[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about downgrading back to Windows 7 from Windows 10.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Windows_7.png (130KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_7.png
130KB, 480x360px
Thinking about downgrading back to Windows 7 from Windows 10. Should I do it /g/? Persuade me to your opinion whether it says that I should stay on Windows 10 or go back to Windows 7.
>>
>i want downgrade botnet x to botnet y
Kys.
>>
>>62069344
Linux doesn't have foobar and can't play some games that I need in my life.
>>
>>62069314
Install Manjaro.
>>
>>62069350
You can run Foobar on Wine. Fully functional with addons and shit, but the volume control is broken on some distros.
>>
I never went to Win10 in a first place still using my Win7
>>
>>62069314
You should never have went to Windows 10 first.
Yes, W7 is fine, you should install it. Search for the offiline updater and select the option to only install security updates. Do it again from time to time. Thats it.
>>
>>62069314
you mean upgrade
>>
From my experience, windows 7 looks way better, it has a more consistent design and imo aero is more beautiful than that windows 10 flat shit. Most programs run the same in both win 7 and 10 but for some vidya, win 7 is worse (maybe because DX12). I am currently using win 10 because some of the drivers for my computer have some issues, and when I am in win7 there are always some devices that I cannot find drivers for (for example some energy management crap). Its harder to install win7 because I need to inject some drivers in the installation media so it recognizes my disks and after the installation I cant connect to Ethernet (any older computer would be able to connect without any driver installation).

Bottom line, if you have an older computer I would install windows 7 as it would work nicely and looks cleaner and nicer, else if have a newer PC I would give win7 a try and see if I could live with the issues it may bring, else if you use your pc for vidya just go with win10.
Consider linux as well.

I hope this helps you, sorry my english and if you need any more info just reply
>>
You cannot downgrade to windows 7 from 10 as Windows 10 blows 10 efuses in your current CPU. So when windows 7 checks for 7 blown efuses and sees that 10 are blown, a kernel panic occurs and renders if unbootable every time. The solution is to buy an AMD RYZEN™ CPU so the blown efuse count is 0
>>
>>62069314
If you use high res monitor(s), you need 10. I have one 4k monitor and 2 sub 720p monitors and I need Windows 10 for the scaling.
>>
>>62069636
Woah..
>>
>>62069314
windows 10 eats away gigs of vram for every gpu (even inactive) you have on your system
>>
How do emulators run on Ubuntu? Notably PCSX2.
>>
>>62069390

>BUH BUH YOU CAN TOTALLY USE X IN LINUX ITS JUST SOMETHINGS DONT WORK, BUT ITS CERTAINLY BETTER THAN BEING IN THE BOTNET
>YEHA THE CIA CANT KNOW ABOUT MY PHILLIPNO PEDOPHILE CARTOONS.

kys autist i fucking hate your miserable like.
>>
I downgraded and it's much better Anon. I fell for the windows 10 meme.
>>
>>62069314
W7 ui is so fucking slow. Every animation, menu opening, moving windows really fucking choppy.
>>
>>62069937
yeah because w10 is the king of speed in comparison right
>>
>>62070075
In ui responsivness case - yes. I have never noticed it while i was using 7, i haven't actually noticed improvements with transitions to 8-8.1-10, but when i tried 7 again it was so fucking bad. But whatever, i'm on loonix now.
>>
>>62069344

>muh botnet

Why should anyone thats not a pedophile care?
>>
>>62070174
good goy
>>
>>62070217

great argument nigger
>>
>>62069937
>W7 ui is so fucking slow. Every animation, menu opening, moving windows
>he has animations enabled at all like its kindergarten
>he waits for his animations to finish in W10
disgusting
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.