[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to setup a program on automate, which will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ic_launcher-256.png (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ic_launcher-256.png
8KB, 256x256px
I'm trying to setup a program on automate, which will be able to detect when a sound is released from the speakers, but I get the error "java.lang.runtimeexception:Cannot initialize Visualizer engine, error : -3". What am I supposed to do pls ?
>>
Use the new keyboard
>>
>>62128603
Did you read ?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>62128317
Why not just grep for that line on the output?. you're making it much more complicated than you should.
>>
>>62129849
"grep for that line on the output" ? I dont get it dude
>>
>>62129920
>'m trying to setup a program on automate, which will be able

Well.. the problem is not clear enough. This is what i imagine it means:

Run program.
Some error happens and amongs the output you get that debug line (Cannot initialize...).

If that's the case:

theprogram 2&> | grep "Cannot initialize Visualizer engine" ; [ $? -ne 0 ] && torunonerror.sh

2&> | redirects stderr to grep or is at least what i'm trying to do. I always forget the syntax for that.

However, the main problem here is that the problem is not clear enough. Is that debug line showing up when listening for the sound or when running the program?. Can you not put a check in the program, something like a try,catch thing? i think java has that...

Are you developing the offending program? can you not fix the problem at the source?

I still think that listening for a specific sound is the most complicated way to do whatever you're trying to do.
>>
Why not use Tasker?
>>
You have no idea what you're doing, do you.
>>
: - 3
oWo
>>
Ok so, it looks like my pb isnt clear, let me write it again :
I'm working on ANDROID, on the app AUTOMATE. I have an app which, when some conditions are filled, make a noise in the speakers of the smartphone. I want to make a program with AUTOMATE, which will wait until it hear the sound, and then do some actions. The problem is that the only block on automate, which is able to hear a sound, is "Sound Level ?", but in this block; the option for listen to the speaker itself and not the microphone, give me the error I wrote in the first post.
>>
>>62130286
>I'm working on ANDROID, on the app AUTOMATE. I have an app which, when some conditions are filled, make a noise in the speakers of the smartphone. I want to make a program with AUTOMATE,

Are you making the other app? is there any other way to 'connect' them that isn't sound?.

Listening for generic sound (level/volume) is simple, but listening for a specific sound is more complicated.

This is something rediculous to try:
Record yourself saying 'dothething' and save it in the phone.
change the notification sound on the first app to the 'dothething' recording.
Try to configure automate to listen for 'dothething'. The idea is use voice recognition, if automate has it.

Regarding the microphone/speaker thing. i suppose automate could intercept the sound output and run actions according to that. i imagine its purpose is to lower the volume if some song is too loud.
IF that is the case, it will not work.

If you are developing the other app, use intents. With those you can run other apps with some specific parameters. Maybe there's a mechanism to run a specific Automate program from another app.

And i still think that you're using the wrong tools for the job.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.