[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SharePoint still relevant in 2017? My company uses it as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: SharePoint.png (76KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
SharePoint.png
76KB, 800x537px
Is SharePoint still relevant in 2017? My company uses it as a glorified RSS feed and has a few "general information about topic xy" Word documents on it. If there is potential, I'm sure we're wasting it.
What does your company do with SharePoint, or are you using an alternative?
>>
>>62103779

SharePoint admin here, it only ''works'' if the entire company is using it and people keep using it, if it slips away it will become abandoned with lightning speed.
Also you need a good admin that knows what the possibilities of SP are and is able to integrate them perfectly.
>>
>>62105780
This is correct. It requires staff with deep knowledge of the product and a workplace that is willing to commit to it.

Most places use it as a glorified file server. The problem is that SharePoint was designed with the technology and workplace sensibilities of the early to mid 2000s and their core philosophy has not changed since. They're making an effort to rebuild the product in SharePoint online but it's going to take a while. Compare administrating and using Google Docs and SharePoint and you may better understand what I mean.
>>
The place i work at uses it for access requests, knowledge/feature docs, and code manifests for production. Could be worse I guess. Kinda sucks that most of the stuff only works in I thought.
>>
You'll probably end up doing what my work is doing, accept that it is something you'll never be rid of now and so you push it onto Azure so that every time Microsoft releases a patch that fucks up the Sharepoint server it is their fucking problem.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.