[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OpenDNS blocking Dailystormer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 17

File: 3 (2).jpg (243KB, 1161x770px) Image search: [Google]
3 (2).jpg
243KB, 1161x770px
now you have to buy a VPN to bypass the Democrat/Fact-Check/Snopes/CNN censorship
So much for ''in 20 years we'll be colonizing mars''
>>
File: doc.jpg (27KB, 274x163px) Image search: [Google]
doc.jpg
27KB, 274x163px
>>62132305

Sucks for you.
>>
>>62132305

I completely understand you frustration, and I also think it's pretty retarded that so many places are blocking this site. But you're not going to look good using DailyStormer as your rallying cry. No rational person wants to give sympathy to a site like that.
>>
>>62132363
>99% of brainwashed leftists should decide what is acceptable
>>
>>62132405

That's not way I'm saying at all. Again, you're supporting a site that promotes anti-semitism, your OP image is anti-semetic, and you're calling me a brainwashed leftist. Again, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but you do not look like a rational person. Most people do not hate jews and most people don't like negotiating with hostile people who just namecall. It doesn't matter what side your on. They should NOT be blocking the DailyStormer it's a matter of free speech. But most of the retards I see defending against this decision are kekistan retards. Don't act like a retard and make a reasonable argument and you might be able to sway people perception.
>>
>>62132363
>not enough balls to defend free speech
the post
>>
>>62132468
he doesn't look like a rational person but he is. you ARE NOT.
>>
>>62132468
The argument is that you shouldn't censor anything. It doesn't matter what you think of him as a person.
Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>62132363
>>62132468
>Turning a matter of constitutionality into a matter of morality
You liberal faggots really are just light conservatives, so I wouldn't expect less from someone who doesn't understand the fucking Constitution.
>>
>>62132522

I've said this twice now. I do not support the decision to block it. BUT if you want to convince other people that you have a cause worth fighting for, you usually don't use the hate of other people to do it. Make it a free speech issue, not a "the fucking jews are out here goys" shit. It's counterproductive.
>>
>>62132305
>buy a vpn
what?
just use your cheap crap router's dns resolver or get a raspberry pi with bind on it
i run my own servers for this but i've set up dns servers for friends on rpis and it works great
>>
>>62132550
>just keep burying the truth

find your nuts.
>>
or just use a different DNS provider? some that isn't Cisco
>>
>DNS blocking
>VPN to bypass
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62132602

Too dumb to change his DNS server.
>>
>>62132405
>other people have a responsibility to publish my racist lies for me
>>
>>62132476
I didn't realize that OpenDNS was a government agency.
>>
Change your DNS to OpenNIC
>>
>>62132548

You're right it is a matter of constitutionality, but that's not how most people see it. Most people see you as supporting a site the hates jews. You should using the argument that this is a fight for free speech, not a fight against the jewish cabal. It's perception.

>>62132564
Like it or not, most people do not support a site like the DailyStormer, either craft and argument that people can understand and sympathize with or this shit will continue. It should NOT be blocked, but you have to understand that most people do not agree with you. REEEEing about it and yelling epithets isn't going to help enlighten anyone. If you want the general public to sympathize with you don't be incendiary. People see incendiary conspiratorial language and they think you're crazy. Take a different approach.
>>
>>62132305
OpenDNS is shit anyways, they redirect 404s to their stupid search page, and turning it off is deliberately tedious and unreliable
>>
>>62132548
So, you believe that private organizations should be forced to publish and support your racist horseshit and that is what the first amendment of the Constitution was for?
>>
>>62132647
free people dont try to limit what other people say. and freedom is not making sure that the government changes the laws to make sure other people are forced to do everything that you personally like to do.
>>
>>62132655
>You're right it is a matter of constitutionality, but that's not how most people see it. Most people see you as supporting a site the hates jews. You should using the argument that this is a fight for free speech, not a fight against the jewish cabal. It's perception.

Private organizations have no responsibility to allow your speech on their property.
>>
>>62132655
>s. You should using the argument that this is a fight for free speech, not a fight against the jewish cabal. It's perception.

I mean, that's the same argument that the ACLU used for all the rallies where they supported the alt-right's right to free speech. Just make it clear that you don't support their views, but at the same time bring up the fact that as long as they aren't causing any physical violence or libel, they have a right to speak. It's not hard
>>
>>62132685
They aren't limiting what you say, they are disallowing your use their property to publish and they are entirely within their rights to do so. You don't have a right to use other people's DNS systems.
>>
>>62132655
most people are getting strung up on the day of the rope.

anyone who still believes there is a peaceful solution is just another brainwashed niggers who might not get a wakeup call before the rock knocks him out.
>>
>>62132688
So why should we force private organizations to be beholden to anti-discrimination laws, since they shouldn't be beholden to any laws that bind the gov't according to your logic?
>>
>>62132718
*your use of their property
>>
>>62132660
it can't redirect 404s, 404 is a http status code, which means the name already resolved to a server and a http server replied. i.e. dns is out of the picture
what you mean is that instead of returning nxdomain it returns their search page
>/g/ 2017
>>
>>62132731
>So why should we force private organizations to be beholden to anti-discrimination laws
tbqph there is no such thing as an anti-discrimination law.

like driver's licenses, it's just a trick to fool the goyim, and you reagularly get bullied into thinking it's a real law.
>>
>>62132666
>>62132688
dont be a bitch about this. obviously a private person/company is not forced to do anything but if they want to be draconian then people who feel that that is anti freedom are completely legitimate to say that they disagree with such practices
>>62132718
no shit see above no one is claiming that they are breaking laws just that they are being anti free speech. i do not like to use services/interact with those who are against free speech
>>
>>62132731
Because that's what the laws say. If you don't like it, you can leave and go live in another nation.
>>
>>62132754
Stop not helping your case.

>>62132756
And the 1st Amendment is the law of the land because it's in the fucking Bill of Rights. So why can we not apply the 1st Amendment to private businesses and not anti-discrimination laws?
>>
>>62132755
First amendment speech is about Congress passing laws, not about you being freely allowed to use other people's property to publish and disseminate your speech that they don't want you to publish and disseminate.
>>
ehm.

USE OPENNIC.
>>
>>62132688

You're right. I still think it's wrong. They're causing no harm by existing. Unless they're advocating or showing tactics to kill people, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to stay. That gets into a bigger argument of what free speech is. Even advocating for killing is free speech, but you've just heavily narrowed the people who want to associate with you once you start doing that.

>>62132722
Proof of horseshoe theory the post.
>>
>>62132790
I'm going to scalp you.
>>
>>62132783
Because of the literal text of the first amendment. Read it for yourself, you dumb bitch.
>>
>>62132789
Literally this
>>
>>62132789
>OPENNIC
>also provides access to domains not administered by ICANN.
holy shit. nazis are back, baby!
>>
>>62132790
>You're right. I still think it's wrong.
Nobody cares what you think, asshole.
>>
>>62132756
completely agree with you and i posted this>>62132755
i am just saying that what openDNS did is not cool, and speaking out about their decision in hopes that others see the importance of protecting the free speech of those they disagree with and maybe openDNS would then see that their actions arent in the best interest of everyone
>>62132785
you are ignoring everything i just said and are repeating yourself. I AM NOT FORCING NOR DO I WANT TO FORCE ANYONE TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY DO THEIR LEGAL BUSINESS

i am saying they are being anti free speech by blocking them. i am within my rights to call them out for it and they are within their rights to do so.
>>
>>62132818

fuck you
>>
>>62132801
So its it okay if the President abuses the right of free speech for any other individual ala an executive order? He's not Congress so the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to him right?
>>
>>62132870
Also see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packingham_v._North_Carolina
>>
>>62132822
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what free speech means because you spend too much time circlejerking with the other Proud Boys.
>>
>>62132890
Okay? That is a state law, not the policy of a nongovernmental organization. Facebook doesn't allow kiddy diddlers on their platform.

Do you understand that there are differences between things?
>>
>>62132870
>>62132890
>>62132913
Also, we have the Justice system to decide those issues. Your opinions are irrelevant.
>>
>>62132870
you dont understand the constitution. the bill of rights is not an allowance granted by the government it is a specific list that says the government cannot fuck with these right.
openDNS is legally legit but just douchebags in terms of freespeech. having said that the dailystormer are douchbags too but they are legally in the right to say what they say. but openDNS is not cool imo for doing that sort of thing
>>62132892
you are the one who is wrong see my above comment. free speech is an unalienable right, openDNS is being overbearing for what they did but they are LEGALLY IN THE CLEAR THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.
do you have anymore ad homs to through around or are you going to speak to the actual issue. whether or not openDNS made a good decision.
>>
File: 4bc (1).png (24KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
4bc (1).png
24KB, 165x115px
>holding views compatible with those expressed by any website with "storm" in the name
maybe you should kill yourself
>inb4 "muh freeze peach"
1) Free speech doesn't cover incitement.
2) You are not the authority on your own rights.
3) This is war. We despise you and your views more than we love our country. If our country sides with you we will fight against the both of you. So it really doesn't even matter what the constitution says. And if our country sides with us then this is still war.
>inb4 irony
I know, I just said free speech doesn't cover incitement and then I said something which could be taken as incitement.
Eat me, troglodytes.
>>
>>62132305
prettier on the left
>>
>>62132938
>free speech is an unalienable right,
Nope.

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness are the only delineated "unalienable rights" in the founding documents. OpenDNS is clearly pursuing their happiness by shitting on you limpdick Nazi faggots.
>>
>>62132305
dam she an ugly girl but i bet she fuckin smart
ugly girls aren't always smart obviously but girls who are ugly in that particular manner are usually fucking brilliant in my experience
>>
>>62132363
>But you're not going to look good using DailyStormer as your rallying cry
I wonder if there's a reason they're hounding this site so much, possibly related to what you're now saying.
>>
>>62132938
OpenDNS made a good decision.
It is both their legal AND THEIR MORAL right to decide what kind of speech they want saturating THEIR PROPERTY.
In just the same way that I am in the MORAL right to kick anyone out of my house for insulting my wife.
>>
>>62133003
>OpenDNS is clearly pursuing their happiness by shitting on you limpdick Nazi faggots.
But OpenDNS is a business bounds by various legal regulations relating to anti-discriminatory hiring practices, alongside every other business in the country. They're not a person with legal rights.
>>
>>62133003
Not him, but your inability to read is really something. He has repeatedly said that he realizes there is nothing legally wrong with what openDNS did, but nevertheless has the morals to realize that just because companies don't have to respect your freedom of speech on paper doesn't mean they should be able to do whatever they want. Calling them out for doing something you consider morally wrong and wanting legal consequences are completely different, and you being a smartass and misinterpreting what he says isn't going to change that.
>>
>>62132982
>Free speech doesn't cover incitement.
Saying mean words isn't incitement. Shouting fire in a perfectly fine theatre is incitement because there's an actual threat of killing people.

>You are not the authority on your own rights.
Agian, no. These are God-given rights according to the constitution, hence are yours and they ought not to be violated by anyone

>This is war.
LARPing as the moral highground ala the conservative evangelicals when they do the same thing on the "War on Christmas" isn't an argument
>>
>>62132305
Stormcuck tech mishaps really belong to >>>/pol/ instead of /g/.
>>
>>62132647
>Lee only governments need to apply free speech, meme
Ye bro go with that argument around go! be free! and let them aply your memes in their business! lets all promote this idea and let companies deny you services for arbitrary reasons like on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age or political views.

HAHAAHHA liberals digging their own grave! eternally btfo by their flawed logic.
>>
>>62132982
all three of your points are legally and factually incorrect.

>1 incitement is protected free speech. however incitement to commit violence is not.
>2 yes i am the authority on my own right thats why they are acknowledge as being given to my by birth NOT from government
>3 fuck you im not a nazi i do not like dailystormer but free speech for everyone is important to uphold especially for those that you personally disagree with
>>62133003
i have state multiple times that openDNS did not break any laws and that they cannot be forced to allow any specific speech that they do not want to provide access to. However their decision to limit the free speech of those they disagree with is offensive to free speech and the values that the country was founded on. that is why i do not want to use openDNS
>>62133040
i disagree bc openDNS is not a platform that is designed to make decisions on what type of legal information you are allowed to view. the dailystormer is a legal website. and limiting the freespeech of those who are legally speaking freely is morally wrong.

the example of you giving of kicking someone out of your house is relevant, and i agree but by that same vein we can both agree then that the person who insulted your wife has the right to speak about anything just not in your house unless you approve of it? and if so then i am glad and i feel the same way
>>
>>62132476
>not enough balls to defends a companies freedom to deny service
>>
>>62132468
>you're calling me a brainwashed leftist

Sometimes we have to call a spade a spade.
>>
>>62133077
I don't care what he says. I don't care what you say, either. Neither of you have an "inalienable" right to use others' property to propagate your "Free speech"
>>
>>62133146
>not having enough balls to protect legal free speech that your personally disagree with
>>
>>62133146
they're free to deny it obviously, we just dont want them too.

there's a nice market opportunity for a censor free alternative once the censorship starts
>>
>>62133182
no one is making that argument
>>
>>62133077
The real issue is that no one is taking the obvious lesson from all this: that we can't trust these corporations for the longevity of our digital creations. We should have learned this after Yahoo decided to take down GeoCities with a few days notice, but it seems we didn't, and are now experiencing a political spin on that same corporate decision.

We have the technological capability now to have it so that no data is held nor controlled, nor any one access point to it, is controlled by any company...If people were willing to scale back their data creation. Sticking to periodical written documents rather than daily video-logs with someone just staring at the camera will make digital information far easier to spread, but also re-upload elsewhere and get into the hands of as many people as possible.
>>
>>62133182
Sure I don't, but the point is that not allowing someone to use your service because of their views is a slippery slope (youtube, twitter, etc)
>>
>>62133134
k

Business isn't speech.

Different things are different things, bro. Do you understand how to distinguish between different things or have you not figured out that whole object permanence thing yet?
>>
>>62133077
Not him but see: >>62133040
OpenDNS was both legally and morally in the right.
It's their property. If the neo-nazis want to bitch and moan somewhere they can do it somewhere else. Denial of a platform is not a restriction on free speech.
If there's anything you should be objecting to here it's the immorality of any organization amassing so much property that no other platforms remain, or that no other platforms would be as audible, or that one could not feasibly erect as audible a platform for oneself. Not the alleged immorality of people or organizations kicking unwanted guests off their property, which is an absurd allegation.

>>62133100
Saying mean words isn't incitement. Calling for mass genocide among a small group of people who all either disagree or know you're joking is also not incitement. But calling for mass genocide among people who are inclined to carry it out or spread the word is incitement. There is no legal precedent for this but it is morally true and if the law decides against it then the law becomes our enemy.
>LARPing
Tell that to Antifa.
>>
>>62133194
you dont have a clue if you think my statement implicates that
>>
>>62133146
>>62133134

yes yes! what will be next? the water company denying you service because your animals smell bad?
Your argument will back fire on you. No one should deny you basic services because of bullish reasons or what you publish in your web page, WE HAVE FUCKING LAWS FOR THIS!
>>
>>62133145
>i have state multiple times that openDNS did not break any laws and that they cannot be forced to allow any specific speech that they do not want to provide access to. However their decision to limit the free speech of those they disagree with is offensive to free speech and the values that the country was founded on. that is why i do not want to use openDNS

But that's wrong. They aren't limiting free speech. The Nazi's can say whatever they want, but they don't get to use others' property to say it. It's pretty simple. Your speech is free, but you don't get to freely hijack others' platforms to say it if they don't want you to say it.
>>
>>62133224
Slippery slopes are a classical rhetorical fallacy for a reason.
>>
>>62133260
>they aren't limiting free speech
i never said they did. you are side stepping my arguement in order to build an easily defeated point that i am not making, so i will make it again.

it is petty, cowardly, and against the values the USA is based on to limit the speech of those whom you disagree with solely because you disagree with them.

>inb4 whatever illegal actions
dailystormer didnt break any laws so any example that you make that uses illegal instances as a way to conflate that with intent to sway approval for openDNS's decision is not relevant
>>
>>62133241
>OpenDNS was both legally and morally in the right.
You seem pretty rational in what you're saying, but this is the one point where we disagree. I don't think removing anyone's platform can be the morally correct thing to do, so I will pass on OpenDNS in favor of a service that is more in line with my morals. If you personally don't see anything wrong with it, that's fine, but online censorship is honestly getting ridiculous and any company that partakes in it isn't getting my money or service.
>>
>>62133145
>the example of you giving of kicking someone out of your house is relevant, and i agree but by that same vein we can both agree then that the person who insulted your wife has the right to speak about anything just not in your house unless you approve of it? and if so then i am glad and i feel the same way
Yes. Everyone has the right to speak about anything (excluding certain veins of speech as described in the constitution). Just not in my house unless I approve of it. OpenDNS is the "me" here. (I am not literally OpenDNS, I'm just trying to express a metaphor.) The domain name service they provide is their "house." There is no reason they should tolerate anyone in their "house" unless they see fit to tolerate them.
Not even these reasons you just said:
>openDNS is not a platform that is designed to make decisions on what type of legal information you are allowed to view.
It's not about what anyone's allowed to view. It's about who's allowed on their property. If you want to view legal information they don't want to tolerate in their "house" then you can leave their "house" too.
>the dailystormer is a legal website. and limiting the freespeech of those who are legally speaking freely is morally wrong.
No. It's not. Someone who insults my wife is legally speaking. By kicking him out I am limiting his free speech to outside my house. That's morally right. What's morally wrong is preventing free speech. Limiting it, insofar as your own property is concerned (and, reminder, OpenDNS's servers are their property, just as my house is mine) is morally okay.
>>
>>62133283
Slippery Slope is completely false, but you have to ignore all what came before it.

Remember: saying "transgender rights? What next? Men allowed into the same bathrooms as little girls?" would be dismissed as slippery slope.
>>
File: 1503643307752.jpg (12KB, 236x250px) Image search: [Google]
1503643307752.jpg
12KB, 236x250px
As an anti-SJW, the recent rash of censorship couldn't have been a bigger gift to our side.

The fact that it's TDS draws eyeballs since it's such a controversial site, and the insane lengths that various tech companies are going to in order to try to censor it is turning people in the middle away from the SJW side.

Anyone with a brain clearly understands TDS is nonsense garbage, but seeing the hysterical attempts at trying to censor it reminds people how much power the SJWs have over private corporations (especially tech) and that other, more reasonable views might start getting targetted for the SJW inquisition treatment - e.g. James Damore.

The argument that the 1st amendment should not apply to massive, monopolistic private corporations is also forcing more people away from SJWism. The average person has discovered the same thing that the tech literate person has known for years - that google and friends are more powerful than any government when it comes to the flow of ideas and culture.

tl;dr - good job SJWs, keep up what you've been doing, because TDS couldn't have written a better roadmap for you to destroy yourselves.
>>
>>62133245
We have different definitions as to what qualifies as basic services. If they break a companies terms of service they are not entitled to use that service just because they have something they want to say
>>
>>62133309
>it is petty, cowardly, and against the values the USA is based on to limit the speech of those whom you disagree with solely because you disagree with them.

It isn't petty, cowardly, or against the values of the USA to kick Nazi faggots off of your property.
>>
>>62132627
free speech jackass, you don't have to like it.
>>
>>62132490
>>62132522
>>62132548
>>62133180
Are these bots? Do these people have schizophrenia?

>>62132468
You're doing good, but I don't think 4chan has people anymore. It seems too much like the Reddit manipulation machine right now and not like the 4chan of yester decade.
>>
>>62133241
> But calling for mass genocide among people who are inclined to carry it out or spread the word is incitement.
How are they inclined to carry it out? Again, until they make credible threat that can be backed up by actual evidence, not perception biased party, then you can say that they're over stepping the line. Shouting about the "Day of the Rope (All Reichs Reserved)" for the ten thousandth time among your Neo-Nazi friends is just as much of a credible threat as a Communist shouting about "The revolution willl come and we'll kill all the bourgeois" among xer commie friends": unless they actually have preparations to do so and are planning out violnt action, it's just stupid speech.
>>
>>62132789
How much sites are still opennic-only? Is there still someone who browses there?
>>
>>62133348
I don't have to let you use my printing press/DNS system, either.
>>
>>62133321
we agree on all points. i was just making sure that we agree the dailystormer can continue saying their bullshit but they cannot demand openDNS allow them to use their services. but bc of that i would choose not to support openDNS and that is where the analogy would end. its my choice to decide and everyone elses as well whether or not they protect the free speech of those whom they disagree with.
no matter how detestable it is as long as it is legal i would support it that is my point
>>
>>62132305
>opendns
why not mail your every dns query to the fbi directly? that would cut the middleman out.
>>
>>62133349
>Believing in free speech makes you schizophrenic

Believing in anything else makes you a different flavor of your average conservative; whether it be light conservative ala your average hypocritical "liberal" or a Bible-thumping evangelical.
>>
>>62133359
>Shouting about the "Day of the Rope (All Reichs Reserved)" for the ten thousandth time among your THOUSANDS OF Neo-Nazi friends is just as much of a credible threat as a Communist shouting about "The revolution willl come and we'll kill all the bourgeois" among xer PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF commie friends": THAT IS TO SAY, QUITE A CONSIDERABLE THREAT.
ftfy
>>
>>62133346
its their choice to do so but as i said before i choose to protect the legal free speech of everyone not just those i agree with. and just like you said TDS can use other services. it doesnt matter what the person believes as long as it is legal free speech but thats why i think openDNS is being overbearing, but as you said you disagree with me
>>
>>62133384
So you're saying if someone paid you to stay in your house you'd let him insult you and your wife and kids?
>>
>buying into the free speech meme
>>
>>62133424
Do these alt-right fuckwits actually believe that modern Communists are still stuck in hundred-year-old October Revolution mindset? Wow. No wonder they don't get it.

We want single payer health care and civil infrastructure investment.
>>
>>62133468
no but if that person wanted to cuss me out while they were off my property i wouldnt give a fuck what they say.
>>
>>62133468
Verbal abuse of family members isn't quite the same as speaking your mind on an open platform.
>>
>>62133502
health insurance and infrastructure is the largest part of the entire budget already
>>
>>62133424
Yeah, because, as we all know, TDS is just such a popular and influential site.

I wonder why they don't shut down 4chan, what with all the school shootings and suicides it has caused
>>
>>62133424
t. Delusional idiot
The Neo-Nazis and the actual Communists of this country are a few hundred thousand strong at this point, but the thing is they're so fringe no one will accept their views because:
1) They're lunatics
2) They say crazy shit that everyone knows is false
3) If they get violent, we literally have police forces that will crack their skulls wide open.

There's never going to be a Day of the Rope nor the American Bolshevik Revolution. You're just buying into the same moral panic mentality that was prevalent durong the Red Scare days, when everyone's a Communist spy and Communism was going to DESTROY THE COUNTRY IF WE DON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THESE COMMIES ARE SUCH A THREAT TO OUR NATION AND OUR PEOPLE/WAY OF LIF. The only difference is your freaking out about shitposters of a Ukrainian Stalker Board and meth heads in white trash trailer parks.
>>
>>62133349
Nevermind I think I get it. These are the same sorts of people that you see around in England's middle and working class neighborhoods. Grown men who've been screwed over because they're not bright and now are stuck in whipping boy mode. The blood and hate is blinding them to the truth. You can see teh cognitive dissonance in their eyes. Their bodies know they've lost but they've tricked themselves into thinking they can still win, if only they keep persevering.

What fucking losers. 4chan is the only outlet they have because they'ed be laughed out of any real life discourse because they wouldn't be able to use any vocabulary past 8th grade. They couldn't do it on Reddit either because the same losers over there have accepted their fates and don't want to be reminded that there are people better than them (if you can even call it that).

Get on with your lives. There are no sides, no such thing as morals, you've been used again. It's not about left or right, it's about keeping you distracted and making you think like you're making a difference. If you're openly in support of violence (either side and openly meaning anything linked back to you via IP [4chan keeps logs], etc.) you've already lost. You're painting targets on your backs. Those who don't accept their fate as good worker sheep will be breed out forcefully through directed hormone manipulation and psychological warfare.

Step back for a second and take a leave from your echo chambers. Go into isolation so you won't be influenced by others and take a look around. Everyone's distracted, no one's making any real change. Revolutions have never achieved their intended goals, they've only thrown things into disorder because they were cornered animals with nowhere else to go. That is, when it wasn't orchestrated by someone more powerful. Then after all was said and done, the revolutionaries were cornered and drawn. Made an example of. It always happens, I know from first-hand experience.
>>
back to /pol/ you cuck
>>
>>62132688
>be government
>help corporations gain power and become monopolistic
>encourage people to express themselves through the corporation's mediums
>deny the right to free expression on that medium
>"Its still Freedom because we're Free to take away your rights :)"
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>62133598
thats opensDNS's legal right to do that, but they are douchy to do so
>>
>>62133502
Well, you're a socdem. from the stupid unattainable shit you're saying (trust me, social/military welfare always spins out of control and ends up destroying a socialist country. See the USSR and Venezuela and pretty much every East European socialist nation). I'm talking about people who find Bernie Sanders to be a fucking fascist because the only type of socialism that works is the one that failed 24 times in their minds. Liberals are just as bad as Nazis and they'll get the bullet too eventually. So groups like Antifa
>>
>>62133540
A full single payer system will drive medical costs down because the government would be able to collectively bargain and there also wouldn't be yet another layer of capitalist parasites leeching profit from medical insurance. We already have for profit hospitals and medical equipment manufacturers and pharma companies all trying to drive costs up so that they can bleed the rest of the country dry.

Also, where is infrastructure investment a top priority there?
>>
File: 1503642565213.gif (973KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503642565213.gif
973KB, 200x200px
>>62133552
Keep discounting all dissenting opinions and refuse to construct any counter-arguments.

It's working great so far driving people away from the SJW side.
>>
>>62133508
Then how is it different for OpenDNS, which, up until now, had been letting people cuss them out (indirectly, granted, by reference to demographics some of their members probably belong to) ON their property?
Could it possibly be because: >>62133527
>Verbal abuse of family members isn't quite the same as speaking your mind on an open platform.
Ding ding ding ding right answer!
The problem here isn't that OpenDNS did a thing. It's that OpenDNS should not fucking exist. There shouldn't BE an open platform that's both somebody's property and extremely popular. That is just asking for these kinds of dilemmas. So the real problem isn't "muh censorship," it's unrestrained capitalism. If you want to insult my wife you can do it outside, but no one, NO ONE, should own SO much land that "outside" still IS their house. And likewise, no one should own so much air space that "the Internet," or any very considerable chunk of it, is their property. Because it causes problems like this. It's basically a monopoly lite.
>>
>>62132647
I didn't realize this were the 1980s

Oh wait, it isn't. Internet access should be considered a utility and should be covered by free speech laws

Anyone who resorts to the sophomoric argument you're using is either underage, a fascist or plain retarded

Just keep in mind that no one will help you when they shut down your bank account, internet access, phone subscription etc. because you posted something they don't like
>>
>>62133551
1) there's enough of them that no one has to accept their views for them to be a problem
2) their influence on other people is no longer the issue here
3) they already ARE violent, and the police forces already ARE cracking their skulls wide open, and it sure doesn't seem to be slowing them down at all
yeah sorry to burst your bubble but the day of the rope is today
>>
What the fuck does reading racist literature have to do with going to Mars?
>>
>>62133619
The USSR, Venezuela, and pretty much every Eastern European socialist nation was under constant siege by Capitalist forces since WW2.

China is still there, but I bet you are going to cite Forbes and Business Insider or some other propaganda rag about how they are ackshyally Capitalism cuz Special Economic Zones hurf durf.
>>
>>62133628
There is no truth, only circumstances that help the self. Convincing others is used to manipulate them to work towards the self's goals not reach truth. Discourse outs you as an easy target and nothing more. What do you think you achieve by posting in this thread?

Take note, I am apolitical and I have no dog in this fight.
>>
>>62133690
Postmodernism is a walking corpse, friendo. May as well call me a nazi while you're at it.
>>
>>62133618
Yes but the laws needs to be changed because they weren't meant for a world where a few companies control all the information flow
>>
>>62133625
medicare is a major contributing factor to high prices because the federal government has no incentive to drive costs down bc they can tax the populace more and the healthcare providers can charge more money bc now the people are receiving money from medicare.

a single payer system is literally in place already there 2 private health insurance providers left ALL the rest use the federal marketplace and costs have skyrocketed bc of it.
transportation, agro and other only equal 9% of mandatory spending (MS) but but medicare and health services equal 38% of MS which is 65% of the total debt of the country
>>62133641
>That is just asking for these kinds of dilemmas. So the real problem isn't "muh censorship," it's unrestrained capitalism.
fuck off the federal government doest need to nor should it run everything
>>
>support speech for all political sides
>people call me a literal Nazi for this
Lmao I'm a free speech Nazi. How do I sign up for the SS boys?
>>
>>62133704
the laws dont need to be changed its just that more people need to be creators rather then consumers. openDNS isnt "too big to fail" so others can take its place, hopefully sooner rather then later
>>
People crying and acting out against the dailystormer have done more to advertising it in the last few weeks than the people running it have managed in years. Besides having a honeypot like dailystormer is useful in the end game.
>>
freedom of speech =/= obligation to provide a platform

cry moar
>>
>>62133697
Labels are just abstractions to make it easier to reject or accept things which one views uncomfortable. Spoken word is manipulation, that is its prime use. Stop listening and look, what do you see?
>>
>>62132363
Yeah but a DNS server blocking it is like, waaay different. I can see the whole "they don't have to host your shit or support you as a customer" as an argument, even if I disagree with it, but they are not a customer of OpenDNS. They aren't paying OpenDNS, openDNS is just deciding to block their users from reaching a site. That's not okay, at all.i mean, none of this is okay, but that's really not okay.
>>
Anyone else find it ironic that Dailystormer is crying for free speech while the first thing they would do if they came into power would stifle free speech?
>>
>>62133682
The USSR was destroyed because Reagan bullshitted about building Star Wars,a missile defense system that would have gave the US a massive upper hand in MAD, so the Soviets tried and failed to catch up to it. Plus invading Afghanistan failed and backfired on us later. Same thing for Eastern Europe.

Venezuela failed because they didn't invest in their oil extracting drills at all (their main source of income, and instead wasted that money on social programs. The US finds massive oil reserves, makes it way cheaper by the gallon by exporting a lot of it and all the OPEC states suffer, including Russia and Saudi Arabia. Unlike Venezuela, however, they were smart enough to move into a different sector of the economy before this happened so now they're only in a recession.

China is a mixed model nation, based on the policies of Deng Xiaopeng in 1975.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deng_Xiaoping#Economic_reforms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Republic_of_China#Economy
>>
File: 1501749007723.gif (4MB, 615x346px) Image search: [Google]
1501749007723.gif
4MB, 615x346px
>>62132468
>>
>>62133705
>medicare is a major contributing factor to high prices because the federal government has no incentive to drive costs down bc they can tax the populace more and the healthcare providers can charge more money bc now the people are receiving money from medicare.

You're an idiot if you actually believe this.
>>
File: 1488059481039.png (911KB, 984x914px) Image search: [Google]
1488059481039.png
911KB, 984x914px
>>62132305
Why would you want to read absolute horse shit like Daily Stormer anyway?
>>
>>62133762
>cite Wikipedia on China being Capitalist, which only cites Forbes
cool story, bro. Check your sources better.
>>
>>62132468
This.

It doesn't help that none of you idiots are capable of sounding like a rational human being, that doesn't need to scream THE JEWS at everything.

That said, rational people don't believe the shit you believe, but you fuckers make it hard as shit to defend your right to be retarded.
>>
1. the internet should be censorship-free.

2. the dailystormer is either a psy-op to discredit the broader alt-right or a shitty "news" site for retarded larpers.

3. while free speech is of great import, the webhosting businesses refusing to host that site are private entities, and private property is just as important as free speech.

4. if you really support the daily stormer and that autistic andrew anglin kid, start a fundraiser and get him a studio apartment he can fill with server racks.

5. better yet, stick with intelligent and useful alt-right / paleo-conservative outlets like amren, takimag, unz, and vdare, and donate your money to them.
>>
Holy moley what options does that website have left? If everyone blocks them what can they even do?
>>
>>62133796
>china is not capitalist
i forgot china is some socialist paradise where everyone makes a living wage, must be why every capitalist moves production there.
>>
>>62133796
I never said it was Capitalist. I said it had a mixed market, which it does.
>>
>>62133830
use a different dns company
>>
>>62132627
Fascile argument.

OpenDNS does not publish or host anything.
>>
>>62133779
thats not an argument. whether its corrupt politicians who corrupted health care agencies employees or corrupt health care agencies employees that corrupted politicians or if its a mix of both. a sinlge payer system is the holy grail of corruption potential
>>
File: 1502823150475m.jpg (74KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1502823150475m.jpg
74KB, 1024x749px
>>62133825
Agreed on all points.
>>
>>62133779
university prices went up after student loan program initiated because it was a larger check that the universities could get. why would health care be different?
>>
File: 1503861171946.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503861171946.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>62133746
>>
File: 1468299372334.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1468299372334.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>62132305
>Private entity
>Censorship
LMAO. Enjoy that free market you advocate for so much! Enjoy not having the net neutrality you opposed! Get fucked you dumb burger corporatecucks!
>>
>>62132790
>You're right. I still think it's wrong. They're causing no harm by existing. Unless they're advocating or showing tactics to kill people, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to stay. That gets into a bigger argument of what free speech is. Even advocating for killing is free speech, but you've just heavily narrowed the people who want to associate with you once you start doing that.
Found the centrist. Hate speech is not protected under the first amendment anyways, and that's all that these sites are doing.
>>
>>62133552
I hardly see the purpose of the meta-point you're making. The "discussion" at hand is the living of lives.
>but do something
Alright, do the 40 hour work week 9-5, then what? Even if people aren't aware of it, the meaninglessness of decisions and the lack of certainty in anything doesn't mean we stop all discussion or productivity. To stop shitposting just means to start shitting something else and wasting time somewhere, might as well be something enjoyable. Just like your useless post about convincing people to be more useful.
>>
>>62133705
The federal government should run everything people absolutely need and cannot be without under any circumstances. This already includes protection against foreign military bodies by way of our own, protection from one another among ourselves by way of federal and state laws, and protection from the federal government itself, by way of the constitution. In my opinion it should also include things that people need to live and things that people need to exercise freedom, because, you know, life and liberty.
Why should these things fall under the purview of the federal government? First of all, because that is the whole point of the federal government. It would have no reason to exist if not to offer us these protections, and if ever, in great enough numbers, we all agree in finding unjust the particular ways in which it claims to provide these protections, then it's our right to disassemble it, violently if necessary, and erect a new one in its stead.
Secondly because there is no good alternative.
Free market capitalism is not a good alternative. Corporations are just as prone to corruption as the federal government is, but actually more problematic for other reasons. Namely, if *they* ever become tyrannical (and in my opinion they have), we *can't* violently disassemble them, because they own all the facilities we might use to do so. Military rule, of course, presents the same problem, but a thousandfold.
As for anarchy -- that most extreme form of democracy in which all people directly rule over themselves, and no one else, as their own inalienable elected officials -- it's unstable and would resolve to fascism very quickly.
>>
>>62133672
>yeah sorry to burst your bubble but the day of the rope is today
And McCarthy's Communist's are going to launch an American Bolshevik Revolution
>>
>>62133897
That's a terrible strawman, ancaps, ancoms and libertarians don't agree with this.
>>
>>62132363
but the tor ops never did such a thing for other certain sites that was selling drugs or other sites with pedo material
isnt a bit STRANGE?
>>
>>62133926
No, actually. The communists have quieted down and are a bunch of softies for now. Probably because Bernie Sanders BTFO.
The neo-nazis on the other hand are an immediate threat
>>
>>62133914
> Corporations are just as prone to corruption as the federal government is, but actually more problematic for other reasons. Namely, if *they* ever become tyrannical (and in my opinion they have), we *can't* violently disassemble them
What are anti-trust laws?
>>
File: 1503937658678.jpg (65KB, 625x550px) Image search: [Google]
1503937658678.jpg
65KB, 625x550px
>OK, so there's this thing called the internet
>it's a network of computers, whose access to is controlled by shadowy unknown parties, and you must pay another shadowy unknown party in order to access these computers.
>Don't worry, they wont do the kind of things large corporations always do.

Who could have foreseen these kinds of things happening?

Face it, the internet/web was always going to either collapse due to complexity, or consolidate around a few mega-corps.
>>
>>62133954
stuff that has been pretty thoroughly defanged by corporate money and needs to be rearmed and enforced more
>>
>>62133954
Calling cards for the federal government to come in and save our asses if the corporations ever become tyrannical.
Supposedly.
Personally I'd say they're now effectively null and void since lobbying is now so OP that the federal government is effectively assembled by the corporations.
>>
>>62133904
there is no such thing as hate speech in the usa see Matal v. Tam

>>62133914
>anarchy -- that most extreme form of democracy
anarchy is not democratic by its very nature. i just think more government power doesnt fix what you are fighting againt which is the human heart.. some eggs are bad and those bad eggs love a massive government
>>
>>62133953
But during McCarthy's time, the same exact logic was applied to the communists as they are to these Neo-Nazis now, which caused a Streisand Effect and made more popular in the long run. George Santayana said not to repeat stupid mistakes. Listen to him.
>>
>>62133996
so then the solution would be to limit the fed gov form colluding not to give the gov more power over the orgos that they collude with
>>
>>62133912
You're looking to fill your time, not make us of it. Sit alone in quiet and think how your time may be utilized best.

Try it once, that's all I ask.
>>
File: 1503899041608.jpg (121KB, 1000x912px) Image search: [Google]
1503899041608.jpg
121KB, 1000x912px
>>
>>62132305
nigga just change your DNS
>>
>>62134017
That's incomparable. The communist witch hunting was witch hunting. The problem with witch hunting is that it ruins the lives of people who turn out not to even have been witches. In the case of neo-nazis, it's not even a witch hunt, it's witch whack-a-mole. The witches are publicly outing themselves as witches and then getting pissy that there is an appropriate response. No one is being hunted because no hunting is necessary.
>>
>>62132305
What's the problem? Fuck those racist assholes
>>
im surprised we dont have a DNS hosted on a block chain system or via a p2p ledger on zeronet or i2p
>>
>>62134145
The problem is that he is incapable of changing his DNS
>>
>>62134037
If there is ever a federal government that needs to be limited then it needs to be fucking disestablished by force.
If that's the federal government we have today then let's fucking do it.
The federal government should be big and have a lot of power and it should ALSO be a moral paragon and adequately represent the people who elected it at all times. If the latter of these qualities is ever lacking then the government has been corrupt and needs to be beat the fuck down.
The solution is not to cripple our protections against corporate, foreign, and/or military oppression. That's never the solution. We either strengthen and/or maintain them, or, if that becomes inadvisable, we replace them, and proceed to strengthen and/or maintain the new ones.
>>
File: Zeronet_homepage.png (74KB, 450x321px) Image search: [Google]
Zeronet_homepage.png
74KB, 450x321px
>>62134163
the ledger would slowly gather ip to domain name adresses

the only issue i suppose is people changing the ledger
so we would either have it compare the ledger to multiple people in the chain to verify or we would have to have it administered

which could be seen as a threat of tyranny later on

id be greatful to get more input on this guys without all of the politcs involved
>>
File: 1378733998758.jpg (77KB, 966x750px) Image search: [Google]
1378733998758.jpg
77KB, 966x750px
>>62132738
yeah that one
>>
>>62134184
naw force isnt the only way you are being too extreme, laws still work we just need more laws limiting abuse. i disagree with your other statement about growing fedgov. why not just move to another country like the uk that does these things that you like?
>>
>>62134184
>be a moral paragon and adequately represent the people who elected it at all times
are you sure that's not an oxymoron
>>
File: Screenshot_20170828-194801.png (507KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170828-194801.png
507KB, 720x1280px
Works just fine familia.
>>
dailystormer are a bunch of attention seeking faglords. https://www.onlinenic.com/ will only suspend a domain registration under court order. he only tried like 2 registrars and then cried it was impossible for him to have a normal domain.
>>
>>62132982
>It really doesn't even matter what the constitution says
Yeah, you need to find yourself a rope and a strong tree branch
>>
OpenDNS block loads of things, they even advertise that as a feature, and have for fucking years. Your ISP probably don't (except maybe cheese pizza). Even Google Public DNS don't.

Now fuck off back to /pol/, stormfags.
>>
>>62132666
>forced to publish and support
They're not publishing shit, they're forwarding a domain name to a fucking IP address.
They're not supporting shit, they're forwarding a fucking domain name to a fucking IP address.

Stop trying to play the moral high-ground card. I don't really give a fuck what OPs site is about, nor do I probably agree with him but I'll defend his right to have a different opinion than I do to my death.

You know for a fucking fact that you would be shitting yourself if your MLP fansite or CNN or whatever was not being forwarded by a DNS, Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

But I'm sure you have "Punch your Local Nazi" in your twitter name right now, so you're doing your part, right?

Stop being a little shit and accept that other people are going to think different things than you, have a real discussion with them instead of just trying to force them to stop talking.
>>
>>62132305
So basically you are a nazi fan/supporter/member, anon-asshole?
Good that the world doesn't do as you wish for a moment.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.