[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installed unbound on openwrt, how to check if the thing works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0994.jpg (162KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0994.jpg
162KB, 640x1136px
Installed unbound on openwrt, how to check if the thing works
>>
>>62114691
change /etc/resolv.conf, use dig or drill
>>
i didn't configure anything just ran this shell script
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/unbound#failures_for_dnssec-secured_domains
besides this i also got DNScrypt. just throwing this out there in case it conflicts or some bs. at least DNScrypt still works.
>>
File: IMG_0406.jpg (53KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0406.jpg
53KB, 640x637px
>>62114707
resolv.conf was disabled bc of dnscrypt
what do you mean dig drill and change
>>
>>62114721
>>62114780
go configure it properly. read the man page and look at the openbsd default config as an example: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openbsd/src/master/etc/unbound.conf. you want to chain dnscrypt and unbound, so change dnscrypt-proxy's listen port and change the forward-zone to use dnscrypt-proxy. read https://dnscrypt.org/ under "Using DNSCrypt in combination with a DNS cache".
/etc/resolv.conf isn't "disabled", it's the file that specifies the resolver used for all libc dns queries. this should read "nameserver 127.0.0.1" to use unbound for dns queries.
drill/dig are programs that run test dns queries, which tell you whether your dnssec validation works.
>>
Posting pics of underage girls is forbidden
>>
File: b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>62114959
>>
>>62114691
>(((she)))
>(((her)))
>>
>>62114866
what I meant with the resolv thing is that the dnscrypt tutorial on the wrt wiki tells you to add a # before that value to disable it, that was my last interaction with it lol.
and thanks for all the info we need more anons like you ^^
>>
>>62114866
Is it safe to disable dnssec on /etc/dhcp after installing unbound or is that completely unrelated?
Same question but regarding dnsmasq, can't we just uninstall it once unbound is up?
>>
>>62115205
don't know about dhcpd and dnssec, but dnsmasq and unbound serve the same purpose. use one or the other
>>
File: 1502792687148.png (131KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1502792687148.png
131KB, 396x385px
>>62114691
>ciara
>eliza
jesus you poor soul
>>
>>62114691
>posting attention whoring coal burners
>>
>>62114691
who's the qt3.14??

that's my exact type
>>
>>62114866
giving up anon, this shit just doesnt work, already wasted 3 days on it and now im getting the ISP DNSs for whatever random reason. already did everything. i guess some dnsmasq shitty conflict doesnt let unbound work but too lazy to disable everything one by one to check what it is

will wait til a compiled version and just use dnscrypt for now but thanks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.