[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have any of you tried brave and is it worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: brave.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
brave.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
have any of you tried brave and is it worth?
>>
>>62108559
Android version is good. All other versions are shit.
>>
>>62108559
Oooh finally a Brave post.

I've been using the desktop version for the past week. It's considerably better and more stable than last month.

Side by side though chrome is still a bit faster and stable but still uses a bit more memory.

Brave will definetly be my normal use browser as I make the move to de-google most of my shit.

There are a few features it's missing though which you find out yourself as they're too small to really talk about.

Go a week with brave, mess with the settings. I think most people who are mostly even a bit intelligent will love it come it's "full release"
>>
Opera on Android got a shitty UI overhaul recently, so I started using Brave on a whim. It's fine. I'll probably keep using it as my main mobile browser.
>>
File: 1473653958866.webm (823KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473653958866.webm
823KB, 640x480px
>>62109563
Yep, same here. Been using Brave on WiFi and Opera Mini when I'm on LTE.
>>
>>62108559
It is okay (especially on Android). However there are some missing features that keep me from using it myself.
>No userscript manager or userscript support of any kind
>Script blocking available, however does not provide the flexibility or features of a tool like NoScript or uMatrix
>No AdNauseum, Decentraleyes and other addons one may get from regular browsers
>Not as many customization options compared to Firefox

Personally I'm using Waterfox since it is essentially Firefox without the bullshit
>>
>>62109563
this. initial startup on pc is fucking ass for me compared to any other browser
>>
>>62108559
It's the only browser on Android with built-on ad-blocker that ACTUALLY blocks ads.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I kind of avoid it now that it gets shilled pretty hard. I don't know whether if /pol/niggers or paid Indian technicians are making these threads but it kind of makes me sick to see this thread everyday. Take it to Reddit, please.
>>
I once submitted feedback to them via email before you needed an account on their forum to make a public thread about it, but I didn't like their response. Their response to something I asked for was they won't add it, because avoiding is is more "staying in line with modern browsers". They also straight didn't acknowledge some of the other quality of life things I asked for such as a tab of a direct image being centered and the negative space being dark or black, or of adding an in-browser fullpage screenshot option.

The way their handled this and their philosophy they betrayed to me seems selfish and arbitrary, as well as not responding to all my "Will you please add X functionality" questions seems intellectually dishonest, perhaps hoping I'd forgot I'd even asked such questions, but they were all in a list...
>>
>>62110927
By the way sorry for not clarifying this but the quote is probably paraphrasing. I've considered just posting the email and my feedback the first time I'd shared this but my speech was pretty personal and friendly so I was embarrassed (and don't know if it and my email is public, risking spam)
>>
Tree Style Tabs is the only thing holding me to Firefox (Waterfox)
>>
>>62109679
How much per post?
>>
>>62108559
another chromium reskin
>>
>>62108559
>have any of you tried brave
Yes
>and is it worth?
No.
>>
Brave is great. Privacy-focused, great design, great UI, great people working on it.

The big problem right now is stability. I'll be using it as my main browser as it gets more stable.
>>
>>62108559
fuck DRUMPF
>>
File: 1432081731402.jpg (118KB, 668x623px) Image search: [Google]
1432081731402.jpg
118KB, 668x623px
>>62108559

It's getting sold to google.

Just so you faggots know.
>>
>>62114015
Proofs, tovarisch?
>>
To quote yesterday's post:

Tried brave today, multiple versions. It's still chock-full of bugs, including the manually compiled master branch.
Pages randomly turn white and become unresponsive even with the proposed fixes in place. Ctrl+f is slow. Hit ctrl+t twice and the URL bar won't be highlighted. URL suggestions often don't work for no reason or flat out disappear. Switching to a new tab flickers about half the time. Page logos (eg WhatsApp) often don't load. No auto scroll support on Linux. UI looks good but feels cranky. Also, can't add custom lists, only filters.

How a browser can be so utterly unusable yet so popular boggles the mind.

It IS a very promising browser but it should be in alpha.
>>
>>62114679
I don't have any of those problems?
>>
>>62113255
What do you mean?
>>
>>62114705
>I don't have any of those problems?
It's on Linux.
As for the white page problem, you probably don't have an AMD GPU then. This is no excuse though, Chromium works just fine here, and muon is based on electron which in turn is based on chromium.
>>
>>62114705
On this >>62114774 note, some of the bugs I listed (eg: slow ctrl+f) are on the roadmap and will be improved upon, but until then, it will remain buggy.
>>
>>62114774
Oh I figured I was about to say "muh Linux driver support"

Yeah I do have a nvidia gpu at the moment. The browser is still in development tho. Contact the devs I guess.

Give it time i say
>>
>>62108559
competitive on mobile
too many other good options on Desktop for it to be truly competitive. it's ok, though. maybe it'll be good in a few years.
>>
>>62108559
it's trash stop shilling
>>
>>62108559
>>62108559

using it currently. "worth" depends on you. Even though people say "AHH THE BOTNET ADS" it's disabled by default. I personally don't see privacy being an issue because if it were, Yan Zhu probably would not be working at Brave.
She wrote privacy badger, https everywhere, secure drop, etc, worked for EFF.

But really:
stripped chromium spying
added some speed buffs
built in adblocker that does the job
built in httpseverywhere

cons:
no extension support unless you build from source
some bugs here and there

to me it's more smoother than chrome and ff.
>>
>>62109563

The Android bubble format annoys the fuck out of me, but am fine with the desktop version. What am I missing?
>>
>>62108559
It's placebo
>>
>>62114726
shekels per post
>>
>>62108559
Started using it a week ago because I'm distancing myself from Google and it's pretty good. I have random lags and I miss some extensions but it's pretty good nonetheless.
>>
>>62114015
>It's getting sold to google.
Where's the sauce, mate?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.