[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is google purposlfully getting adblock banned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

File: Screenshots 1066.jpg (303KB, 759x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots 1066.jpg
303KB, 759x720px
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/1/15726778/chrome-ad-blocker-early-2018-announced-google

do you think they are doing this in an underhanded bid to get ad blockers banned as anticompetitive

all they have to do is block more non-google ads to get someone to sue, and then they've won and adblockers are gone forever

even if you keep your adblocker running from some shady repo, google has won because normies wont use it. and also both chrome and firefox mainstream releases wont allow unsigned addons anyway
>>
>>62087758
Terry Davis was right.

They want us all impotent nigger cattle that can only fart in mud.
>>
>>62087758
(((They)) already blocked AdNauseam:

https://adnauseam.io/free-adnauseam.html
>>
>>62087820
I heard that if you used it they would block ads for you
KEKED
>>
>Advertising company develops software and uses it to block other companies ads
Genius
>>
>>62087820
>hides and clicks
I'm offended I even visted this fucking site.

What a bunch of stupid fucks

>if you pay google, you win.
>>
>>62087758

>do you think they are doing this in an underhanded bid to get ad blockers banned as anticompetitive
No.
A ruling against an advertising company for abusing their position as a browser provider to control the advertising market would not be the end of ad blockers any more than the ruling against Microsoft shilling Internet Explorer in Windows was the end of browsers.

>google has won because normies wont use it
This would be absolutely excellent for ad blockers. The golden age of adblocking was precisely when adblockers weren't used by normies. I don't know about you, but I recall a time when not a website on the Internet asked you to disable your adblocker and certainly none of them refused to give you access to content because of it.

>and also both chrome and firefox mainstream releases wont allow unsigned addons anyway
So? There are plenty of other browsers and this is such a huge issue people will fork to keep it if necessary. Hell, I'll go do it myself if I absolutely have to.
>>
>>62087855
you're a moron.
>>62086094
>>
File: Screenshots 1065.jpg (196KB, 629x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots 1065.jpg
196KB, 629x720px
>>62087855
advertising isnt about clicks its about mental manipulation, clicks are just one way of measuring the amount of successfully brainwashing you have achieved. So by sabotaging that metric you are fighting against the mind controllers

google is so scared of this addon they banned it and also tried to hide their own ads from it
>>
>>62087758
What's her name? I decided I'm going to cum for her five times a day for a week
>>
>>62087888
>it's working! Keep paying google, goys!
sounds like an incredibly obvious trick that would only fool niggers
>>
>>62087758
can u post boys instead of girls thx
>>
>>62087914
okay I tried to find holes in this and I couldn't. I was wrong.
>>
File: google.jpg (367KB, 1216x1224px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
367KB, 1216x1224px
>>62087758
Here's your answer
>>
>>62087867
>The golden age of adblocking....
the golden age of adblocking is when advertisers are defeated forever and never come back

>>62087867
>So? There are plenty of other browsers an...
normies wont use a mysterious fork of firefox or opera or something lol
>>
>>62087820
>Doesn't work in private browsing
What a piece of shit
>>
They're just gonna use their advanced neural nets to filter out all the fake clicks. You really can't win this.
>>
>>62088063
blame your shit browser. use the one with freedom.
>>
>>62088103
It was designed not to click ads if you're in private browsing mode, making it pointless.
>>
>>62088123
so don't use private mote, shithead.
>>
>>62087758
I blame the retards who told the plebs about adblockers.

Nobody would have minded if we we were the only ones to use adblockers, but no.
You just had to tell the fucking plebs and get the ad-jews on the case.
>>
>>62087948
Anyone? Can't retro seqrch right now
>>
>>62088017
>normies wont use a mysterious fork of firefox or opera or something lol
What makes you think I give a fuck about the quality of other people's browsing experience?
>>
>>62087758
>implying govt can do anything about your client side programs

They couldn't stop decss, bitcoin, blowfish, they can't stop ad blocking. At worst they can try to limit distribution in which case it would be hosted in a different country or or become a "generic filter" application that you add the existing blocklist into.
>>
>>62088146
>limit your browsing experience just so you can use an extension that google soon will be able to detect and not count as clicks
>>
File: Screenshots 1048.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots 1048.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>62088169
advertisers ceasing to exist is good for your mental health
also wow uhh controversial opnion here: good things are good

>>62088165
bad attitude
>>
>>62088201
>bad attitude
But am I wrong?

An advantage is not an advantage when everyone gets it.
>>
>>62088211
i think you should either hate advertisers more, or love people more; or both
>>
>>62088201
>>62087758
Shit show, right?
>>
File: New Game! 965.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
New Game! 965.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>62088237
>>
>>62088224
The problem is that I begrudgingly believe that the advertisers have the right to block adblockers and that working around these blocks is like circumventing anti piracy measures.

So the way we could win this was by indulgence, not because using adblockers is a right.

Now that so many people use adblockers, the ad industry is on our tail because they are losing serious cash to this. They wouldn't have been if it was just a couple of people who have some deeper knowledge.
>>
>>62088278
cynically trying to practice mass manipulation is wrong, so all advertising companies forfeit any right
>>
desu i wish people would need to install gentoo to use adblocker, no more war, no more fights with websites, nobody would even try to block adblocker on their websites. only nerds could use it. fuck normies anyway 1-click install is too easy.
>>
>>62088335
actually the war should take to the streets and advertising companies should be physically destroyed and also if you kill advertisers its actually self-defence
>>
>>62087758
>google has won because normies wont use it
So normies will cross-finance my adfree browsing again, nice.
>>
>>62088329
True. But if you brought this to court, this would be over the moment the ad industry mentions "MUH JOBS".
>>
>>62088428
so thats the reason you dont want normies to block ads?
>>
>>62087758
I hope firefox follow them by including ublock by default.
>>
>>62088442
the reason I don't want normies to block ads is because there are so many of them that the ad industry can't ignore them.

The ad industry will win in court, no matter how disgusting it and its practices are, because of muh jobs, muh strong contacts and muh bribes.
They will depict it like all they're trying to do is be helpful to people by showing them products that they're interested in while providing them with "free content", while everyone who uses an adblocker is a filthy, disgusting leech who wants a free lunch.
With the MSM and who knows whom else on their side, they can't possible lose this.
>>
>>62088259
Thanks for confirming
>>
>>62088496
you can tell by the artstyle.

pedo-chic
>>
>>62087758
It looks like their trying to find a compromise. Text ads were never offensive and didn't really bother people. It's when they started flashing, playing music, and being gateways for malware people started actively filtering out requests for them.

>chrome and firefox mainstream releases wont allow unsigned addons anyway

Enable Developer and drag and drop the extension in.

Long story short, set up a Pi-Hole and none of this will ever affect you. The only reason to have an adblocker is to clean up the pages now missing their ads.
>>
>>62088508
lol
>>
This would riminalize 1/4th of the population.
>>
>>62087914
>Loli poster talking about brainwashing
What did he mean by this
>>
>>62087820
>https://adnauseam.io/
>>clicking ads
so you don't have to
>>AdNauseam works to complete the cycle by automating Ad clicks universally and blindly on behalf of its users
why the fuck would anyone use that shit?!?
>inb4 brave
kys
>>
>>62088548
>39% Greece
PAY ADS
Those greasers are all round leeches
>>
File: lets play.png (55KB, 400x1620px) Image search: [Google]
lets play.png
55KB, 400x1620px
>because normies wont use it
Do they use it now? Addons seem like something normies wouldn't use, the only thing I can think of is something like brave where it's preinstalled and preconfigured, and that's not even finished yet let alone has it penetrated the market.

I guess I do hear people on youtube complain about adblock a lot so maybe it's more popular than I think, or maybe they're just big complainers.

I have to go relieve myself because I was already aroused before coming to this thread and these images are making it worse.
>>
>>62088484
Then adblocking will fall into relative obscurity again but there's no realistic way of making it disappear completely.

>>62088237
No, it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>62088599
kek'd
>>
>>62087948
Aoba from New Game!
>>
>>62088587
The concept is so simple, I don't know how people don't understand it. The companies want to know more about you, they spend a lot of money tracking what you do and what you like to better target adverts to you, when you overload this data it's as good as them having nothing.

Time for a food analogy.
>we need to find out what kind of foods Anon likes, send him a picture of an apple and see if he clicks on it
>okay he likes apples
>send a banana
>okay he likes bananas
>Anon seems to like every type of food possible, we can;t just send him all the ads, that's as good as sending them at random and more than likely won't generate any revenue unless he actually does like all these foods and buys all of them
>>
>>62088613
adblock is incredibly popular
millions of downloads at this point
and google realizes it, and understands the frustration users have in regards to them so they want to bake one into chrome
of course, you'll probably still have to install ublock on your own (even if it gets taken from the store, loading it externally) but vast majority just hate the exceptionally invasive ads, not the lil rectangle images.
>>
>>62088700
They still know what kind of sites you visit since you load ads and tracking scripts.
>>
>>62088700
>when you overload this data it's as good as them having nothing.
But that only actually gets rid of the 'targeted' portion. It isn't actually solving anything.
With an actual adblock like ublock, you solve the problem entirely because 1. no personal data, and 2. no ads

it's a fucking jewish solution, adnauseum users are fucking snake oil sellers at this point
>>
>>62087758

This seems like a recipe for an anti-trust suit as no doubt Google ads will magically meet the requirements they set.

Also, it's going to make publishers find more creative ways of displaying ads.

>randomised folder name
>randomised image name and type
>randomised CSS class
>randomised position in HTML
>obfuscated semi-random CSS

Good luck coming up with a way of blocking that without fucking up sites and then coding for thousands of different implementations of this.

Every month you get shitty ad companies that find a new way of making webpages that are 'unclosable' (full screen ads that spam message dialogues that circumvent the alert blocker) for the average user and Google are slow to fix the exploits they use.
>>
>>62088587
>>62088700
Not to mention it burns their clicks, if every ignored ad is a 0 and every clicked ad is a -1 then you'd want to click all the ads because the company is still paying for them but not getting any sales, this means in the short term google profits but the company buying the ad space loses their money, if you do this enough they'll check the statistics
>80% of people click this ad but only 2% buy anything, this is not worth paying for
It's a long con.

>>62088722
Does that matter though? Lets say you're on a video game site, they know you like video games but not what kinds. It only gets them the vaguest picture of what you like, that's the whole point of these adverts in the first place, is to drill down to something more concise, they desperatley want and need this since almost every market is flooded, they don't want to see you "thing" because they can;t, they need to market "specific thing" to you personally because they think you like it and as a result are more likely to buy it.

>>62088730
If it solves the targeting portion, what is the other portion that it doesn't solved that is the concern?
>>
>>62088764
>they don't want to see you "thing"
see -> sell
>>
>>62088764
>>62088782
Maybe a better way of describing it, it's like when people sagebomb a thread and waste posts with off topic content just to contribute to the bumplimit so the thread dies sooner. The only difference is, what if the OP had to pay to make a new thread and they just kept harassing them, growing more and more over time.

Weaponized chaff.
>>
>>62088278
imagine being so cucked you think DMCA is reasonable beyond getting ISPs out of legal trouble
>>
How long until Gorhill mysteriously disappears cause he's too autistic to take bribes?
Hope his opsec is good, at least there's no pics of him.
>>
>>62088259
Pls share all
>>
>>62087758
>even if you keep your adblocker running from some shady repo, google has won because normies wont use it.
It doesn't matter to me if normies use it, so long as I and people I know use them, which I will take care of ensuring.

It might even be slightly better if they "win" because then they may stop trying to find new ways to block adblockers.
>>
File: New Game! 966.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
New Game! 966.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>62089616
>>
>>62089635
i'm a school it admin and i already installed it on like 1400 machines lol
>>
>>62090774
Good.
Schools need this shit to protect their networks.
>>
>all they have to do is block more non-google ads to get someone to sue, and then they've won and adblockers are gone forever

No. If they lose, THEIR adblocker has to go. Such a case could not be used to imply that OTHER ad blockers are anticompetitive, as other adblockers block all ads equally.
>>
File: New Game! 970.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
New Game! 970.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>62091126
adblockers in the official google store that block google competitors ads in the monopolistic google chrome browser

google could allow adblockers in their store until all the competitors ads run out of money

consider this, google is in a unique position to control the adblocker industry. therefore all adblockers must be banned as long as a advertiser controls a monopolistic browser
>>
>>62091182

Here's the thing: you're talking about an anticompetitive lawsuit. Google could be affected by it, but others could not. At worst, Google could be banned from distributing ad blockers in their own web store, but there is no possible way that advertisers could argue that Mozilla, which is both a non-profit and not an advertisement company, is also anticompetitive in distributing ad blockers for its web browser. Similarly, Apple is also not an advertisement company, and so it could not be barred from distributing ad blockers for Safari.

Anticompetitive lawsuits are intended to punish a company, not to punish non-parties to the lawsuit.
>>
>>62091419
even if just google chrome is barred from having adblockers in the official google addon store, google wins seeing as chrome is what like 70% of browsers now
>>
>>62091447

Realistically, anyone who uses an adblocker isn't so much of a normie as to stick with Chrome for that crap.
>>
>>62087758
>Sridhar Ramaswamy, the executive in charge of Google’s ads, writes in a blog post that even ads “owned or served by Google” will be blocked on pages that don’t meet Chrome’s guidelines.

really makes you think
>>
>ban ads
nice one, so they're going to ban the use of routers?
>>
>>62088508
It's funny because she's in her twenties.
>>
how come this thread keeps getting bumped from page 10
>>
>>62088711

I agree with Google on this path they are taking, ads should be less annoying but they should still exist and be able to make money for people who run websites.
Blocking all ads who arent even offensive is overkill and frankly, many people dont even see ads as a bad thing online until they do get annoying.
This can be a win-win situation if you just make ads less annoying.
>>
>>62088746

google has a billion tools to punish people who dont adhere to their new laws.
>>
>>62091489
>pages that don’t meet Chrome’s guidelines
IE; no pages.
>>
>>62093021
>in her twenties
She's fresh out of high school bro. Not even college.

>gets a programming job in a game company without any experience straight out of high school
Things that don't happen.
>>
File: New Game! 973.jpg (73KB, 700x613px) Image search: [Google]
New Game! 973.jpg
73KB, 700x613px
>>62093112
>>gets a programming job in a game company without any experience straight out of high school

thats because she's a genius
>>
File: New Game! 866.jpg (227KB, 850x1220px) Image search: [Google]
New Game! 866.jpg
227KB, 850x1220px
>>62093129
>>62093112
and btw she isnt a programmer she's an artist
>>
>>62093112
>Things that don't happen.
She's Japanese. Japanese corps look at employees as investments rather than disposable resources. The culture is different.
It's still hard to find a job, since if you're not perfect then they don't want to take the risk in investing you if you're just going to flake out after 5 years.
>>
>>62093148
pls upload new game folder
i will love you forever!
>>
Is AdNauseaum safe to use? Im using an old Firefox version with W7 that was last updated about 2 years ago. I mean are the ads contained inside whatever shit that is safe?
>>
File: New Game! 684.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
New Game! 684.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>62093186
i have limited bandwidth sorry
>>
>>62087948
That's a lot of cum.
>>
>>62087852
Any chance they'll get sued for this?
>>
>>62093478
thats the entire point of this thread...
>>
>>62087758
that's actually pretty good, adblockers started because ads are way too obtrusive and they slow down your browsing experience a lot, it wasn't because people didn't want to give them ad revenue
>>
File: 1488537923850.png (32KB, 238x220px) Image search: [Google]
1488537923850.png
32KB, 238x220px
>>62093036
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.