[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1355425260_5.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1355425260_5.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is the internet dead?

It becomes more and more closed-off every year, 99% of users seldom stray from their corporate owner's walled garden. Only consuming content and rehashing stakeholder-friendly material, never creating anything original, doing marketing work for free. Viewing only curated results inside their self-selected bubble. For some people there is literally nothing beyond whatever their provider has zero-rated. The internet is their social network.
>>
>>62074885
how do you use the internet then, fuckwit?
>>
>What happened?

We let normies use the internet. Normies who couldn't handle the hate machine literally invented a social movement out of online bullying. And because normies aren't curious and don't like new or hard things, they all congregate in just a few websites. Eventually all the infrastructure, technology, and talent become just a select few and exist in one place in the country. They all know eachother and they all have the same political alignment. And now we're here:

tl;dr: Activists with deep pockets and the normie herd that support them killed the internet.
>>
commercialization and popularization of things have a way of killing originality

I can't help but wonder if that's a property of consumerism in general, or if it's just internet- and technology-specific.
>>
>>62076420
It's a market dynamic. All innovation starts with enthusiasm and then when the innovation found to be profitable, the innovators are pushed out. The old innovation then becomes a paradigm and newcomers to it have to meet certain criteria and the industry that rises up around it resists further innovation that is not seen to generate profit.
>>
What really gets my goat is that this constant push for profit can't go forever. What's the point of profiting if there are less and less people to profit from?

Or those people have less and less disposable income to spend?

I guess you could just make up a war and inflame racial tendencies across the world to start another culling.....

Wait
A
Second{
>>
AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.