[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy a decent laptop to play GTA 5 for the first time in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 34-982-206-02.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
34-982-206-02.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>buy a decent laptop to play GTA 5 for the first time in my life ever
>runs fine, smooth
>suddenly start hearing A380-800 taking off
>realize it's my fucking cooling fan
>save and exit for an hour to cool down
>repeat

I don't mind taking some breaks from vidya because I'm no longer an enthusiast. But it would be pretty sweet to play some while onboard some ship in the middle of an ocean. Will "cooler pads" fix this ventilation fan issue or just make me look like an idiot? Are they 9fag-tier memes?
>>
Depends on the cooling arrangement of the laptop itself. My y50 had a huge vent on the bottom, I just raised it off my desk with blocks of plastic and I noticed a benefit.
Most of these pads are memes, especially on back/side vent arrangements.
>>
Maybe you should only play flight sim games..
>>
My PC does this sometimes. It should automatically shutdown if it exceeds a specific threshold. But if it doesn't have that feature (unlikely) and you start to smell burning, take it back and complain
>>
>>62070669
They work decently but the good ones aren't quiet and the quiet ones aren't good.
>>
if you understand thermodynamics then you'd understand why your laptop has to be so loud. buy some over-the-ear headphones and it will make it much more enjoyable.
>>
I have the exact Cooler Master thingy from your picture.

It doesn't help while you're playing. It's for permanently high temperature which is inevitable after years of use.
>>
>>62070783
Fucking what? Thermodynamics has nothing to do with the noise. Turbulence and the bearings are what matter.
>>
>>62070731
So I can just raise my laptop a little bit and it will get better?
>>
>>62070839

well you've got a lot of heat being produced which needs to be evacuated. couple that with a tiny little fan pumping air through tiny little channels and that creates a lot of noise

i don't see why you're making a thread about this. you should be aware of laptop fan noise if you were going to drop coin on a laptop with a graphics card for gaming. why are you wasting our time. go build a PC if you're worried about noise. what the fuck you dumb motherfucker. your pc won't benefit at all from a little shelf because it's the size and speed of the fans that are creating the sound.
>>
>>62070669
Maybe take off all the hatches underneath too, that will get more air into it.
>>
>>62070839
>air displacement, which creates waves in the air, which we perceive as sound, should be silent
>>>/out/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.