[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So BitChute is a peer 2 peer alternative to youtube. But anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1504035776972.png (399KB, 1162x888px) Image search: [Google]
1504035776972.png
399KB, 1162x888px
So BitChute is a peer 2 peer alternative to youtube.

But anon said that because of the nature of peer 2 peer connections, the other side will be able to see your IP address.
Is this true? Is BitChute a meme?
>>
>front page
>all trump, pepe, etc garbage

wow epic, take that google!
>>
>>62155306
The other side doesn't need to see your IP in a p2p system - but mostly it does.

And so what? It's not like every single person who uses BitTorrent gets a visit from the Police either.

It I guess would be possible to use onion routing for BitChute and but think about the added latency. Do you want to go to some video site and click the video you want to play and wait an hour for it to buffer enough to start viewing it?

>>62155349
Cat videos won't appear until cat videos are censored.

Think of BitChute as a measurement of free speech at Google, it's essentially an overview of what kind of content isn't allowed there.
>>
>>62155349
>front page of YT
>all trump, PewDiePie, John Oliver, etc garbage
wow epic, take that Bitchute!
>>
>Single eyebrow raised
>Smirk

Can right-wing people stop using these as profile pictures please, it's become an embarrassing meme
>>
>>62156763
You're an embarrassing meme.
>>
well no, they can have intermediate nodes in the p2p network to obscure your IP.

I wouldn't bother doing that though, too costly.

I wouldn't try to re-implement youtube as p2p anyway though, it won't work at youtube scale.
>>
>>62155306
I'm not sure how it works exactly, how do you get turned into a seeder by bitchute/webtorrent? Is it storing the videos in a temp folder in your browser? Do you only seed a video while watching said video?

Also how will bitchute enforce taking videos down that contain illegal shit that could kill the site?
>>
>>62155306
So i want to add to that question....since it's p2p
if some fag desides to upload illegal shit does it automatically make you responsible since p2p and all?
>>
>>62157609
That's why I THINK/hope how it works is, bitchute can take down videos, just like a torrent tracker can drop a torrent, and you only seed a video you are watching and have buffered.

So that when nobody is watching video X, the first person who begins watching is, is downloading from bitchute (or YT if the video is referenced from there).

But if someone begins watching the video after that first person, the first person seeds parts of the video they have seen, until that first person ceases to have the video open in their browser.

In other words the P2P network only becomes active when people swarm a video and view it at the same time; thus alleviating the strain on bitchute's server.

This is totally my speculation though. Because otherwise I dont know how it works, people's HDD would fill up or the browsers cache would over flow if bitchute actually tried to host everything on their users.
>>
gesundheit
>>
>>62157719
i would guess it works as an basic limited space queue.
It downloads video fragments (they are fragments i checked) and puts them to the back of the queue to be seeded to others and while removing the front fragment in order minimize impact on the users. At least that would be the logical thing to do
>>
more liek bitshit amirite
>>
>>62157829
Right but which videos go to who? Are users seeding videos they've never seen? Until when? There's got to be a way to control what you will or wont seed or its anarchy
>>
>>62157934
well you can't see something you dont have downloaded first, so you must watch a video first and then you seed that, at least i hope.
Unless they distribute the content to random users acording to the seeding need of the service at that particular moment.
A wireshark test might get us the answers we want. Def worth investigating
>>
>>62158044
can't seed*
>>
>>62155349
This.

>>62155371
>Cat videos won't appear until cat videos are censored.
And this.

YouTube has a monopoly on cat videos, therefore a monopoly over the world.
>>
>>62155306
>I can get things shipped to my house
>BUT OH NO, THEY WILL KNOW MY ADDRESS!!!! IT'S SHIT.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>62158044
Anybody who know's what they're doing with wireshark can look into this?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.