[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ISP Privacy and VPNs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: b7e528a9adc2.jpg (51KB, 550x349px) Image search: [Google]
b7e528a9adc2.jpg
51KB, 550x349px
What's the absolute worse thing that a US based ISP can do to someone who actively pirates DMCA'd content?
If the only protection is to pay for a VPN, why not just buy/rent the content?
>>
>>62094400
They can refuse to business with you, cutting you off.

Because 5 movies or 2 video games can cost more than a years worth of VERY expensive VPN.
>>
actually buying/renting forces you to use obnoxious proprietary software, usually requires you to stream it and can't use mpv
>>
>>62094400
They can notify authorities who can grab a search warrant under the table and seize your PC.
>>
>>62094462
Has this really happened, are there any news articles or other reliable sources to confirm this kind of thing?
>>
>>62094482
For which country? I imagine the whole point of such under-the-table dealings is to keep them covert.
>>
>>62094497
Well OP is talking about the United States.
>>
>>62094519
Considering the three major security and intelligence agencies spread viruses to eachother, you can safely assume covert operations on citizens happen regularly.
>>
>>62094535
Fuck man, that's not something a Schizo like me needs to hear. I'm just extra concerned because I'm on a network being paid for by me for the first time. Before it was my sister, and before that my dad, who I technically didn't live with. But, now that my name and credit info is on the line, I'm trying to weigh my options carefully.
>>
>>62094559
The government and private companies have a big eough of a database of you to slam enough shit you have not even heard of against you.
Even if you were a good samaritian, they could fake evidence against you.
The only thing stopping them is that you haven't come out of the statistial american average in any way.
At this point, you'd have to make a second wikileaks and make a profit off it for them to actually consider taking action against you.
>>
You could use a Torrent Cloud service. real-debrid starts for less than 3$/Month.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.