[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automatic weapons were pointing at his head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>and the words, "Get out of bed. Do not touch the keyboard," were ringing in his ears.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-21-the-boy-who-stole-half-life-2-article
wwyd in this situation?
>>
>>62111119
>Germany
lmao
>>
>>62111119
Well, my laptop is boot encrypted, and my battery is completely dead, so the computer powers dies the second the power is pulled. I also have it powered off when it's not in active use. Also, I don't live in an apartment complex, or anything like that.

I guess if they kicked in my door, I would immediately tap the power button, which would shut off the laptop, and leave it fully encrypted.
>>
>>62111214
>what is a cold boot attack

>>62111119
Sure, you wanna see what I'm working on at the moment?
>>
>>62111243
>what is a cold boot attack
A risk, but, given the situation, I don't know else could be done.

That said, I wouldn't steal a game before release, and if I were stupid enough to, I sure as shit wouldn't advertise that I had to anyone else.
>>
>>62111243
>>62111256
I guess you could have
sudo reboot
in terminal, and the second the door crashes, you go to terminal and hit enter. No cold boot attacks then.
>>
>>62111314
*gets shot*
>>
>>62111119
I'm sleepings means my computer is turned off. Good luck.

If I'm awake, just trip the power bar power switch as I stand up with my hands up.
>>
>>62111119
Go out all guns blazing, taking as many pigs as possible with me.
>>
>>62111340
Why? If I'm in bed, I'm not by my front or back door. I would have a couple of seconds before they got to the bedroom.
>>
>>62111119
escape through the 4rd dimension
>>
>>62111354
i thought u meant ur rooms door.
>>
>>62111382
Nah. I'd hear the front door crash. And, even if I didn't, my dog (which is in the kennel next to my bed), would go absolutely nuts over that kind of noise.
>>
Fuck Valve.
I refuse to pay for a digital "copy" of a game. I especially refuse to pay to digitally rent a game from Steam, which is exactly what happens when you pay for a game on Steam.
Games should only be sold physically with the entire games on the discs, with the ability to copy and paste to another disc or flash drive, and they shouldn't require some shitty "service" like Steam or GOG.
Digital only and games not being on the actual discs you buy them on is the exact reason games are sold unfinished, the reason DLC/microtransactions are a thing, and the reason early access (aka paying to test someone's game when devs used to have to pay to test their game) is a thing.
Steam is the new Blockbuster, but at least when you gave Blockbuster money they told you you were only renting the game.
Fuck Steam and any shitty service like it, and fuck anyone who actually gives them money. Steam and the people who support them are a cancer on PC gaming.
>>
>>62111119
>have boot encryption (password, not Yubikey)
>Have terminal open
>type in reboot without pressing enter
>go about business
>when you hear a crash, immediately hit Alt+tab, then hit enter in terminal.
>fully comply with all orders except for unlocking the encryption

Also, if I pirated the game before launch, you can bet your ass that I wouldn't have gone and published pics and the like. That's asking for trouble.
>>
>>62111119
>Schwarzwald
Blacked

>>62111451
>A game on a disc is somehow not a digital copy
At most the disc is some kind of token.
>>
>>62111256
You haven't read the article. He didn't publish the source code
>>
>>62111119
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>>
>>62111119
Пpocниcь, aнoн. Tы oбocpaлcя
>>
>>62111601
>To this day, Gembe maintains he was not the person who uploaded the source code to the internet. But there's no denying he handed it over to whoever did.
Once again, if I had done that, nobody would have known.
>>
>>62111451
>I especially refuse to pay to digitally rent a game from Steam
Buy it off GOG then. Everything on there is DRM-free and the GOG client is 100% optional (you can download directly from the website if you want). It can't fix the problem of devs releasing incomplete games but at least you own the shit you buy.
>>
>>62111214
>>62111526
>implying you still have the right to remain silent and don't give your encryption password in 2017

Enjoy your life '''''sentence''''' ;)

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/05/feds-say-suspect-should-rot-in-prison-for-refusing-to-decrypt-drives/
>>
>>62111675
The only way that happens is when decrypting the drives is a forgone conclusion - meaning someone made an affidavit saying that they saw what the person had on his PC.

This kid stole the code, bragged about it to a friend, literally called Gabe to tell him he did it, and how he did it, in the hopes of getitng a job. In the States, at least, that STILL wouldn't be good enough to get an order to decrypt. It would literally take someone writing an Affidavit that they SAW it on a specific computer in order to get the decrypt order.

And remember, whomever makes that affidavit is putting their nuts on the chopping block, because if he's caught lying, that's perjury.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.