[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asus Tinker Board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2713.jpg (140KB, 1000x887px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2713.jpg
140KB, 1000x887px
Has anyone had a Asus tinker board, I'm having trouble with it, there is not much of a community for it, trying to turn it into a retro system.
>>
>>62146485
From the image, I see no difference between this and Raspberry Pi.

> retro system
Considered hooking up an old PC to your TV instead?
>>
why the fuck would you buy a more expensive product that literally is a ctrl c ctrl v of RaPi.
These kind of cards usually give a prebuilt linux distro for it, so just copy it on the sd card.
If not, you must build your own linux distro but that's not a thing every retard knows how to do.
They usually give you datasheets with this kind of thing.
If you don't have the skills then why the fuck did you buy it
>>
>>62148365
he read the memes and marketing specifically designed to trick people into thinking IT requires no skill at all (karlie kodes, bootcamps, etc) and fell for it hook, line and sinker
>>
>>62146485
Are you using a CRT TV or an HDTV?
>>
Don't buy cards from minor companies and expect much from its non existent communities.
I know how they work because I work at one.
The devs are usually pieces of shit who are working 1 day per week trying to make the smallest progress possible and yet their commercial bosses are telling them "Good job anon". I won't complain about the paycheck though.

If you don't know anything about building your own linux distro, configuring the kernel and the packages manually (or using tools like buildroot/yocto) don't buy other cards than Raspberry or Arduino.
This is a great piece of advice right here. You will save money and time
>>
>>62148517
I'm using hdtv, only got this board as I was gonna get raspberry pi 3 on the day but they was out stock and saw they had this for same price but higher specs.
>>
>>62146485
>there is not much of a community for it

This is the problem with anything that's not R Pi, Beagleboard, or Odroid.

You're fucked and have no one to ask for help if you run into any issues.
>>
>>62146485
>I'm having trouble with it, there is not much of a community for it
It's barely been (re)released after Asus stumbled on the original release
Linux support is improving, but it'll never be like the Raspberry Pi

>>62146810
>retro system
>Considered hooking up an old PC to your TV instead?
This is a better answer

An old x86 PC will run circles around these ARM toys.
>>
>>62148398
I know people like this who work in IT. They can barely, if at all, code. They spend their days configuring software their company bought from others.
>>
>>62148398
woha
>>
>>62149059
what bar dat?
>>
>>62149064
polybar, i no longer have that config file do
>>
You jumped on it too soon. Somebody is already working on a retropi fork for it because the processor should be able to handle n64 gaming well. Give it til Christmas.
>>
>>62149016
What about power consumption and antiquated PSU.
>>
>>62150070
>n64 gaming
N64 emulation is total shit and not worth it.
I'm not sure if it can handle PS2, but if not, OP could've just gone for a RPi3 or Odroid C2/XU4
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.