[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to 3d tvs? Seemed to be a big thing 7 years a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What happened to 3d tvs?

Seemed to be a big thing 7 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4VidUn-3xA
>>
>>62146823
Everyone realized they were a meme and so they stopped making them.
>>
>>62146823
VR is replacing it and I think its so much better!
>>
>>62146823
yu needed to reframe the entire fucking season of your game of thrones to see a buggy 3d kinda fucking shit.

no wonder it didnt took off.

those 2 min demos in the video are made perfect in weeks.
>>
It required you to use glasses, 3D content was never that widely available and most of it wasn't nearly as good as those demo videos, and most of TVs just didn't reproduce that 3D effect as well as people would have wanted. Ironically, the best 3D inplementation ever was in LG's 2016 OLED models, and by then the technology was dying so hard that nothing could save it.

Still, I don't really miss it so much. Now manufacturers focus on 4K and HDR, and while 4K is somewhat overkill with the average consumer screen sizes and view distances, HDR is the best thing that has happened to display technology in a long time. It also isn't "meme" technology in the way that it would require some annoying accessories or rely on gimmicks, but it will seamlessly enhance the picture quality without any extra effort. Ok, HDR sources are still a bit scarce, but there's literally no reason why it wouldn't become more popular over time, becoming the standard in a decade.
>>
>>62146823
This guy sums up what happened to 3D pretty well. Basically because it was a cop out and not actually 3D.
>>
>>62150062
Forgot my link
https://youtu.be/AbUqJm9WQdg
>>
>>62150048
Biggest problems with HDR are the competing standards, hardware you buy now could be useless in few years if the winner ends up being anything else than HDR10. Also, you have the TV manufacturers scamming people with cheap "HDR" models that can read the HDR signal but actually lack the panel quality required to benefit from it.

I have no doubt about HDR getting more popular, but all that shit really requires standards to have at least some quality and compability assurances.
>>
>>62146823

The thing that worries me even more, is that 2010 was apparently almost 8 years ago..
>>
File: ayy_lmao.jpg (39KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
ayy_lmao.jpg
39KB, 720x719px
to 4D TVs What happened
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.