[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to still mine some profit even if little with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: conceit.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
conceit.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
Is it possible to still mine some profit even if little with a single card everyday use pc? I have r9 390.
>>
>>62084473
>Is it possible to still mine
Yes
>some profit
Hahahahahahahaha no

Mining is more difficult now by design, especially since more people are doing it with larger rigs. There's no way your little r9 390 can compete with people who own multiple ASIC miners, each hashing 24/7. Bitcoin payouts decrease per block generated, so there's a finite amount of Bitcoin available anyway. That, on top of electricity bills, make it an unsustainable way of making some extra cash.

The main problem is that by the time you've seen a crypto currency jump in price, it's too late. People have already put tons of effort into mining their shares and they've already made a fortune. You're not going to make much.
>>
>>62084473
Yes, but only if you don't pay for electricity.
>>
>>62084473
Yes. Mine eth instead of btc like the faggots in this thread assume you are.
>>
as someone who's never researched it or whatever.

what is the practical use of bitcoins? why is there value attached to them?
>>
>>62084473
Its profitable to mine with a 390 if you mine Ethereum or some other coins that isn't bitcoin. I am doing that right now
>>
>>62085284
Bitcoin like GBP, USD or whatever currency is similar except its more new, not backed up by any goverment and is digital. Like using USD you can even buy houses or anything depending if the seller or vendor accepts that currency. Value is attached to them because it can be used to purshase anomomaly and there other reasons why as well, just like why USD has value in it
>>
>>62085052
etherum cant be mined with ASICs you fuck. lots of alt coins are developed in ways that will never allow asics to get ahead of GPUs. hence the recent craze.
>>
No, these days you need at least 3 GH/s to make any kind of real profit.

A single 390 is like 0.003 GH/s
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.