[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to give mozilla meme forks an honest chance >update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1502873730950s.jpg (7KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502873730950s.jpg
7KB, 242x250px
>try to give mozilla meme forks an honest chance
>update and immediately my add-ons are no longer supported
>"just use this less secure older version"
>"just use firefox anon"
>"use this placebo waterfox anon"
>"use this broken slow as fuck palemoon, anon"

Literally any other browser in 2017 can block ads without installing the corporate botnetted version or autism legacy ware 1902.3892
>>
What makes you think I care about you and your browser, anon?
>>
>>62154162
>"use this broken slow as fuck palemoon, anon"
works on my machine :^)
>>
>>62154162
Use GNU Icecat anon
>>
>>62154162
nonbotnet browser for tech iliterate? nope, go brave
>>
is there something wrong with ublock origin for firefox?
>>
File: 1494071724945.jpg (166KB, 1240x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494071724945.jpg
166KB, 1240x1280px
>>62154162
OP you are subhuman not because I care about your thread but because only the niggest of nogs would save such a low quality image
>>
So I've been using Google Chrome for basically all my life, and it's comfy and I like it. However, Firefox is what all the talk is about these days.

Is Waterfox a meme?
Is Icecat a meme?

I tried Palemoon but I'm not sure I want to support a furry faggot that has an extension blocklist.

What about "ungoogled" chromium derivatives? Can they really be trusted to be "safe?"

I feel like there are so many choices but at the same time so very few because of security issues.
>>
>>62158638
GNU Icecat is good actually
>>
File: 1501890232231.jpg (36KB, 376x369px) Image search: [Google]
1501890232231.jpg
36KB, 376x369px
>>62154162
I would suggest Brave. But it have some GUI related problems. (Mostly with bookmarks)

If u don't want use it, just use Firefox ESR.
>>
>>62158638
No WaterFox is not a meme. It's a Firefox fork that removes alot of Mozilla's bullshit and dev is continuing legacy addon support after v57.

I'm using it right now
>>
>>62158638
ungoogled chromium is superior to firefox and co's bullshit
>>
>>62154162
Only good firefox fork out there is cyberfox, but it's on its last leg more or less. Most likely will be EOL after mozilla stops ESR support for 52.
>>
>>62158638
If you like Chrome and you're looking to switch then just use Vivaldi.
>>
>>62159836
It doesn't do much for security, does it? Isn't it just a reskin?
>>
>>62158638
You already said Chrome is comfy and you like it. I think you want to change another part of your lifestyle but are afraid of approaching the idea.
Just saying.
>>
>>62158960
it's literally just outdated Firefox with a different icon, why would you not just use Firefox
>>
>>62159904
I should have noted, if it wasn't already obvious:
I'm looking to get away from the botnet and Google jewery, which is why I'm looking into switching to a more secure browser.
>>
>>62159899
You won't be able to stop people from tracking you no matter what browser you use. You can minimize it with uBlock Origin, uBlock Protector, uMatrix, HTTPS Everywhere and Decentraleyes to name a few extensions but you'll never 100% stop it if someone really wants to find you.

Vivaldi is basically a more tweakable Chrome, if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>62158638
>Is Waterfox a meme?
It's Firefox with some Mozilla telemetry disabled. You can do the same thing on normal Firefox from the options and about:config.

>Is icecat a meme
Yes. It's based on an outdated version of Firefox, and comes bundled with Thunderbird even if you don't want it.

>I tried Pale Moon
It's only good for shitty hardware or if you really need to conserve ram.

>what about "ungoogled" chromium derivatives?
Ungoogled chromium itself is made by some college student in his free time, so despite the popularity I would advise against trusting it. Iridium is your best bet for a good chromium based browser.

That being said, from my experience the best browser right now is Firefox nightly.
>>
File: 1502806100932.jpg (37KB, 467x357px) Image search: [Google]
1502806100932.jpg
37KB, 467x357px
>>62154162
>people are still shilling Firecucks
>>
>>62158960
Unless you want to do something with it that any normal human being might.
>>
>>62159596
Same here. So many idiots trying to push so few browsers, but Waterfox is just sitting there like the Firefox that everyone loved.
>>
>>62154162
Install Nightly and grab webext ublock from gorhill's github. I don't even use failfox and know this. Stop being a retarded weeb.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.