[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fag/ - Friendly Apple General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: apple.png (10KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
10KB, 302x302px
Discuss about apple here!
>>
I like to watch SJW vlog on my macbook pro
>>
/fag/

I will confess to releasing an audible chuckle
>>
months since I got my macbook and I'm still not over how awesome it is

when will the honeymoon period end or is this just forever
>>
>>62157073
You got pozzed too?
>>
>>62157073
Similar feel here. I got the 2017 iPad a few weeks ago; it's supposed to be a piece of shit with a terrible screen, and the same SOC as the iPhone 6s, but it looks great to me and runs smoother than I would have even hoped for.

I got the 32GB model, but I have a moderately large music library, about 80GB, so I thought I'd give iTunes match a try; not knowing what to expect: it matched or uploaded literally every single track in my library (except a couple bootleg johnny cash tracks that were too low bitrate, literally 8kbps), and organised everything automatically. So I'm paying $25/year to store 80GB of music in the cloud and stream as much as I want.... I can't believe there isn't a catch. All of my iCloud music library just shows up in the standard music app as though it's there locally; and even integrates with Siri... I can't believe there isn't a catch.
>>
>get iPhone 6 when it comes out
>love it
>battery starts to go bad after about 2 years, right after extended warranty expires
>pick up Apple brand "smart battery case"
>it's fuck ugly but works really well, now I easily get 1.5-2 days off a single charge
>sitting here with almost 3-year old phone
>still fast
>still supported

I'm content.
>>
>>62157454
>ishit
>past 1 year
>fast

Good joke.
>>
>>62157475
I don't know what to tell you man, if I had another device with which I could record video, I'd demonstrate, but I don't.

It's still fast, and animations are still smooth, running 10.3.3
>>
>>62157541
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Sanjay.
>>
File: 1478832208789.jpg (180KB, 573x729px) Image search: [Google]
1478832208789.jpg
180KB, 573x729px
>>62157556
>>
Redpill me :

XPS 13 QHD vs Macbook Pro 13 no Touchbar (same specs)
>>
>>62157335
I am getting an iPhone soon entirely for the cloud integration with my Mac. It's insane how good the cloud is on Apple's ecosystem.

Like with iPhone presumably I can just set a date on the calendar, take a photo, etc on my phone and it will just show up on my mac automatically. You can technically organize this with other cloud systems but I have yet to see anything that works so seamlessly and reliably. I think I once tried dropbox or something and it always felt "messy" for lack of a better term. You are dealing with a separate company, a third party app running etc.

You wouldn't even know a folder wasn't local unless you looked to check where it was on MacOS. It just appears as part of the OS most of the time. The system handles keeping a local copy for quick access and all that behind the scenes stuff without you noticing.

I can't wait to get optimized apps and god tier cloud integration, answer SMS messages from my mac etc.
>>
I changed the email associated with my apple ID and now I can't log in to install updates, what do
>>
>>62158118
what device? try icloud settings if its ios
>>
>>62158202
it's my macbook, I can log into the ID online but whenever I try to log in with the new email in the app store to download updates (both software and system) it just prompts me for my password in a loop
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>62158227
well apart from the usual shit like restarting, you could try changing other settings like in icloud settings, making sure the new email is showing up as the one you are using. In case it interfered with it somehow.

I did the same thing myself a while ago but don't remember any big problems.
>>
>>62157073
It just gets better and better.

Mac OS is just so comfy. Everything works and you have terminal when you need it. Everyone around knows that you have wisely spent your money on a premium product.
>>
who /highsierra/ here?
>>
File: 1457248995837.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
1457248995837.png
183KB, 386x406px
7 or 7 Plus?

Can't decide.
>>
File: 1483953706697.png (245KB, 407x503px) Image search: [Google]
1483953706697.png
245KB, 407x503px
>>62159859
>>62160469
>>62159610
>>
>>62159859
Not I.
Don't trust dem bugs, especially with such a low market share OS.
>>
>>62160469
neither if you intend to buy it now
>>
>>62159859
who /hackintosh/ /highsierra/ here?
>>
>>62160792
There will be a price drop after the new one.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (43KB, 630x334px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
43KB, 630x334px
>>62160469
is this the one without headphones jack? buy 6 lol... Apple designers are geniune retards
>>
>>62157001
I thought summer was over, newfag
>>
>>62160909
headphone jacks are a meme
>>
>>62160593
thanks for your opinion stallman, now fuck off while I use the best OS that only capitalism could achieve
>>
>>62157073
>>62157335
>>62158105
Yeah, iCloud services and integration is one of the main reasons I tend to stick within the Apple ecosystem. Being able to text to anyone via Messages on Mac is pretty neat anon, you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>62160469
Get the 7+. Bigger screen is very comfy compared to the regular 7.
>>
i want this external graphic card thingy, how'd i get it?
>>
>>62162303
The kit is $600 and you need to be a registered Apple Developer to order one.
>>
>>62156391
iOS master race here
how can droidplebs even compete?
>>
Congrats lads, I am thoroughly triggered. Fuck you for even pretending to like apple.
>>
>>62163514
>see a free course in swift programming from a company at my uni
>sign up for it
>they rented us free macbooks for the duration of the course
>do well and the lecturers notice me
>get an interview offer
>get hired as a junior iOS dev
>get the latest iPhone and MBP to develop with

I.... I'm not even an apple fag. Literally never owned a single apple product before this.
>>
>>62158095
macOS, better build quality and better design, if you're not interested in those don't bother.
>>
Chinkshitter and general anroider here, I have had to use my dad's old iphone 5 while waiting for a chink lcd replacement for my android. After figuring out how to use syncios to avoid having to use itunes, I have really come around to the platform. Default apps that don't suck. Unlike google who I dont like selling all my data I don't give a fuck if apple does it because their apps actually make my life easier unlike the shitty android equivalents.

It's coming time to upgrade my OS after my old install hdd got too full and Win7 too slow (work around W10 all day and hate it) Creators update is making me seriously consider the jump to Mac OS.

Is it worth it? Do I make an overnight conversion? Is Hackintosh any good?
>>
>>62164015
Forgot to mention, I'm mostly interested in editing raws in lightroom. I'l likely be keeping a W7 pc for gaming and VM work.
>>
>>62164015
There's a reason why Apple is the most profitable entity on the planet; simply everything just works.
>>
>>62163612
Notice how moving to apple products coincided with you becoming more successful.
>>
I've been using Sierra for 2 months now, loving it.

I've been distrohopping by years, and i finally feel comfortable with an OS, i might just stay here.

Any /g/ recommended programs? and yes, i've already checked the wiki.
>>
>>62158095
neither, osx does the best job at scaling to high resolutions, but it isnt even that good at it. if you do any real work that involves vm's or rdp the screen is literally useless on both devices

purchasing something that requires scaling to work with the resolution is a fucking dumb idea
>>
>>62164084
lol
memes aside they're good products but expensive as fuck
>>
You are not welcome on this board, at all
>>
>>62164214
>but expensive as fuck

And thats the only issue, but people overreact saying everything about Apple is bad
Funnily, ive never heard a single person who has actually owned an apple product saying they stopped using it because the product was bad.
The only bad thing about them is price/quality ratio, other than that everything is top notch
>>
>>62160923
>be fa/g/ for like 6 years
>get called new summer fav

You hurt ,y feelings anon
>>
>>62164250
>And thats the only issue
which is convenient for me cuz my company just buys their shit for me or else I can't work

i wish they made 15 inch models without the touch bar tho i feel it's a gimmick and i dislike not having tactile feedback on the function keys

i get how normies might not care though since they never use that row when browsing facebook
>>
>>62162303
so i pay the 100$ and get a dev and i am free to order this thing. or does this work?
>>
>>62162590
>>62164647
>>
>>62157335
The catch is that you bought 80Gb of music.
>>
Are there any older cheaper mac laptops worth purchasing? Preferably something comparable to a t230 thinkpad in terms of performance. I want /something/ mobile but im not sure what yet, so going through different options. I have no experience with macOS outside of using school computers years ago, but i remember it being pretty comfy
>>
I kinda want an apple tablet for the retina display but I need to know if I can get things like Ms office or Firefox or Photoshop to work on there problem free and if it's possible to easily use pirated software
>>
>/fag/
I ain't even mad. Great title.

Very nearly moved away from Apple after over a decade with them. Had Android phones for a couple of years, Thinkpad with Win10 for about a year... to be fair, Win10 is pretty good aside from the advertising and the telemetry minefield. But at the end of the day it just wasn't comfy, I'm spoiled. Returned and went FULL Apple - new MacBook Pro, new iPad, iPhone, Watch, the lot. Proper Apple splurge. I regret nothing. They're not as mindblowingly innovative as previous but still the best experience in my eyes.

It's all the "little things" like being able to remote start a hotspot while the phone's in my pocket or see what my (non Apple) bluetooth earbud batteries are at while they're still in my ears - lots and lots of ridiculously trivial things that nevertheless add up to a great experience.

That and I like how they do everything with security and power saving in mind.

They're not perfect but I've learned to stick with what I knew felt right last time, and also the "buy cheap buy twice" philosophy (which bit me on the arse a few times with Android stuff)
>>
Who iOS11 here?
Does the new Files app allow connection to a remote server via SMB?
Hope it'll sync tags too...
>>
cant wait for the announcement of iphone 8, i wonder what kind of new shit they will provide this time
>dual camera lens
droidfag is doing the same
>remove headset port
>embeded touch id in screen

who is copying who now, come on apple!
>>
>>62156391
>updated from mavericks to yosemite
>broken shit until .5
>updated from yosemite to el capitan
>broken shit until .5
>didn't buy into Sierra
Is it safe to upgrade now? Since I do work on this machine I can't have it failing on me. Or should I just stick to el capitan since nothing is actually broken.
>>
>>62164776
there is the MacBook Pro 2012, non retina versions which is comparable. You can even replace ram, hdd and battery yourself.
>>
File: 1480353925955.jpg (194KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1480353925955.jpg
194KB, 988x802px
>>62164776
>macshit
>worth purchasing
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.