[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Microsoft is powerful enough to get any info about any piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (45KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 470x470px
>Microsoft is powerful enough to get any info about any piece of computer hardware
>yet they still need to collect an ass ton of telemetry data
Something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>62124170
>Thinking this is limited to Microsoft...

First thought is info on a failed update and data on how it was automatically repaired.
>>
They're collecting the data from the tasks your processor(s) are completing for Microsoft/whoever.
>>
It's about collecting usage data to sell to advertisers.
>>
File: bebe.png (46KB, 324x354px) Image search: [Google]
bebe.png
46KB, 324x354px
>>62124170
#woke
>>
File: 1503884105103.jpg (19KB, 252x244px) Image search: [Google]
1503884105103.jpg
19KB, 252x244px
>>62124170
They gotta help me get the best Windows Experience brah.
>>
Well ya, no one cares about your Ripjaw exteme XXL gamer ram, they want to know what you do and how you process advertising content. Like, for instance, if you dont use edge as your main browser, but if its, say, set to the default browser through the microsoft mail app, and you open a link from an email and it opens in edge, more times than not you will just keep using it for the duration of your internet consumption period. Multiply that by a few million people and you have an extremely accurate and reliable sample, which in itself is extremely reliable.

Corporations and the government are always looking for reliable data for basically everything, and since it can be skewed so easily, unbiased results are sold at a premium
>>
>>62124307
>which in itself is extremely reliable*

valuable*
>>
>>62124170
I actually don't dislike Microsoft now. They're starting to adopt Open Source software and their cloud services are neat.

Google's taken Microsoft's spot as Evil Incarnate and it's too bad.
>>
>>62124723
What open source software are they adopting? I haven't heard of this.
>>
>>62124307
This
>>
>>62124170
You're right, but it would cost them millions to do concurrent testing of software on thousands of configurations to find bugs before their userbase does.

When instead they could get that telemetry when a crash or anomaly occurs and then set up and test the configuration based on that data.
>>
>>62125930
Have a list of their repos
https://opensource.microsoft.com/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.