[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board fan headers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: fs.jpg (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
fs.jpg
9KB, 261x193px
Hello boys need some help. I am gonna buy this board tomorrow pic related asus 350-f strix. It has 3 4pin fan headers. Can i connect a y splitter to them and control the speeds of the fans with 6 fans connected? Also is this a good board?
>>
>>62133840
yes but you will only be able to control them from the header, not individually. Got it?
>>
>>62133291
>>62134209
Also if you connect two non-identical four-pin fans to one header, the one that has the tachometer wire running to the mobo is the one the board will see, know about, and make fan-control decisions based on. 4-pin splitters are missing one wire in one of the two sides of the split for this reason. So say the mobo wants Fan 1 at 1000 RPM and sets the PWM wire to whatever it takes to get Fan 1 to turn at that speed. Fan 2 will see the same PWM signal, and will spin at whatever duty cycle it has for that setting. Which might be louder or quieter (or have more or less airflow) than Fan 1.

You'll need to plan for that when thinking about your airflow and fan-control settings. The easiest thing to do is just use identical or similar fans on each half of the splitter.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.