[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>repairing your own computers at the circuit board level;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: pcb-repair-electronic.jpg (69KB, 602x402px) Image search: [Google]
pcb-repair-electronic.jpg
69KB, 602x402px
>repairing your own computers at the circuit board level; soldering new chips, capacitors, etc.
>refurbishing your own batteries with new Li-ion cells
>writing your own drivers or tweaking drivers to improve functionality/performance

Is this the final form of a /g/entooman?
>>
>>62138241
micro soldering is not fun
>>
The final form is soldering your own x86_64 cpu from individual transistors.
>>
>>62138315
I've done this, but with MIPS
>>
>>62138315

clockboi done this. is he dare i say /ourguy/ ?
>>
>writing an entire new operating system from the kernel level, to work with modern hardware, writing your own drivers, and porting/coding modern applications to work in it
>>
>>62138241
Recapping retro computers is necessary, though.
>>
>>62138341
I'd say, starting as a community open source effort "because everything else is compromised", then degrading into a billion individual forks for the exact same reason.
>>
>>62138334
No he hasn't.
>>
>>62138341
my future plus >>62138315
>>
File: 1499641695598.jpg (59KB, 996x868px) Image search: [Google]
1499641695598.jpg
59KB, 996x868px
>Lets just make my "skills I know that make a true techie" thread again with another things I know so I can feel myself like the special snowflake I am again
>>
I've got a lot of spare electronics, can I reclaim the chips from them and flash them, then reuse? They're ranging from regular 8-16 pin microcontrollers to specialty chips.
>>
>>62138578
Jokes on you. I'm going to replace everything.

Literally everything.

TV? I'm going to broadcast pirate stations over the top of the jewshit. Same with radio. I'm going to make 64 bit processors and have everyone running temple OS. You're fucking done. It's over.

I'm talking about massive tents innawoods with electricity and AC. I'll have a film studio where we make right wing movies where they will be shown in our schools (also off grid) where the kids will be learning everything you fear.
>>
>>62138315
soldered an 69x42 once, but she was only 16 at them tiem. ;_;
>>
File: 1444834474758.webm (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444834474758.webm
175KB, 1920x1080px
Is this the final form of a /g/entooman?
>>
>>62138951
>dat room
Is that sysadmin? Is he still alive?
>newfags won't even know what's the deal with sysadmin
>>
>>62138437
It's about freedom, alright?
>>
I knew a guy who designed his own circuitboards, had them printed out/manufactured for him and wrote the software for them himself. He also built a successful business around selling them.

He doesn't even know /g/ exists, and if he did he probably would not care about this den of autism.
>>
yep currently "rossmanning" a very slightly water damaged 2016 dell xps 13 carbon, i am sure i will be able to bypass the power plug protection ic and it will light up and i will make some bank ... also dells use apple pentalobe screws now... wankers

also aquired my daily driver debian macbook air 256 for free by replacing a $20 magsafe board... shit was too proprietry to replace and solder although i could have
>>
>>62138241
>Is this the final form of a /g/entooman?
I was doing that as a teenager way before /g/ was a thing, anon.
>>
>>62138951
we need to protect that smile /g/
>>
>>62138964
Yeah, saw him in home server thread a week ago.

>>62139766
That's what I always feel in my heart when I see that smile.
>>
>>62138964
>tfw almost originalfag
>skipped out on /g/ so much I missed the context of sysadmin entirely
>don't care never asked
I just let people have their memes. I have my own memes. You have your memes.
>>
>>62139864
I have all the memes though.
>>
>>62138241
Collegefag here. How do I even get started with soldering? What is a safe but useful project to start on?
>>
>>62140070
buy cheap kits off aliexpress. Also get the yihua 908d soldering iron .
>>
>>62140070
What kind of stuff are you into? I got started with synth kits.
>>
>>62138241
ye good luck finding those chip replacment
>>
>>62138241
No, the final form of the /g/entooman is designing your own processors and fabricating them in your own semiconductor fab. It's the only way to be sure that ypur electronics don't have hardware backdoors.
>>
>>62139872
no way I have some secret meme knowledge that knowyourmeme got wrong.

only I hold the arcane knowledge
>>
>>62140240
SOON my brother.

FOSS kingdom (no niggers)
>>
I've:
Replaced caps on boards
Resoldered connectors that were breaking away
Reflowed solder on dead boards to repair them
Build a toy CPU in 7400 series TTL compenents
Make a toy OS in assembly and C
Never coded a driver, but I've patched an older niche driver for OpenSolaris to get it building with illumos.
>>
>>62140132
Tell me more anon, I have a big hard-on for synths and I'm planning to start building one later this year.
>>
>>62140456
I've done these kits:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/
http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=sammichsid
https://mutable-instruments.net/archive/shruthi/build/

Unfortunately, I think only the x0xb0x still has kits available someplace. I've also made a number of DIY synth modules, mostly from these guys:

http://www.elby-designs.com/

Oh yeah, also forgot about this sweet drum machine:

https://www.sonic-potions.com/lxr

Still kits available for those. It's also open source, so you can mess with the firmware.
>>
>>62140490
Thanks a ton! Bookmarked them all to read later on.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.