[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My teachers claim you don't need to know anything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1502915926988.jpg (119KB, 717x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502915926988.jpg
119KB, 717x1024px
My teachers claim you don't need to know anything about networking and you don't need books to pass everything. So how the fuck do I pass Cisco certificates? I looked at it and subnetting is weird fucking math, please tell me /g/.
>>
i want to get ilya pregnet
>>
>bits are weird math
>>
>weird fucking math

If you can handle arithmetic in base 10, I think you can learn this, OP. Stop being a stupid faggot.
>>
cute pic desu
>>
>>62132320
it's 2017 why are you spending all this time getting Cisco Certified? lol. Use your time for something better that won't land you some dead end rack-monkey job.
>>
>>62133902
Give me a better suggestion
>>
Another networking noob here

I can't wrap my head around IPv6 route summarization. If I need to summarize three networks:
2001:db8:acad:a::/64
2001:db8:acad:b::/64, and
2001:db8:acad:c::/64,
then why would the correct summarization not be
2001:db8:acad::/49?

Also I'm scheduling the CCNA exam after next week and when I took the final for my last class on the subject I got a 72 on the multiple choice. Been studying for the past month since then reviewing the stuff I missed. How fucked am I?
>>
>>62132320
Subnetting is easy once you know how. Just watch videos till you get it.
Your teacher is an idiot but he is right.
Cisco is gay.
>>
>>62136023
Just practice the tests till you get 100%
>>
could someone pls explain subnetting
>>
>>62135442
try familiarizing yourself with a few cloud providers. AWS is the most common one but really any virtualization framework. Thats just IMO though and guessing that you don't want your job to entail looking at route tables for the rest of your life. I'd rather have machines route themselves while I work on other issues.
>>
>>62136127
I can't code, never want to learn how to code either. I'm aware that Cisco is losing it against the cloud but you have to learn programming for that so fuck it.
>>
>>62136168
>I can't code, never want to learn how to code either
Why are you in IT then? much of networking requires scripting
>>
>>62136168
only you don't really have to know how to code at all. If you think writing a JSON object is coding I suggest you start learning how to use a spatula because you're only suited for service jobs.
>>
>>62136475
coding is for code monkeys (computer science)
>>
>>62136168
>Cisco loosing it
>Literally either number 1 or 2 in any market they are in
>Will buy out all the competition to be number 1 if need be

Bro, don't listen to these fuck heads. With that being said:
> don't need to know anything about networking and you don't need books to pass everything.

Horse shit. You at least need the books and a basic understanding of networking (Ie. UDP vs TCP, 30 most 'popular' ports, the shit you learn getting ready for the Net+ cert...)

I've met people who literally memorized the study materials for CCNA and they can barely function when it comes to anything else.

Here's where you start:
Start with these Comptia certs:
A+
Net+
Security+
These will build your core knowledge of networking and will set you up to get a decent entry level job as a sys admin somewhere.

There are a ton of "road maps" out there for certs to get an in what order ( a quick google search will probably get ya some if you're interested).

I recommend checking out SANS though after those 3 certs (another anon mentioned AWS which wouldn't hurt, but you can't live off that). Security is literally the fastest growing job market and there is such a deficit right now that people are hiring complete retards to manage their security. You show up with your GSEC/GIAC, niggas will be sucking yo dick. Start off with their SEC 301 (I think that's it) and follow whatever roadmap they have.

Lastly:
> I looked at it and subnetting is weird fucking math
It's not weird math and makes sense once you learn it, however, ain't nobody got time to sit down and do that shit in their head. I fucking google my CIDR ranges all day erryday. Like if you ever need to calculate a CIDR range, more than likely you're in front of a computer already and can just Google that shit.

Hope this helps Anon.
>>
>>62136084
RFIC 1918, learn it, breathe it
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918
>>
>>62138090
Thanks. My college is helping us get CCNA and CCNP. Do I still need those certificates you listed? What are some good books for CCNA? I just want to read and learn the theory before it's too late when I'm taking the test.
>>
>>62138425
Go on Amazon and search for CCNA, buy the best rated book.

Yes those 3 certs are the stepping stones for all other certs honestly. They cover a wide range of topics that you'll find yourself using everyday even years after certifying (cause they are literally the fundamentals). I was able to pass the Net+ with just the knowledge I had learned by myself and from what I learned when studying for A+, but I wish I had learned the Net+ shit rather than winging at the time. Sec+ will make people think you're some sort of elite blue team guy (even though not really).
>>
>>62132403
i want to cum inside kuro
>>
I was one of the first graduates of the Cisco Network Academy in Houston. Cisco is a bullshit old company that is run by old farts. A linux computer built in a pizza box can do anything a Cisco router can do and or even better. That is saying a lot coming from someone who was presented their certificate on stage by Cisco execs. If your taking the lessons from the official sours you should be able to log in to Cisco.Netacad.Com for life to see the latest learning material. If your teacher is teaching it and you don't have a login to Netacad tell them to suck balls and give you your money back because its not official. Once you get your cert you can jump on our bandwagon and charge people up the ass for nothing and make fun of others who are not certified!
>>
>don't need to know anything about networking
>Cisco
Literally what?

>>62136023
Because you're summarizing EVERYTHING in the ...acad:: network, not just a+b+c.
>>
There's dynamips, think it's real ios simulator. I checked lot of stuff out and had some real routers and switches but mainly passed ccna with 1 main book (Todd Lammle), braindumps and glancing some quiz book- get among currently highest rated books. Remember cisco cert these days last 2-3 years except maybe ccie so make sure the timing is right, costs to renew.
>>
>>62132320
>you don't need books to pass everything.
>So how the fuck do I pass Cisco certificates?
you could probably use video based training instead of book based training, but the ciscopress books are really good and it would be retarded to try to get cisco certifications without them

you do have to study for cisco certs, you didn't used to have to, some basic knowledge would get you by, but CCNA was too valuable, people would stop getting certified at the CCNA level, and it was making cisco look like idiots because it wasn't enough knowledge for someone to have a career with, it was entry level but people were using CCNA tier knowledge far beyond entry level
so they made CCNA requirements more stringent, it easily requires ten times the knowledge of the CCNA from 15 years ago
your teacher might have been familiar with that instead of what it is now
>>
the fact that you kids even need to go to school for basic networking amuses me to no end
>>
>>62132320
subnetting is kinda easy
>>
>>62138697
there's a really good kuro doujin on nhentai uploaded recently, enjoy
>>
It's not much more demanding now than back in the day, few knew jack about today's paradigms/models, certainly today isn't more difficult- laid out for you at any computing age level.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.