[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What addons do you guys now use on Firefox since 90% of them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: Untitled.png (363KB, 1270x869px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
363KB, 1270x869px
What addons do you guys now use on Firefox since 90% of them don't work anymore
>>
>>62112489
Your own fault for going above stable
>>
>>62112489
Adblocker Ultimate. famlam
>>
>>62112489
>using Firefox
>>
>>62112489
Maybe you shouldn't use Nightly if you're unable to find working version of your add-ons.
>>
>>62112489
There's a webext version up on uBlock's github
>>
>>62112489
>canvas defender
>ublock origin
>mute sites by default
>link cleaner
>google search link fix
>>
>>62112489
What do you use Nightly for? Do you like telemetry and disabling telemetry?
>>
>>62112664
>muh bleeding edge
I guess
>>
File: assange.google.youtube.censoring.jpg (245KB, 1475x1201px) Image search: [Google]
assange.google.youtube.censoring.jpg
245KB, 1475x1201px
why is no one talking about this?

we need to find alternatives quickly
i need your help /g/
>>
AdNauseam
>>
>>62112705
try >>>/pol/
>>
>>62112715
>As the collected data gathered shows an omnivorous click-stream, user tracking, targeting and surveillance become futile.

Doesn't that still mean that every single tracking network knows which sites you visited? Why is that a good thing?
>>
>>62112722
>freedom of speech and ideals being silenced by a AI bot that scans every single frame
>not tech related
i thought you guys were anti skynet
>>
>>62112705
>using social features on a video streaming site
Please like & share my comment. please.
>>
>>62112737
Gas yourself.
>>
To open with mpv a webpage, I use:

External Application Button (WebExtension) 0.1.7

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/external-application/?src=ss
>>
What's the best webextension alternative to Greasemonkey. Tampermonkey? Violentmonkey?
>>
File: 1503511740423.jpg (42KB, 648x317px) Image search: [Google]
1503511740423.jpg
42KB, 648x317px
>>62112489
>>
>>62112934
Violentmonkey is open source
>>
>>62112963
You probably also still use Windows XP
>>
>>62112975
Aren't all Firefox extensions licensed under some open source license?
What stops you from just unzipping the .xpi file and looking at the code?
>>
>>62112995
I thought so too but apparently not? Do they use obfuscated (non-free) JavaScript or is the addon technically still open source since the xpi can be unpacked but the license just doesn't allow people to modify or reuse the code?

>This repository contains the source of the Tampermonkey extension up to version 2.9. All newer versions are distributed under a proprietary license.
>>
>>62112737
>i thought you guys were anti skynet
And why exactly are you using Youtube?
>>
>>62112705
It's called vid.me, youtube-dl, etc.
>>
>>62113370
I just checked. You can look at the javascript code no problem, but all variable names have been obfuscated.
>>
>>62112734
They get flooded with unreliable information. PRISM for example is going to collect domains that you connected to but never actually visited. If some agent looked at a list of places you've been, they'd have to wade through an ocean of fake results.

Similarly, ad websites, aside from being refunded money from Google's pocket, would have a lot of junk data on fake clients.
>>
>>62112963
>32 bit
>Windows past 7
>>
>>62113523
>PRISM for example is going to collect domains that you connected to but never actually visited.
implying metadata doesn't include length of stay and they don't filter out unimportant shit like ad networks anyway

>lot of junk data on fake clients
From the perspective of an ad network you look just like a user without adblocker. They can still create a pretty good profile based on the websites you visit.
>>
>>62112645
>>62112619
why even using nightly? what's the deal?
>>
File: untitled.gif (18KB, 626x326px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.gif
18KB, 626x326px
>>62112979
Jokes on you
>>
>>62113588
>implying metadata doesn't include length of stay
Stop talking about shit you don't know about, Agent Norton. There is absolutely no way to know length of stay unless the page itself pings of streams information which 99% of pages do not.

>unimportant shit like ad networks anyway
Yeah, like the ad site domain is going to say AD in big bold letters or something that lets them know.

>From the perspective of an ad network you look just like a user without adblocker. They can still create a pretty good profile based on the websites you visit.
Google can because they actually see every ad they serve you. They can do this even WITH an adblocker because the ads still get served to you even if you ultimately end up hiding them with uBlock.

The ad sites paying Google for the ads will see you but they'll also see a bunch of other fake Ad Nauseum users too. A single ad site can only see the people IP of who clicks their ads and can't track you across the web the way that Google can.

In anycase, I know Google is scared of this new tactic since it undermines the confidence in their shitty ad-system. Not surprised their campaign to spread FUD has already begun.
>>
File: 1489675090630.png (2KB, 253x72px) Image search: [Google]
1489675090630.png
2KB, 253x72px
>>62112489
The only important stuff that is not updated to >57 is Image Search Option and uBlock Origin even if there are working webext beta versions. Most of my stuff are userscripts and tampermonkey works even with firefox >57 so I'm totally fine
>>
>>62112489
>firefox
Chrome + Windows 10 is the master race, pleb
>>
>>62112489
privacy badger
stylus
smart https
ublock origin
vimium
violentmonkey

>90% of them don't work anymore
that's unmaintained indian crapware. nothing of value was lost
>>
>>62112737
>i thought you guys were anti skynet
You thought wrong
>>
>>62113659
>There is absolutely no way to know length of stay unless the page itself pings of streams information which 99% of pages do not.
At least Google Analytics does. They record length of visits, bounces etc.

>Yeah, like the ad site domain is going to say AD in big bold letters or something that lets them know.
Lists of ad domains aren't hard to come by. I doubt poeple at the NSA are too stupid to copy and paste EasyList or something into their tools.

>Google can because they actually see every ad they serve you. They can do this even WITH an adblocker because the ads still get served to you even if you ultimately end up hiding them with uBlock.
Looks like you don't actually know what uBlock does.

>can't track you across the web the way that Google can.
Google or any other big ad network.

>I know Google is scared of this new tactic since it undermines the confidence in their shitty ad-system
How do you KNOW that? I can't imagine it would be very hard for them to detect this kind of fuckery.
>>
>not stopping updates in settings
One job anon
>>
>>62112489
I only use uBlock Origin. There's no need for anything else. It should actually come integrated into Firefox seeing how it's the best browser addon in general.
>>
>>62112489
>firefcuk
>not using waterfox
Nigga pls.
>>
>>62112737
All of then are just Leftists shills trying to hide the truth.
>>
>>62114304
>All of then are just Leftists shills trying to hide the truth.
It's funny though, I seem to remember lots of non-leftists defending Google and Microsofts sleazy practices. In particular, I remember supporters of President Trump,being in favor of the recent net neutrality bullshit, which would allow Comcast (owners of leftist MSNBC) to rape and censor you with the fury of a rabid homosexual. Hypocrisy is a vile, vile, thing, especially in the name of defending someone elses dollars instead of defending everyones freedom.
>>
>>62112489
>since 90% of them don't work
That's because 90% of the addons are literal trash. Ublock is already ported to webextension format. Stuff like decentraleyes and greasemonkey are being ported and they have webextension alternatives you can get right now.

The only thing I'm missing is a (good) rss reader addon.
>>
I'm on the last Nightly on which tree style tabs were still working for me (04.08 iirc).
Pretty comfy.
>>
>>62112489
>ABP
>NoScript
>HTTPS Everywhere
>OpenWith

The only one I'm worried about not converting to webext is OpenWith.
>>
>>62112489
there's a webext version of ublock origin you know...
>>
I use Ublock Origin ans HTTPSeverywhere

Both of these still work fine on my version of Firefox which is whatever version is the newest. And if I'm being completely honest, I'd prefer Chrome. The only reason I refuse to use chrome is the lack of adblocker. Websites not are covered and infected with annoying pop ups and videos that auto-play. Even on mobile. Shit is just unexcusable
>>
>>62114224
>not stopping updates in .mozconfig
>>
File: WaterFoxAddons.png (62KB, 1623x707px) Image search: [Google]
WaterFoxAddons.png
62KB, 1623x707px
>>62112489
Use Waterfox silly!
>>
all you need:

Ublock origins (webext)
Stylus (stylish webext)
Voilentmonkey
trusty about:config
>>
>>62112737
>freedom of speech
It's not what you think it is

>being silenced by a AI bot that scans every single frame
>silenced
You're not being silenced. The video is still up for everyone to watch.

But most of all. This is a thread about Firefox add-ons. What does your post have to do with it? Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>62114285
>miss-spell your childish insult
>saying nigga

Jamal's opinion discarded.
>>
>>62113776
>At least Google Analytics does
Any analytics scripts gets blocked by even the most normie blocklists. If you aren't blocking Google Analytics (which AN does), then clicking on a few ads is the least of your worries.

>Lists of ad domains aren't hard to come by.
>Ad domains
You mean Google Adsense domains? They just redirect you to the actual ad site, even IBM uses Google AdSense. GOOGLE can see you clicked their redirect but the NSA isn't going to be able to filter a legitimate website at the other end, retard.

>Google or any other big ad network
Google tracks you everytime you load a Google Maps or Yotuube emmbed somebody puts on their site. Use a resource blocker if you want to avoid this.
Ad Nauseam is about hurting confidence in Google's ad network, not hiding your IP.

>How do you KNOW that? I can't imagine it would be very hard for them to detect this kind of fuckery.
FUD
Also pic related

>0.005 Rupees have been deposited in your Punjab & Sind Bank Account.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.