[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

systemd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: lennart_1.jpg (40KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
lennart_1.jpg
40KB, 500x320px
Did you take the blue pill yet?
>>
botnet
>>
>>62155124
this little faggot is pushing me to void linux and bsd
>>
over 99 percent of /g/ can only regurgitate what somebody they percieve as smart has said was "wrong" with systemd
>>
>>62155829
systemd runs too many unnecessary things as root. geee what a (((cohencidence))) that it was somehow FORCED into every mainstream distro. this cuck is a piece of shit. also pulseaudio belongs in a trash can.
>>
>>62155829
Can you please fuck off and continue ignoring bugs like you usually do when you're not shilling your shitty userland takeover tool here?
>>
>>62155124
Yes.
>>
>>62155883
I'm not a programmer or someone qualified to sift through source code and tell you whether or not it's malicious, but I'm perceptive enough to tell that the vocal anti-systemd screenfetch pedos on /g/ know LESS about it than the developers who work on Ubuntu, Red Hat etc
>>
>>62156212
woah there save some of those blue pills for the rest of us guy
>>
>>62156276
yeah, /g/ knows more than Red Hat devs about how Linux works, you got me I'm super bluepilled owo
>>
>>62156308
yeah all of the heated debates and devs that quit contributing to projects in the aftermath didn't really happen. bend over and take your Red Dick OS fgt
>>
>>62155124
im sitting comfy with my number starting name
>>
I ironically cry on 4chan how systemd is a botnet but i'm using void linux not for the systemd free system but because the logo is dope.
>>
>>62156212
>I'm not a programmer or someone qualified to sift through source code and tell you whether or not it's malicious
no shit
>I just participate in fanbase wars like sports teams because I'm a nigger
You're a disinfo spreading fucking kike and I would fucking scalp you if I found you,
>>
File: 1496707924626.png (390KB, 566x1977px) Image search: [Google]
1496707924626.png
390KB, 566x1977px
>>62155124
>using anything made by poettering
shiggy diggy
>>
>>62155829
A lot of the summaries that those anons have read are actually written by knowledgeable people though. There is a ton wrong with systemd and it's not just limited to the fact that it adds a huge security hole in PID 1.
>>
>>62157134
Most of the community is actually pretty good. People only get mad at you if you are too lazy to google shit or you do something incredibly stupid. The reason Poettering thinks the community is so bad is because he makes shit software that pisses people off then has daddy red hat shove his shitware down other peoples throats. Also it's funny he should call Linus bad because Linus usually only complains when people want to implement stupid things into the kernel or do other stupid shit, while Poettering throws a hissy fit half the time people file bugs on systemd and then goes on a tirade about how the big bad security community is out to get him when people file CVEs for bugs in his software that runs as the most privileged program on the system.
>>
>>62156212
The developers at red hat have a vested interest in pushing systemd (and other shit they make) because it leads to more people getting red hat support contracts because they are the first ones to support it. It's red hats business strategy, they implement and create new technologies quickly so they are the exclusive supporters of that software.
>>
>>62155124

Negative. Slackware 4 Life, zaggin.
>>
>>62156335
NOT A BUG
>>
>>62155124
install CP/M
>>
>>62155829
>Bugs
>OpenRC does it better
>Breaks POSIX
>Does too much (HTTP, DNS resolve)
>Vendor Lock in (eg. Gnome)
>pushed by Redhat and GNOME
Quick rundown because I'm tired of posting the full pasta.
>>
>>62157558
NeXTSTEP doesn't have this problem
>>
torch carriers of Linux have all adopted systemd. All you babies crying in this thread, do us a favor and shut the fuck up and just keep using what the actual smart people have developed. If you don't want systemd, you might have 5 or 6 years left with some obscure shit. If you haven't killed yourself or gone to prison for being a chomo then, you can either take the d or you can switch to Windows or macOS and literally nobody gives a shit
>>
>>62158900
Ok Lennart. In all seriousness though, popular distros switching to systemd doesn't automatically make it good. Your entire argument is centered on appealing to popularity and authority. Also a large reason why people use GNU/Linux is for its technnical superiority and freedom of choice. systemd provides neither of those things. While systemd may be better than sysvinit (it certainly is faster, but better is debatable) it is not better than other init systems like runit or openrc. The technical problem with systemd is that it does more than init, even the systemd developers call systemd "a suite of basic building blocks for a Linux system". systemd wants to handle hostnames, network connections, logging in, dns resolution and probably more with a good junk of it running in PID 1 (the most privileged process on the system, which takes the whole system down if it crashes). It is a huge project that wants to shove everything under the sun into PID 1 so that frontend devs have a single library they can pull in to do all their shit. This is a huge security risk and is clearly technically inferior to a smaller, more secure and efficient init system like runit or openrc. Also thanks to systemd's absorbed functionality tons of packages now depend on it which makes it even harder to choose a different init system.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.