[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /g/ ever attached little heatsinks to their laptop heatsink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: heatsink mod laptopp.jpg (146KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
heatsink mod laptopp.jpg
146KB, 1000x750px
Has /g/ ever attached little heatsinks to their laptop heatsink so they could stay cooler?
>>
>>62114260
I did once. I used to have this laptop where the GPU heatsink was a flat metal tube. I put a heatsink from a mobo chipset inside of it to get some fin area. It didn't really help, I think it restricted the airflow too much.
>>
>>62114260
Just use a cooler pad and better thermal paste
>>
>>62114260
Add another set of heatpipes
>>
No, but I've attached those heatsinks to exposed chips and components to increase their lifespan.
>>
>>62114260
Is there any noticeable difference?
>>
File: nhu9b.jpg (34KB, 400x468px) Image search: [Google]
nhu9b.jpg
34KB, 400x468px
>>62114260
You don't want to cool the hot end of a heatpipe, you want it to be the cooler end. You can't do that on your pic though.
Spreading heat on the hot side makes the heatpipes less efficient and the fan less useful, rising the average temperature instead of decreasing it.

All heatpipe heatsinks work like that, pic related.
>>
>>62114552
What about attaching another heat pipe next to the fan?
>>
>>62114685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM
>>
>>62114685
The little heatsink and fan won't be able to cool it any better anyways.
Those cooling systems are usually made exactly for the power and heat output of the chips they cool in mind.
Unless you are literally using some chink shit that's randomly thrown together where hacks and mods might help.

There is not much you can do. Either make a totally custom cooling, with new fan heat sink and pipes, but just adding stuff to a already working system won't make it much better.
>>
File: 1469182588286.png (397KB, 493x442px) Image search: [Google]
1469182588286.png
397KB, 493x442px
Are you fucking retarded? Think about this for three seconds and you have your answer.
>>
>>62114996
You've clearly never owned a Sony Vaio laptop.
>>
>>62114260 Adding extra heatsinks inside an enclosed box won't help you. All you can do is to improve heat transfer to existing heatsinks. By replacing thermal goo with liquid metal and thermal foam with copper pads.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.