[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>coworker is setting up her own business >wants her business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1501769265136.gif (286KB, 321x336px) Image search: [Google]
1501769265136.gif
286KB, 321x336px
>coworker is setting up her own business
>wants her business email accessible through gmail
>says the IT firm she contracted aren't helping her even though she paid $3000 for their full service
>asks me to do it
>do it as a favor, all looks good but her email provider from the IT firm isn't authorizing so she specifically needs them to do it on their end
>she still asks how much she owes me
>say I didn't do anything
>she insists I at least take $60 for the 5 minutes I spent on her laptop
>refuse
>find $50 tucked into my desk draw the next day
it must be so easy to take advantage of these people if you wanted to
>>
>>62078148
And that's exactly why you shouldn't.
>>
>>62078148
You have no idea. I usually charge a flat 20 bucks for software work and/or diagnosing hardware issues. I refuse to do hardware work, however, because if I get a part that doesn't work, then I have to either eat the cost of exchanging it, and it isn't worth it at 20 bucks flat.

Anyways, the problems are usually so mind-numbingly simple that it boggles the mind, and takes about 10 minutes to fix, and I COULD charge triple the price and still beat the local repair shop, both in price and time taken for a repair.
>>
>>62078148
Wrong board """blogger"""
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>62078200
This is technology.

Repair thread? Repair thread.
What distro is best for keeping on a flash drive for file recovery, etc?
>>
>>62078148
>>find $50 tucked into my desk draw the next day

Something like that happened to me a few times and I hated it. I had said no, let's think of it as favor, I'm just being nice. And then they go and make it a business transaction. I hate it when favors turn into paid services.
>>
>>62078294
That's why I charge so little. I let them know up front what it's gonna cost them, so that way they don't "feel bad." If you say anything under 20, most people try to "tip" anyways.
>>
>>62078266
I use Mint, as it works wonderfully for Windows. Never had to deal with a Mac, though.
>>
>>62078148
Next time say her to pay yo in sexual favors. You fucking looser.
>>
>>62078360
>looser
How do you know how loose he is?
>>
>>62078367
Anyone who has ever fucked even once is looser than a virgin. Pretty obvious that OP is not the virgin in the thread, logic dictates that he is therefore looser.
>>
>>62078382
this isn't even true.
If you fuck a 6 year old once she will still be tighter than a 50 year old virgin.
>>
>>62078367
He is. In the moment she said "T-thanks anon, how much do I owe you" she was wet af. There is nothing sexier that an alpha male fixing in 5 minutes some poor girl problem that she's being dealing for weeks. He could have said "You owe me a drink, do you want to go out for it later?" she can't say no. But OP is a fucking looser
>>
>>62078412
No if she has been raped before
>>
>>62078414
He didn't fix the problem. He literally just looked at it, and said, "Yeah, it's on your IT firm."

See:
>all looks good but her email provider from the IT firm isn't authorizing so she specifically needs them to do it on their end
>>
>>62078431
That's why you never have to say "I didn't do nothing".
>>
>>62078447
If it still isn't working, then you may as well have done nothing.

When someone gives me their laptop to "fix," and I press the power button, and it just goes from Bios to a "no operating system installed," and I load up linux from a boot drive, and can't detect the hard drive," so I return it and say, "Hard drive is fucked," that doesn't mean that I fixed the problem.
>>
>>62078148

I have a very similar story except I was rewarded with sex, not even joking. I'll kill myself and leave the thread for blog posting now.
>>
>>62078148
Always ask for money even if it's very little.
>>
>>62078148
You should have asked for a bj instead
>>
>>62078637
john galt pls
>>
>>62078294
This.
I tell them, they own me a favor, or simply do it because we are friends, and they would do the same for me
>>
>>62078148
Its a double edge sword mate.
If you dont want a "obligation" then dont accept the money.
Why should not I accept the money for the work I just did? you may ask, because some people thinks that If they payed you, then the next time they need soemething you are only a email / phone call away and you need to respond ASAP.
If you do it as a favor and dont take any money, you remain in control on what are you doing and when are you doing it.
There are few exceptions but most of the time people are just assholes who perceive kindness as stupidity
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.