[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my gpu and cpu getting so hot when I'm mining and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: overload.jpg (2MB, 3796x1944px) Image search: [Google]
overload.jpg
2MB, 3796x1944px
Why is my gpu and cpu getting so hot when I'm mining and rendering? Its only about 24 Degrees and I have my side panel taken off my computer, how can I reduce the temps?
>>
>>62148526
Reapply thermal paste, check if you left the idiot sticker on.
>>
>>62148526
Is this bait?

Consider dusting. Also, if possible, increase your intake.
>>
>>62148545
Its taken off
>>
>>62148526
>side panel taken off
that's how you ruin air flow faget. seriously gtfo.

>i've taken the bait
>>
>>62148526
clean your shit you nasty fucking pig and consider getting some fans
>>
>>62148526
Make sure the cpu and case fans are blowing in the same direction.
>>
also make sure your PC doesn't look like de_dust
>>
>>62148526

>intel cum IHS

buy ryzen, it's soldered with indium
>>
Ambient air temp?
>>
>r9 390
>80c
>40% fan
>full load
>hot

the bait is strong with this one.
>>
>>62148950
No its at 100%, the miner is reporting it wrong, really I am not baiting, maybe I'll check with my cpu tpase again, my gpu cooling isn't so good it seems
>>
>>62148975
my xfx 290x hits 92c with fans at full blast. 80c is fine.
>>
>>62148975
Check to see if the intake fans on the front are blocked by dust, it's a pretty common spot for that to happen and a lot of cases don't make it very easy to see
>>
>>62150364
Doesn't matter since my case is opened up
>>
>>62150364
Also shoot your CPU and GPU heatsinks with compressed air, even if they don't look bad. If the compressed air isn't working and there's definitely dust in there try removing the heatsink and spraying it down with brake cleaner
>>
>>62148526
Check your heatsink. Is it fully applied?
>>
>>62150403
You don't want your case opened, there needs to be positive pressure in the case to make sure the air is pushed across the components and then exhausted. If you leave it open the air will hang around. Unless the ambient room temp is really low in which case it probably helps to keep it open
>>
Undervolt your 390, default voltage is like 1.25v, which is crazy. 1.15 will be stable, use furmark to test stability of lower voltages
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.