[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Galaxy Note 8 is almost identical to the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

What are your thoughts /g/?

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8-vs-galaxy-s8-795246/
>>
>>62065081
>Brick looks similar to bricks

How fucking new are you?
>>
I like the note better when it had removable batteries, and microsd. Now what's the fucking point.
>>
>>62065168
>Same processor
>Smaller battery
>Better camera, slightly larger screen,and a pen plus 2gb more ram

Note series is now a joke
>>
>>62065168
It still has microSD, it still has the Spen, it still has a massive top tier OLED screen, it still has tons of RAM, and the battery itself is fairly sizeable, has quick charge, and wireless charging abilities.

Hell if you preorder it comes with a 128GB mSD card and a wireless charger.
I have a wireless charger at work, just set it down and it's good to go, no fucking with wires or potentially wearing out your USB ports through excessive charging.
>>
>>62065209
>Note series is now a joke
It really is especially for the price.
You can find other phones with similar, or better specs now for a lot less (minus the stylus capabilities).
>>
That shit looks great but fuck phones and fuck expensive phones.
>>
the reason why people bought Note phones was for the bigger screen and pen right?
>>
>>62065256
and the OLED screen

and the cameras
>>
>>62065226
To be honest I'm just going with a lg v20. Samsung hasn't made anything worth it's price for a long time now.
>>
>>62065275
Mainly yes, also it usually has more RAM than the standard phones.

S6 had 3GB RAM
Note5 had 4GB RAM

S8 has 4GB RAM
Note8 has 6GB RAM

>>62065285
Then i'd argue you simply aren't the target demographic.
>>
>>62065226
Hello shill, nice try the not use to be updated s8 with a better battery and processor now it just a s8 plus plus. Go fuck yourself

>>62065285
I am with you gonna get the last replaceable battery phone.
>>
What should I get next lg g6 or s8 plus?
>>
>>62065323
lmao, is replaceable battery literally the only thing you autists have to say? I've been in this argument 20+ times in the last 6 years on here. The LG G2 was a TERRIBLE phone because of sealed battery, the Note5 was a TERRIBLE phone because of sealed battery, etc, etc.

The problem is NO ONE fucking cares about that in 2017 and NO ONE is going to sacrifice battery life for the ability to fast swap a battery in fucking 2017 when I can plug it in for 20 minutes and have 3+ hours of battery life with fast charging.
>>
>>62065314
>Then i'd argue you simply aren't the target demographic.
Then I wonder who exactly is the targeted demographic? It's no longer the demographic that they won over in the past.
>>
>>62065285
>To be honest I'm just going with a lg v20
If your good solution to not getting a note8 is a phone from 18 months ago...wow you really aren't the customer samsung is aiming for with the Note series anyway....

Are you actually retarded in some way?
>>
>>62065365
Are you serious? Professionals who want a high specced device, and creative artists who want a drawing pad with massive screen and high end specs.
The note series garnered it's following because of the Wacom stylus, massive OLED screen, and high performance.

The SoC is the best you can currently get in a phone, it has more RAM than the S8 and S8+, and it has a stylus with 4096 pressure levels, and it's all IP68 certified.

Not to mention they're also throwing in a decent spec bump on the cameras with dual 12MP dual OIS wide angle and telephoto lenses.
>>
>>62065358
You can fast charge with replaceable batteries shill
>>
>>62065365
>If your good solution to not getting a note8 is a phone from 18 months ago...wow you really aren't the customer samsung is aiming for with the Note series anyway....
It could easily be a note v30 if that's out. point is I'm a willing consumer who isn't willing to purchase a new galaxy note, because samsung no longer releases a product that justifies it's cost.
>Are you actually retarded in some way?
I took a test, and scientists told me that i'm the opposite of retarded, so there's that. I'm legally not a retard!
Have you taken a state sponsored test to confirm that you're not a retard?
>>
File: Its Beth Lily you fuck.jpg (231KB, 2000x3014px) Image search: [Google]
Its Beth Lily you fuck.jpg
231KB, 2000x3014px
>>62065081
Its the ugliest phone of the year.

>1 - Note 8
>2 - Nokia 8
>3 - OP5
>>
>>62065436
meant for
>>62065376
>>
>>62065425
It makes it far more difficult because you have to have the induction charging circuits somewhere on the back and a removable back means you need to make sure the induction charging shit is either out of the way, or removable as well.

Not to mention not having a sealed battery still impacts total capacity already, so you're left with a smaller battery in the same amount of space just because a few autistic cucks can't handle having to charge their phone like a normal human.

Sorry, but there is a reason samsung has moved away from non-sealed battery design for the past 3-4 years.
>>
>>62065451
sure are doing a good job proving you're not retarded.
>>
>>62065081
Samsung is cornering the market on Luddites who are afraid of change.
>>
>>62065436
>scientists told me that i'm the opposite of retarded
wouldnt that be a doctors job? "scientists told me" just sounds like you're LARPing.
>>
>>62065409
>Are you serious? Professionals who want a high specced device, and creative artists who want a drawing pad with massive screen and high end specs.
Honestly these "creative professionals" will just buy the new iphone, and ipad. Be realistic friend.
>The note series garnered it's following because of the Wacom stylus, massive OLED screen, and high performance.
All they have now is the waccom stylus, because touchwiz has always been shit, the screen isn't leagues ahead of the competition, the performance is available elsewhere, and you can't even switch the batteries. It isn't 2011 anymore.
>The SoC is the best you can currently get in a phone, it has more RAM than the S8 and S8+, and it has a stylus with 4096 pressure levels, and it's all IP68 certified.
Just the stylus then. Literally nothing that makes it shine way past current phones outside of the stylus.
>Not to mention they're also throwing in a decent spec bump on the cameras with dual 12MP dual OIS wide angle and telephoto lenses.
So a big nothing.
>>
>>62065477
I have papers!
>>
>>62065542
>I dont care about a feature so no one in the entire world does either

wow, must be some crazy place inside your head.

What's it like to not be able to understand someone else's point of view because you're too obsessed with your own life?
>>
>>62065542
Studies have show a mass propagation of corporate shills, ever since the rise of /pol/ during the elections bring forth a.mass migration of normalfags consumers.

You are posting with a shill it is pointless .
>>
>>62065557
>What's it like to not be able to understand someone else's point of view because you're too obsessed with your own life?
So this is your argument
>Muhh some low iq people without state aproved smart people papers are stupid enough to buy it.
>>
>>62065081
just another overpriced poor droid that will be found for half price on ebay in a few months.
>>
>>62065409
What professionals need such high specs on a shitty phone? My Zenfone 3 costs like 1/3 of it and it's faster than I'll ever need it to be.

Plus """creative artists""" (nice way of calling a couple tumblrinas scribbling yaoi fanarts) will rather buy a fucking graphics tablet or save for a Surface or a Cintiq rather than wasting 1000 bucks on a shitty phone with a 6" screen at best.

These high priced phones are really useless, deal with it.
>>
>>62065572
Samsung is one of the companies that overuses online shills, and they are also one of the companies that are constantly involved in price fixing.
>>
>>62065409
>"creative professionals"
>on a phone

Heck iPad Pro doesn't cut it despite having a HUGE screen and an amazing technology that rivals with Wacom pen, since it lacks the software and buttons you'd have on a PC, and you think sticking a Wacom Pen in a 5" phone's ass is gonna make it "le greadive devise"?
>>
>>62065597
Samsung isn't bad in itself, it's high end phones in general that are a complete waste of time and money. Is there some actual data on which phones people use all around the world? Not based on the manufacturer but on the actual model, I'm curious to see if these 1000 $ bricks are actually dominating the market despite everyone complaining about everything else being pricey, or if smart people who settle for 100-200 $ phones is the majority.
>>
>>62065572
yet the person arguing for the Note8 has been here since the end of 2005.

But you can try to perpetuate the "everyone who disagrees with the hive-think of /g/ is a shill" meme if you want.
>>
>>62065673
>Samsung isn't bad in itself
You're just being silly now. Just read the the scandals mention on wikipeadia, and understand that what is listed there is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>62065673
Apple isn't $1000 yet, but it's close enough. Not to mention you can get $150 off of note 8 with preorder at best buy.
>>
File: 2017-08-24 02_50_04.png (19KB, 602x200px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-24 02_50_04.png
19KB, 602x200px
>>62065775
Or if you have verizon they're offering up to $480 on some trade ins, including the 2 year old note5
>>
>>62065822
Seriously? Now you're making me think if it's worth trading in my s8 I got four months ago..
>>
>>62065871
Yeah and you still get the 128gb msd and wireless charger.
>>
>>62065775
>>62065822
>>62065871
>>62065907
How good are you at starcraft?
>>
>>62065081
I really really want it but can't afford without sucking major amount of dicks.
>>
>>62066203
You know you want to.
>>
>>62065226
USB port wearing out? KEK.
>>
>>62065710
I not a shill even though I concise criticism of a product,and continue to talk about like jesus' second coming.Trust me when I say I am not a shill and have been here till 2005
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.