Still I guess Gearbest could viral market them here, they don't need the manufacturer's approval.
>>
>>62161582
Gearbest does so many sponsored Youtube videos. I'm surprised they can afford to hand out these Pockets to hundreds of Youtubers with less than 5000 average views.
>>
>>62161595
This thing costs $500

It doesn't even cost $100 to make, the hardware is that lowend.
They can hand out however much they want
>>
>>62161537
I think they were sent out to the crowdfunding backers but arent up for sale yet.

but there's other shit https://apt.nexus511.net/

>>62161536
>>62161582
>talk about them like they are perfect
>literally no one says anything about them here besides "might b kool but 2 expensive"

Might surprise you, but not every post that isn't shitting on something has viral marketing dollars behind it.
>>
>>62161595
there's probably no real gatekeeping happening.
there will be some dirt-poor chink who has 5 different online roles for the seller who has to look at every youtube channel requesting an endorsement, like he gives a fuck.
They make it so easy to request it going so far as to advertise it on the consumer end of the site, you just know they're not regulating their requests.

Even so they wouldn't keep it up if it wasn't profitable, if not for viral marketers GPD would have hardly any recognition at all.
The big tech youtubers didn't touch the brand until way late in the game.
>>
Ashens recently did a review of the GPD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-wdlzYpYPI&t=0s
>>
Stop shilling

It's super obvious, for the longest time they used the generic picture and the same text.

Now they have a advanced a bit, but don't fall for these shills
>>
>>62161649
Delusional lmao

>>62161636
"review"
>>
>>62161623
we're talking about people who are taking the brand balls-deep.
there's one specific poster on /v/ who has made many near identical threads calling the GPD win perfect for modern PC gaming and listing off titles that barely hit 20fps at absolute minimum settings.

I myself think these things are "neat", that's not the conversation though.
We all like the concept, the shills are the ones who are acting like these products are ideal for applications they simply are not.
>>
>>62161676
>We all like the concept, the shills are the ones who are acting like these products are ideal for applications they simply are not.

Who is making posts like these? Maybe 50% of posts are "cool but scam price" and the other are "shill lmao" I've yet to read any strong praise of this product here.

If you're talking about youtube people praising it for gaming or whatever then that's one thing but no one is getting paid to make these lukewarm /g/ posts
>>
>>62161713
Did you not see that they make a post like OPs like every day? It's not lukewarm, it's very much praising it.

Yeah, sometimes theres a guy defending it, sometimes not.
>>
>>62161784
A /g/ "our" meme is "very much praise"?

lol
>>
>>62161376
Is that.. Ubuntu ? Canonical is no better then Microsoft in fact you are helping a future Microsoft grow ..
>>
>>62161487
it's hard to install openBSD on it ?
>>
these things are great for snapchat, just take a dick pic with your cock draped over the keyboard and get flooded with messages.
>>
File: t90chi.jpg (144KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
t90chi.jpg
144KB, 1200x675px
the Pocket is overpriced. Just get the T90 chi for about $250
>>
Fuck off Zhang. Jesus, you mention you like something already popular here which doesn't need obscure customers and you're called a shill, yet endless threads of this little $600 toy from some kikstarter bullshit and no one says a word. They can't afford advertising, look at their fucking literature.

They come here because its free and there's no accounts and virtually no moderation but still with a decent-ish amount of their target users. These forced "le /\/\ourthingxDDD/\/\/" redditery cuntworks threads should be deleted immediately.
>>
>>62161851
>no nipple
literally unusable
>>
>>62161806
No idea

https://twitter.com/_Sn0rkY/status/902282719958372354

>>62161851
Whoa this looks cool. Link.

I mean uhh fuck you shill

>>62161861
>>>/x/
>>
>>62161885
ooOOooOOooO a company with no cash money advertising on to their very specific target customers who just happen to mostly congregate here with no repercussions from the site is a conspiracy theory WwooOOoOOOOOO

Neck yourself.
>>
>>62161851
no finger mouse.

You miss the fucking point anon
>>
>>62161885
here you go anon
http://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001002935283/
http://amzn.asia/j8Ue7jx
>>
File: IMG_20170830_092223.jpg (2MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170830_092223.jpg
2MB, 4640x3480px
pretty comfy.

Installed Ubuntu 17.04 on mine yesterday using https://github.com/nexus511/gpd-ubuntu-packages
>>
>>62161557
/g/ must have retarded gorilla hands.
>>
/paidshill/
>>
>>62161920
>this delusional and mad

Neck yourself. PS I got paid $4 to make this post!!!
>>
>>62161376
I'm an old man, what is this?
>>
>>62162009
why are the bars on the side of the screen so huge?
Does it bother you when you use it in person?
>>
>>62162194

It's essentially an off the shelf mobile phone/tablet screen, so it was probably cheaper to just have a huge bezel.

To be honest I got this for free to review (it's a T1 prototype rather than the final model, note the keyboard), and it's not great.

The screen is readable, but the keyboard is trash.
>>
>>62161487
They were the same price on indiegogo.
>>
>As you may know, I have got a new computer - the brand new GPD Pocket laptop.
>It has quad-core Atom processor and it runs the Ubuntu with the Unity. I
>thought that it should not have the same problem which my Intel Compute Stick
>has - freezing of the whole GUI when one application (the Firefox) it too busy.
>It's not complete freezing but the reactions of WHOLE Unity are extremely slow.
>
>I hoped that it's a specific issue of the Stick which has limited RAM (just one
>GB). The Pocket has 8 (eight!) GB and it's behavior is almost the same.
>
>So I now running my old SGI O2. Yes, it is much slower (it's from 1998 and even
>it it's day it wasn't the fastest desktop available) and I have no such issues:
>there is one big computation running, several other apps are opened (the QCAD,
>teh Netscape, some gVim windows and so) and I still have working audio and a
>GUI without freezing. So what is wrong with modern low-end machines?
>>
>>62161376
kys asapi, take your fisherprice shit back to redit
>>
>>62162717
Sounds like the problem is Firecucks. I have freezing issues on multiple Linux boxes of different age and performance, but not all of them.
>>
>>62162717

SGI should have GPLed IRIX and merged with Sun--maybe even preventing Sun's death/colonization by Oracle.
>>
>>62162965
hmm...is this what it feels like..to be owned..?
>>
>>62161487
>it can run openbsd
oh shit now THIS is tempting
>>
>>62162717
I could spend £50 and get a Tosh NB200 that wont be able to run Firefox.
>>
>>62162162
Nowadays naked ladies can be easily seen though electronic devices like this. The age of masturbating to nude lady magazines are over. It's very easy on hands and light weight enough.
>>
>>62164039
My dad has a calendar by a car parts company in his basement/workshop. It's stuck in 2010 (September, I believe), and he doesn't mod cars at all. Those were just the two whoriest plastic blond naked slags with hairless pussies he could find. Before that he had Samantha Fox and her huge tits there for twenty-something years.

Pin-up calendars are literally the anime girl desktops of old people.
>>
>>62164155
Do you have a pic?
>>
>>62164155
No, I tried looking up the calendar on line, or at least the names of the whores but no luck.
>>
Anyone in AU get one of these?

What plug did it come with and do you just use a US>AU adapter?
>>
>>62164390
wait it just has a 5v smartphone charger included?

noice, thats way easier than i thought.
>>
>>62162009
Do you think it was worth the price tag?
>>
File: IMG_1759.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1759.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>62161376
Memes and shitposting aside I'm really happy with my purchase.

The keyboard is a little awkward but you can adjust to it, I can play CSS and a few other games in my steam library, I've managed to get around 6-8 hours of battery life with use throughout the day inconsistently.

Didn't really buy this because of muh micro gaming machine, just travel about a lot and wanted something really portable, it satisfies that requirement.
>>
>>62161582
>no dude it can totally play Overwatch at 20fps low 640p, GPD win is a real portable gaming PC!
Never heard such shit. Also dosen't Overwatch run at stable 30 FPS?
GPD also NEVER said it's going to run new games.
>>
>>62161676
>there's one specific poster on /v/ who has made many near identical threads calling the GPD win perfect for modern PC gaming and listing off titles that barely hit 20fps at absolute minimum settings.
Posts links.
Never seen such shit that someone with a GPD Win calls 20 FPS okay.

But, it _literary_ is the perfect PC gaming handheld, only for the sole reason there doesn't exist a better one. I highly doubt though someone would say it runs modern titles.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.