[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pyra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: pyrared.png (351KB, 814x822px) Image search: [Google]
pyrared.png
351KB, 814x822px
Months ago i found this lil guy and saved the page in my bookmarks. I'm curious 'bout the outcome of the project, what do you think 'bout it? I leave here the link to the main site: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/
>>
I like the idea but the keyboard looks shit.
>>
>>62086435
I think it's fantastically cool but out of my price range
>>
>>62086484
Consider that 400 € are just for pre-ordering, the final price should be like 800 more or less for the top ones, and with the addiction of 200-300 you can have a mediam-high tier laptop. Still a really cool thing to have btw! I once bought the poort version of this with a raspberry pi but looked like shit lel
>>
>Comes with Debian Linux
>The Pyra is running a full desktop OS, it's not crippled in any way.

>Debian
>not crippled
>>
>>62086435
Wasn't this thing announced in 2015 or some shit and it is still up for pre-order?

This thing is never coming out....
>>
just another crowdfunding scam that will never see the light of day

with these fucks would just start real companies and stop announcing this vapory bullshit years before its ready
>>
>>62086991
learn to install things ubuntu fag
>>
File: evildr2.jpg (1MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
evildr2.jpg
1MB, 3000x4000px
>>62086435
It costs almost 600€ for the BASE MODEL
It's a dead project run by a autistic (actual)transvestite neckbeard
It had a good idea but is late for about 8 years, far worse off than the Pandora was at launch
It's SoC is literary from 2010/2011
There where already other companies doing same things for half the price and better quality
This thing has been in development for several years, only promises, promises, promises
The same guy who works behind it also worked on the Pandora team and some people to this day haven't gotten their Pandora

What do you think?
Maybe you want to shill more if you think it's still a good device, but obviously you'rse shilling so you can suck more EvilDragon boipussi.
>>
File: 1471375792374.gif (60KB, 230x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471375792374.gif
60KB, 230x270px
>>62087404
>implyong i use ubuntu
>>
>>62087471
If it was already came out and at a lower price it could have been a cool idea, but yea, in 8 years this thing should be able to fly at least
>>
>>62086435
>ARM
literally DOA
>>
>>62086435
Yeah fuck off with that useless piece of shit. It's extremely overpriced for what it is and what it can do. Unless you're a freetard, you're much better off getting a GPD Win or simply any similar priced laptop.

The pyra literally runs 2011 phone hardware, no idea how they have the audacity to price it for $500+
>>
>>62086435
You're better off buying a cheap $200 Chink/Thinkpad, installing Linux on it and a shit ton of emulators for up to 5th gen systems. It's a bit less portable, but it has more USB slots and is of better quality than the Pyra. Plus, it won't be vaporware in 10 years time; you can still use it for emulation
>>
>>62089020
What's the reason of bumping the thread when it was almost dead?
>>
Yeah if you see this thing as a laptop its shit, BUT if you see it as a phone replacement its still cool.
Everyone here knows how shit android and ios are so just to get rid of them its worth it.
>>
>>62089932
No need to keep shilling OP
>>
>>62090035
Sorry, not OP
>>
>>62090035
And if you know of any other device that lets me get rid of android/ios pls let me know.
>>
>>62090135
I don't think people even on /g/ are autistic enough to use such a form factor as a daily phone
>>
>>62090135
Nokia N900, either with updated Maemo or custom Debian.
>>
>>62090196
Can it even load a """modern""" bloated webpage?
>>
>>62090471
We are on /g/, who the fuck visits bloated websites here. But yes, even javascript, CSS, flash and java shit.
>>
>>62086435
Like the OpenPandora that came before it, it's vaporware trash.

If you want a little insight into how shitty the project is run, just look at all the drama that spawned from the OpenPandora, it's the same team with a slightly different device that was already so out of date before it released.
>>
>>62090471
dosen't matter
neither can the pyra
>>
>>62090543
Some people actually got an OpenPandora and it was nice for the time.
This would have been a good upgrade on the OpenPandora if it came out exactly a year latter, not 8+ years.

It's not the same team, it's just one transvestite autistic faggot from the OpenPandora team, I would have better hopes if it was the actual OpenPandora team, minus the idiot who fucked up shipping and this guy who does the Pyra. But this (Pyra) is WAY worse off than the OpenPandora ever was.
>>
>>62090581
It's EvilDragon who fucked it all to begin with and he's still doing the Pyra, so I have no faith in this.

SOME people got theirs, a shitload of people didn't and they were selling a re-tooled more powerful version of the Pandora before a shitload of the folks who were in the pre-order line ever even got theirs.

I'd suggest avoiding the fuck out of anything that EvilDragon lays his/her shitty trans-fingers on.
>>
File: pyra-over.png (119KB, 1523x418px) Image search: [Google]
pyra-over.png
119KB, 1523x418px
>tfw it will run at the same clock speed as the Pandora

>tfw 4gb ram still isn't working

>tfw they are just now starting on the wifi
>>
>>62086435
why not just use a mobile phone? If you really wanted the controller nubs I'm sure there are attachments you could use.
>>
I'd really like one just because supposedly they'll have a version with a cellular modem, and will eventually have phone and SMS applications for it. Botnet-free phone without wading through the swamp of shit that is android, and smartphones in general.

No way in hell I'd part with money before the things is shipping and that's demonstrated to work though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.