[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple hate thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0710.jpg (48KB, 880x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0710.jpg
48KB, 880x433px
Apple hate thread

>be professional
>use Compressor software daily
>get excited about High Sierra and APFS
>update Compressor one day and everything breaks
>revert back to a cracked 4.1.3 version and everything works properly again
>High Sierra kills compatibility with last working versions of their own shit software
>https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/23/apple-older-pro-apps-macos-high-sierra-incompatible

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI

I can't remember the last time a company has blackballed actual professional so much. Fuck these faggots with an AIDS infested rusty spoon
>>
>use wangblows
>crashes all the time

>use lincuck
>have to use command line for literally everything

>use Mac
>it just werks
>>
>>62064390
Don't you have some dick sucking parade you're supposed to be at?
>>
>>62064414
>lincuck/wangblow faggot has no argument
Who could've seen that coming?
>>
>>62064448
Argument is in the OP dipshit. They're killing their own software and bending over professionals just like the rest of their user base faggots
>>
File: IMG_0820.jpg (89KB, 473x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0820.jpg
89KB, 473x592px
>>62064339
>Hate thread
Sage thread
>>
>>62064488
t. Facebook machine barista
>>
>>62064339
>be professional
>buys Apple
>>
>>62064390
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Pajit.
>>
>>62064339
> my extremely specific pirated software broke
> reeeeee Apple reeeeee
>>
>>62064448
>lincuck/wangblow
now I want to watch some kung fu movies
>>
>>62065801
The pirated version is the only one that works now retard. Learn to read
>>
>>62064339
>rusty AIDS spoon
someone already did that to ol steve
>>
>>62064448
do you have no self awareness? who is arguing with you gay niggers?
>>
>>62064339
>extract file with folders upon folders
>drag them to merge with existing folders
>the new empty folders delete the former filled folders instead of merging
>this happens for as long as mac exists and the developers know it
>there is a command line tool ready to be used but it is forgotten
Seriously, it's already there, every operational system has a tool like that, and you just need to integrate it into finder. What's the deal?
>just press alt when you paste
It's filled with bugs.

Btw, the command line is ditto.
>>
>>62064339
decent devs usually put deprecation warnings before shutting it down.
This is a symptom of our current era, everyone thinks that their software is superior and they don't need to explain the rest of the user base or devs anything.
>>
>>62067895
This is exactly why driverless cars will forever be a meme
>>
File: ewww.png (542KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ewww.png
542KB, 640x480px
>>62064339
>overpriced
>limited in usability by retarded "style" or just "fuck them up" decisions
>proprietary OS gets buggier and buggier
>bad serviceability
>hyped, memed, shilled, astroturfed, guerrilla marketed up into the heavens to hide the objective crap aspects
>>
My Mac Pro 2008 has been steadily running 10.9 and I'm never updating. The replacement will be a hackintosh machine running 10.9 as well. Everything past this is shit.
>>
>>62064339
>update Compressor one day and everything breaks
>revert back to a cracked 4.1.3 version
I am sure these two things are more related than you think, nigger.
>>
>>62064339
Wasn't High Sierra something they used to use back in the early 90s?
>>
>>62069906
Never mind, was thinking about the old CD file system, turns out Apple's new macOS is also called that.
>>
>>62069592
I was using the official version and the update broke but since apple is SO RETARDED and doesn't provide an easy way to downgrade shitty updated software I had to resort to using a pirated version
>>62069566
Exactly. To this day our most reliable server is still running 10.6.8. They've continually fucked up SMB compatibility almost every update since the
>>
>>62064390
Good luck when your Mac dies. Try to get it repaired at an Apple certified store and I promise you it will be hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>62064339
Why dont you just use a real compression software. Hell, even winrar and 7zip will do whatever the fuck you need and they are free
>>
>uses beta software
>bitches when it has bugs
>bitches when software designed for the current version doesn't support the beta
Are you mentally disabled?
>>
>>62070331
Compressor is video encoding software and has nothing to do with actual compression of files
>>62070402
I'm not using High Sierra retard. Compressor is also not beta it's a very mature product, which makes it all the more frustrating that their own updates break their OWN FIRT PARTY software. Not to mention the OS updates and planned obsolescence out the ass
>>
>>62070446
>planned obsolescence out the ass
How about a source for this? It's literally a retarded conspiracy theory made up by Apple haters. It doesn't exist.
Maybe next time take a moment out of your blind rage to read over your post so that it makes sense. Why the fuck do you mention High Sierra at all if you're not using it? You'd have a much, much worse experience on any other operating system with your short patience.
>>
>>62070446
>Compressor is video encoding software and has nothing to do with actual compression of files
That is the most retarded shit Ive heard to date
>>
>>62070593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVAmnV65_zw&t

Its evident everywhere. Dell did this for years with shitty PSU's that would shit the bed and fry your mobo so you'd have to buy a new computer. Its evident in so many ways their technical laziness and purposeful negligence whether it be from warranty acknowledgement or hardware fidelity
>>
File: 1468521169741.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1468521169741.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>>62070593
>Planned obsolescence doesn't exist
This is "denying Snowden's leaks" levels of good goy
>>
>>62064390
>windows crashes all the time meme
you have never used windows have you
>>
>>62070626
>>62070629
First off, that guy is clickbaiting for views. What he does is repair. Apple replaces. That's why his fixes are cheap and rushed, and Apple's are expensive and comprehensive.
Second, I am referring to planned obsolescence regarding Apple products. I'm not denying that other companies are doing such a thing, but Apple does not. It's not in their interest. They want their products to last a long time so that they keep a reputation for reliable products.
The Dell example is just cutting costs. All pre-built PCs use shit-tier chink power supplies which are guaranteed to bite the dust after a few years unless you're lucky. It's not intentionally malicious, it's cheaping out on parts to increase their profit margins.
>>
>>62070718
>First off, that guy is clickbaiting for views.
You are fucking retarded, he posts explicit evidence that apple purposely designed the SMP that way to force a user to purchase a ridiculous repair or buy another computer for a really simple issue that you would never be able to detect without a complete third party application because apple knows this and will never publish a diagnostic tool to help its consumer. He even shows it where the "apple diagnostic test" doesn't actually tel you anything about the problem and how you should seek an apple store for repair.

> Second, I am referring to planned obsolescence regarding Apple products.

Again, heres CLEAR evidence apple purposely designed their shit this way.

>they buy shittier power supplies which are guaranteed to fail
>they're not malicious

That is malicious, Dell knows their PSU's are shit and they buy them because they know they're cheap and they know they'll bite the dust so they can get another sale out of it.

Cheaping out on parts prone to failure so they get another sale later on.
>>
>>62070718
>I didn't watch the video that proves me wrong because I don't wanna be wrong so I'll just call it clickbait

Louis Rossman is not clickbait at all
>>
>>62070718

You can FEEL the desperation in this post.
>>
>>62070788
Apple is not in the business of making "diagnostic tools". Why would they devote time and money to that? If you want to tinker and fix shit yourself, get a ThinkPad. Macs are for two kinds of people: The kind that wants to get shit done with no drama, and the kind that wants the brand name. No room for people who work on their computers. They aren't obligated to cover every single possible group of people.
And Dell's higher end systems use better power supplies. It's not planned obsolescence, if you buy a cheap computer you're getting cheap parts so they can maintain profit. You can spin this into some conspiracy all you want, but they haven't designed computers to fail intentionally.
>>
>>62070887
holy fuck how desperate do you have to be to shill this hard when presented with direct evidence that directly contradicts your baseless statement?
>>
>>62070887
>And Dell's higher end systems use better power supplies
They actually don't. Unless you buy a server system, your powersupply is going to be the same shitty chinese PSU in varying wattages
>>
>>62070823
I watched the whole thing and some of his other videos a year ago. He just goes on about how you can solder shit to make it work again. Yes, you can do that with any computer. It's a messy fix. The Apple Store isn't going to train people to do that careful task and pay them more when they can replace parts instead.
>>
>>62070898
Stick to crying about it and bitching then. Nobody cares.
>>
>>62070915
>He just goes on about how you can solder shit to make it work again
man clearly you didn't watch the first 20 minutes of the video where he goes over extensively how apple purposely designed it to fail and obviously won't help you unless you pay for a 750 dollar repair on a 650 dollar computer.
>>
>>62070947
You believe him? Why don't you skip his rage induced rant and look over the details to make a decision yourself? Jesus you people think you're smart but don't even have opinions uninfluenced by other people.
>>
>>62064339
>actual professional
>can't afford software from this decade.
>>
>>62067308
Fucking hell, this, I don't understand. They already created a tool, but didn't bother to create a fucking menu entry in Finder for it. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>62070990
I'd believe an actual expert in the field over some rando, naive as fuck, bullshitting anon claiming that companies don't conspire to design obsolesce into their products.
>>
>>62071014
His job is literally fixing computers. His channel is an advertisement. Believe him all you want but his opinion is biased.
>>
>>62070633
Not him, windows is shit and I wish it worked honestly.
t. Windows user
>>
>>62071029
Nice diversion

He fixes computers and teaches people how to do it, what to look for, good habits and good information about his craft.

You on the other hand say that the evidence he presented is somehow fake and that apple is a gudboi and dindu nuffin
>>
>>62071029
>His channel is an advertisement.
In that case it's awful advertisement. He only fixes macbooks, no other computer, yet on EVERY VIDEO he goes on about how macs are complete garbage and tells people to buy other brands. So by doing so, he's actively trying to get people less interested in macs, which reduces his customer base.

Also, would you like to post a source for your claim that he is wrong?
>>
>>62071029
Being biased doesn't make him wrong though.
>>
>>62071052
Not sure how that is a diversion, since I'm replying to exactly what you are saying with a valid point and you're brushing off everything I say and calling me a shill.
>>
>>62071029
Apple's job is literally selling computers. Their ads are everywhere. Believe in them all you want but their opinion is biased.
>>
>>62071083
>you're brushing off everything I say and calling me a shill.
That is exactly, word per word, what you're doing about Rossman by the way.
>>
>>62071055
Nothing is going to stop people from buying Macs. He's not decreasing his customers, he's increasing awareness of his repair shop.
Source: Common fucking sense. If you think about it for two seconds you will realize that making your devices break on their own is not a good fucking business strategy, it just makes your company look bad.
>>
>>62070593
Final Cut 7 is the best piece of commercial software Apple has created in the last decade and they're killing it in High Sierra. Eat a bag of dicks you retard
>>
>>62071083
because first it was
>louis rossman is click bait
>his statements aren't true because I said so
>rossman is biased (that means hes wrong)
>his channel is an advertisement

so for a total of 4 times you've blamed 4 different sources of how apple dindunuffin and then in the palpable irony said "brushing off everything I say and calling me a shill"
>>
>unzipping file
>unzips into the exact same zip
>process repeats infinitely
>use command line
>works perfectly
Fucking brilliant, Apple, well fucking done, and iToddlers always claim Linux is the one that needs the CLI 24/7
>>
>>62070999
The official first party software broke you moron
>>
>>62071099
The difference? He's actually a shill and I'm not. I don't have a reason to defend Apple or anyone else.
>>
>>62071055
>He only fixes macbooks, no other computer

I always wondered why that is.

My hypothesis:
- people buying cheap Windows laptops buy new ones rather than have them repaired.
- expensive Windows laptops hardly ever fail before it's time to upgrade, so no need for repair.
- only Crapples have the combination of high expense and shitty failure prone hardware that warrants a repair business.
>>
>>62071132
>anon is a shill
>his statements arent true because i said so
etc
>>
>>62071161
People fix their computers under warranty you moron. Rossman exists because people bring in their old Macs (old because they last longer than cheap ass PCs)
>>
>>62064390
>use windows
>rarely crashes, but very slow and restarts all the time
>the OS is proprietary
>microsoft spies on you

>use mac
>UI is outdated to the point of archaic
>the OS is proprietary
>apple bathes in your cash 24/7

>use dated linux distribution geared toward tinkerers
>no drivers

>use ubuntu
>it just werks
>not proprietary
>has drivers
>no one spies on you
>BUT: the dock is literally on the side of the screen
>not the top
>not the bottom
>the FUCKING SIDE

>use ubuntu gnome
>it just werks
>not proprietary
>has drivers
>no one spies on you
>as good as mac for 0% the price
>free updates for life
>literally the only downside is that /g/ calls you a noob and bitches about all the reasons you shouldn't use gnome that aren't actually real reasons

remind me again why you aren't using ubuntu gnome
>>
>>62071127
>Nothing is going to stop people from buying Macs. He's not decreasing his customers, he's increasing awareness of his repair shop.
If he only wanted to advertise, he'd only talk about repairs. Instead he goes on lengthy rants about how macs suck. You can argue they aren't successful, sure, but you can't argue that bashing the only brand you do work on is a good thing for your own business.
>If you think about it for two seconds you will realize that making your devices break on their own is not a good fucking business strategy
Ok, thank you for letting us know you truly, absolutely, have no fucking clue of what you're talking about.

>>62071146
>He's actually a shill and I'm not.
And yet you're defending a company on the internet on your free time... for free. Sure thing, anon.
>>
>>62071181
Warranty is normally just 2 years.

If you bought a $6000 P series Thinkpad you probably want it to last longer than 2 years....and apparently it does.
>>
>>62071193
Because it's incredibly buggy. Not just Ubuntu Gnome, but Ubuntu overall. This is coming from someone who has done about 5 installs of 17.04 on different computers. Just use Fedora.
>>
>>62071193
Ubuntu will be dropping Unity so soon based Ubuntu Gnome will just be Ubuntu.
>>
>>62071181
Rossman goes over why he services primarily macs
In that he described how apple often voids and denies warranties or these things are out of warranty and the cost to repair it is astronomical relative to the value of the computer, in his video in this thread, 750 dollars to replace a main board on a computer that is worth 650 dollars.

He then goes onto make comparisons on whether its worth buying a 750 dollar repair on an old computer or buying a new refurb for 800. He believes that apple's second main source of income is repair services and warranty sales.
>>
>>62071181
>Rossman exists because people bring in their old Macs (old because they last longer than cheap ass PCs)
Weird how I just saw a video of him repairing a 2017 MBP.
Go on, tell me it was just that one, that it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>62071235
>Weird how I just saw a video of him repairing a 2017 MBP.
Not him but I've seen many videos of rossman repairing otherwise brand new macs because of a voided warranty on something that apple won't cover. Usually shit like water damage or some other kind of damage cause by the user or the environment.
>>
>>62071205
I should know better than to engage in an argument on 4chan. Dumbasses like you think that Apple is actually going to pay someone to shill on 4chan of all places. Christ, you really are special aren't you? I don't have any incentive to do this.
He's not making plain advertisements. Holy fuck are you thick. The videos are informational, but BRING AWARENESS to his motherfucking business. They aren't a straight up ad. That wouldn't be entertaining to watch.
>>
>>62071258
You also apparently think that apple doesn't participate in planned obsolesce despite being presented with direct evidence.
>>
>>62071257
You expect a warranty to cover some stupid fuck spilling a drink into their new laptop? Why?
>>
>>62064339
I'm only just getting to this thread 8 hours after it was posted, but op is a massive faggot. He seems to be complaining that his cracked version of a piece of software doesn't work, when if he'd purchased it, the latest version would work.
That's it? That's all this thread is about? Jesus
>>
>>62071276
There's no direct evidence. It's as good as mine. None of you have actual proof.
>>
>>62071280
No its the fact that paying someone like rossman is significantly cheaper than having it repaired by apple. Rossman has gone over this multiple times, a computer worth 1500 dollars, rossman does a 200 dollar repair on what apple would have charged 1000 for.

Its not always user error though, apple often voids warranties for arbitrary reasons because they can. Often apple will refuse to service a computer outright because they simply don't want to or can't perform the particular repair service the computer needs. Thats why Rossman is so successful
>>
>>62071193
>>use mac
>>UI is outdated to the point of archaic
But anon, you're not supposed to recognize that as a flaw. You're supposed to actively embrace and defend it because "think different" and "ooh look it's round and white."
>>
>>62071285
THE OFFICIAL VERSION BROKE SO I HAD TO USE A CRACKED VERSION YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Learn to read
>>
>>62071300
>theres no direct evidence

HE SHOWS YOU RIGHT IN THE VIDEO HOW APPLE PURPOSELY PERPETRATED THEIR BULLSHIT YOU FUCKIN SHILL.

>thats not proof because I said so
>my word is as good as rossmans

your word is NOT as good as rossmans in any capacity
>>
>>62071257
I thought IT LASTS LONGER OK?

>>62071258
>They aren't a straight up ad.
You're not adressing my point: regardless of whether it's successful or not, why would he try to make people not buy macs? If he wanted to advertise, subtly or not, why would he do that? Can you show me any other example in the world of someone bitching for 10 minutes about the only brand they work with "to generate awareness for his business"?
Just so you know, you've completely lost all credibility the moment you said "making your devices break on their own is not a good fucking business strategy", a simple search into the car market would have explained why you're dead fucking wrong, but if you want to keep digging, be my guest.
>>
>>62071285
>He seems to be complaining that his cracked version of a piece of software doesn't work
The sad part is, your parents probably invested a lot into making you read properly.
>>
>>62071313
Uh huh, a video made by a guy who makes his living on fixing these computers. Obviously he wants you to take them to him and not the Apple store
>>
>>62071322
Not him but in the car industry, a car manufacturer like dodge or nissan cannot deny the customers/mechanics/the people their right to repair their own stuff. Those makers must provide documentation to their vehicle

Apple purposely doesn't participate because they make more money not doing it.
>>
>>62071342
No I don't have to take it to him, he showed me how to do it himself. Almost everyone of his videos are explicit tutorials.

So yea hes a "great advertiser" who just gave me the free ability to not go to his shop. Wow so amazing.
>>
>>62071342
Brb flying to NYC to get my MacBook fixed
>>
>>62071310
>>62071341
I don't think he read the macrumors article.
>According to the document, the following versions of pro apps are compatible with the macOS High Sierra update:
...which isn't out yet and is in beta
>Compressor 4.3.2 or later
...I literally run these same apps and have no issues on Sierra or High Sierra
>>
>>62071342
So this is guy is making videos where he a) teaches people to repair their own macs and b) tells people to not buy macs as a means to advertise a shop where he repairs macs?

This sounds like a proper marketing strategy to you?

>>62071350
My point was just about planned obsolescense, since
>>
>>62071387
brb, googling rossman's video about how to fix the problem he was describing.
>>
>>62071220
use LTS you dumb shit
>>
>>62071387
Ah so he actually doesn't care about his business and none of his videos are intended to bring any sort of awareness to his business. I see. Since you're definitely trustworthy, I'm going to believe you over my instincts.
>>
>>62071393
>My point was just about planned obsolescense, since
You've made no points, he presents direct evidence of apple purposely doing this shit to make more money ala planned obsolesce and you keep denying it like a shill with absolutely no rebuttal or anything.
>>
>>62071233
I'm watching that video.

He mentions he charges $325+tax to repair a motherboard.
A motherboard that costs...what?...$50 tops to make in the factory?

So his business makes no economic sense from a simple cost efficiency point of view.
Replacing the part is a lot cheaper than having it repaired by someone living in New York.

So Apple's crazy replacement fees are indeed likely the only reason his business can survive.
As much as he complains about it, he relies on it himself.
>>
>>62071400
Nigga why would I use even MORE outdated software as a means to stability when Fedora is already more stable and more up to date?

>>62071411
>he presents direct evidence of apple purposely doing this shit to make more money ala planned obsolesce and you keep denying it like a shill with absolutely no rebuttal or anything.
Uh I think you got confused there, anon. I didn't say any of that. I was replying to the guy saying that, actually.
>>
>>62071411
Being too thick to consider anything I have to say instead of
>muh apple users are toddlers and macs are wired to break in 6 months
does not count as an argument.
>>
>>62071415
>A motherboard that costs...what?...$50 tops to make in the factory?
I hate retards like you who make this comparison

>wow wtf intel, 300 dollar CPU for something that costs like 50 cents in silicon, gold, silver and shit.

Go ahead and try to buy that motherboard off ebay, I'm sure you'll find one but you'll expect to pay a lot more than "50 dollars" to make it.

>his business
you keep going on about this and you seem to refuse to acknowledge the direct evidence that proves your original statement wrong.

Him "advertising" his business just lost him a potential sale because he told me himself how to repair the computer
>>
>>62071428
>please consider all these things I've said about rossman being a shill and he's not an expert because his word is as good as mine
>apple dindunuffin
>>
>>62071428
Not him but you really didn't provide any points.
>>
>>62071428
Saying
>he's wrong because darling apple would never do such a thing
isn't much of an argument either.
>>
I'm surprised no one has posted that pasta about
>look at him go, he's so poor he can't afford an apple device
Etc
>>
>>62071396
brb, need a poo
>>
>>62071463
Neither did he.
>>62071462
I just defended multiple companies, not only Apple. Even though you for some reason think I'd be shilling for one of the largest tech companies in the world on a porn/anime site full of autistic neckbeards who are too dumb to consider anyone else's logical opinion.
>>
>>62071501
>I blindly defended multiple companies that means I'm not an apple shill, even though thats not the point
>I refuse to admit I was wrong because I was proven wrong by direct proof I refuse to acknowledge because I think rossmann is advertising.
>>
>>62071475
perhaps it is because poor people who work in low paying unskilled physical labor are the underappreciated backbone of every country that holds capitalist values and therefore it is unwise to make fun of them
nah that's probably not the reason
>>
>>62071446
I was arguing simple cost effectiveness.

Apple can replace the part for $50 (plus maybe $10 to send it back to China).
Louis charges $325 because he lives in expensive New York.

PURELY ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING his business makes no sense and thus must exist for other reasons - such as Apple disrupting the market.
>>
>>62071519
What? People make fun of poor people all the time
>>
>>62071530
ok great, apple can make the part for 50 dollars, but you'll never get one for 50 dollars.
>>
>>62071501
>Neither did he.
Anon why lie on a website where anyone can go back and see it? Let's take a look:
> he presents direct evidence of apple purposely doing this shit to make more money ala planned obsolesce and you keep denying it like a shill with absolutely no rebuttal or anything.
This is an argument. It specifies the evidence for the claims is in the video itself. You haven't presented any counters for it.

And let's be real for a moment: of course they make planned obsolescense. Every company that isn't a benchmade knife company or a intense camping gear company does this. You know how you can tell? Those companies give you a lifetime warranty, not 2 years.
>>
>>62071537
i know that's why i said it's probably not the reason
the point is even though this is a true fact no one fucking acknowledges it and even though i am not a poor person i sure am fucking sick of it
>>
>>62064339
>waaa why won't this garbage software that shits out badly compressed video using outdated codecs work 15 years after release on the latest OS version!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>62071518
>You're a shill despite the fact that this is fucking 4chan and nobody in their right mind would have anyone shill here and look at this video made to promote a business supporting my point
Your argument is as good as mine.
>>
>>62071565
Just post the pasta already
>>
>>62071570
YOU'RE BOTH FUCKING MEMELORDS AND YOU'RE TOSSING YOUR MEMES.
>>
>>62071549
>Those companies give you a lifetime warranty, not 2 years.
Fucking lol. Are you comparing tools to computers? Hate to break it to you but laptops are a little more complicated than that. They're not going to last forever and Apple isn't going to fix 10 year old computers for free.
>>
>>62071588
Toss my meme, daddy. No homo
>>
>>62071580
i don't even know the pasta and i'd have no interest in posting it even if i did
>>
>>62071598
>They're not going to last forever and Apple isn't going to fix 10 year old computers for free.
Then your claim that they don't do planned obsolescence kind of falls flat, anon. I mean, you keep saying they don't, do you have anything to prove it?
>>
>>62071547
>but you'll never get one for 50 dollars.

WHICH IS WHY LOUIS HAS A BUSINESS
TADA!!!!!!!!!

wow, reading is so hard isn't?

Seriously, is every Apple fanboy a <80 IQ nigger?
>>
>>62071549
No direct evidence anywhere. It doesn't exist because planned obsolescene is a bullshit theory. All it is, companies cheaping out on parts to save cash. Not sure why he's targeting Apple when Macs have been tested to be the most reliable and long lasting (lowest failure rates and happiest owners etc.) Don't make me find those studies.
>>
>>62071632
You are fucking retarded

first you went off on how amazing rossmann was of advertising his channel even though he makes little from his channel and his business obviously makes all of it. Then you went on some more bullshit about advertising and how great louis was at it. Even though it directly contradicts a "good advertiser" to give your potential customers all the information they need to repair their own computer.

Regardless of your drivel, you still seem to think that apple dindu nuffin even though theres direct evidence of them doin sumfin.
>>
>>62064390
>>have to use command line for literally everything
Same thing with MacOS ;~)
>>
>>62071633
>its a crazy conspiracy theory
man you sure are naive
>>
>>62071633
Please find those studies
>>
>>62071620
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/laptops/LaptopReliability

Not the only one of course. Apple constantly has high longevity and reliability ratings.
>>
>>62071549
>>62071598
Do you two realize planned obsolescence and not building things to last forever are basically the same thing?
Consider this situation. Apple is designing their product.
If they design it a certain more expensive way than their current prospective design, it will last longer.
They don't want to spend the extra money.
They know how long it will last in both cases: using the current design, and using the longer lasting but more expensive design.
If they pick the current design over the longer lasting design, knowing full well that the longer lasting design is longer lasting, then that is technically planned obsolescence.
But is it as nefarious as it sounds?
Can you really blame them?
Let's say you're building something for yourself. Better materials will make it last longer. By going with the cheaper materials, you, too, are committing planned obsolescence. What exactly is so wrong about that? What's so wrong with realizing *your* design with the materials *you* want to use for it? If it's not wrong if you *don't* know how long the materials will last, then how does it magically become wrong once you *do* know?
>>
>>62071670
I can say the same about you.
>>62071663
>direct evidence
Nice meme
>>
File: 5065052364_6f93d17dd0.jpg (100KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
5065052364_6f93d17dd0.jpg
100KB, 500x349px
>>62071549
>Every company that isn't a benchmade knife company or a intense camping gear company does this. You know how you can tell? Those companies give you a lifetime warranty, not 2 years.

There are still a couple electronics companies who don't do planned obsolescence.

Not that many, but some camera and lens manufacturers for example and I must say I always highly appreciate it.
And I always laugh at Apple fanboys who pretend their favorite brand is anything like these.
>>
>>62071691
Planned obsolescence is intentionally designing your product to fail in order to try to get customers to buy a new one. What I'm saying is that companies WILL cheap out on things. That doesn't make it planned obsolescence.
>>
>>62071701
>comparing lenses to a computer
Anything else to say?
>>
>>62071683
>https://www.consumerreports
Stopped reading.
>>
Don't apple phones start to slow down right around when newer models are released? I saw a graph for it somewhere. Since it was a graph with sources, it must be legit. Regardless, apple is a bad company even without planned obsolescence
>>
>>62071633
>>62071691
>It doesn't exist because planned obsolescene is a bullshit theory.
I mean, could you at the very least do some research before spewing bullshit? Saab literally went bankrupt because their cars lasted too long and there were no returning customers because the cars outlasted the owners. Mercedes was bleeding money because their 90's fleet was built way too well, so they literally started designing cars to last less time. No, not to cheap out like you're trying to make it out, the entire plan was for the cars to not last as long.

I don't even know how to proceed in this discussion with someone who's denying a documented fact, it's like arguing with someone about whether Mongolia exists or not.

Actually they aren't, that study simply didn't test vintage thinkpads that passed fucking milspec.

>>62071683
And that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Nothing in there has anything to do with proving your claim that they don't do planned obsolescence
>>
>>62071734
Whining about the source doesn't change facts.
>>62071741
That's software. Whole different story.
>>
>>62071663
>first you went off on how amazing rossmann was of advertising his channel even though he makes little from his channel and his business obviously makes all of it. Then you went on some more bullshit about advertising and how great louis was at it.

That's a different anon you utter mongoloid.
It's the guy I was responding to, why the fuck would I respond to my own posts?

Jeez 80 IQ was optimistic.
>>
>>62071756
But it forces used to buy new phones, or deal with the slow software. I fail to see the difference
>>
>>62071744
I have heard of the Saab story. But cars don't need to be upgraded. If your car works and serves you well, you won't buy another one. If you see a new laptop with new features and a faster processor, you might buy it even if your current laptop is fine. Totally unrelated.
>>
>>62071772
>better hardware comes out
>more system resources available
>software is adapted to make use of those resources
>waaaaah muh planned obsolence!!!!11111
>>
>>62071778
Ok, so you admit planned obsolescence does exist, just not with tech companies in general or with apple in specific?
>>
>>62071731
Camera bodies as well, which are definitely like small computers.

If I'm not mistaken you can still use the very first Nikon DSLR with all modern lenses.
And you can still use Nikon lenses from all the way back to 1959 on modern Nikon DSLR's, adding special firmware features just to make this possible.
>>
>>62071798
>software is adapted to make use of those resources
Oh please do tell us how those new emojis from iOS 10 really put a strain on the CPU.
There was nothing that would justify the drop in performance the 5S saw, stop bullshitting.
>waaaaah
It's perfectly alright to lose an argument, but do it gracefully.
>>
>>62071805
Yes. It exists.
>>
>>62071830
>so A or B?
>yes.
God dam it, anon, stop making me laugh, there are people sleeping in the room next to me.
>>
>>62071798
That's not what I said, but okay.
If the software on phone A runs smooth when phone A is newly released, then right around when phone B comes out the software on phone A starts lagging, getting slower, whatever, then the status and ability of the software on phone B does not matter at all. That is what I'm talking about. Not whatever you're trying to derail this into
>>
>>62071824
Trying to compare completely different things to laptops isn't a good strategy.
>>
>>62071849
Apple and Dell are not intentionally designing their products to fail. Dell is using cheaper parts to maintain profit margins on their lower cost computers. Not sure about Apple, since you haven't found a single bit of credible evidence.
>>
>>62071798
Dude are you being stupid on purpose? The phones lagged on the exact same OS version, this happened a few weeks before the release, not afterwards.
>>
>>62071884
How much does apple pay you to ride them this hard for this long? Are they your only customer?
>>
>>62071884
Dell doesn't glue the battery to the case of the XPS. Apple does that with macs.
>>
>>62071917
I pay them.
>>
>>62071924
>paying to shill
This is seriously some next-level cuckolding. I don't mean that in a generic insult kind of way, I mean like you actually get turned on by watching someone fuck you.
>>
>>62071924
>he doesn't only do it for free
>he pays to get fucked and to shill for a company that doesn't give a fuck about him
>FOR NET LOSS
>>
>>62064339
> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM /g/ENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post
>>
>>62071918
https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/macbook-pro-15-inch
And which one has better battery life? It's done for a reason.
>>
>>62071864
>Trying to compare completely different things to laptops isn't a good strategy.

>Every company that isn't a benchmade knife company or a intense camping gear company does this.

>knifes are laptops
>camping gear is laptops

OK, that's it, I'm off
>>
>>62071952
Thanks anon. I was waiting for that. Sadly, this doesn't really provide a counter argument
>>
>>62071744
>Saab literally went bankrupt because their cars lasted too long and there were no returning customers because the cars outlasted the owners
why not just say their sales were shit instead ?? People were not interested in buying their cars and they went under.
>>
>>62071967
That wasn't me, not sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>62071942
Kek'd.

>>62071954
>gluing the battery to the case instead of using screws improves battery life
It hurts to breathe.

>>62071995
Actually people loved Saab, they just weren't returning customers because their product was too good.
>>
File: 1500486039976.jpg (7KB, 315x179px) Image search: [Google]
1500486039976.jpg
7KB, 315x179px
>>62071974
>Sadly, this doesn't really provide a counter argument
Did you miss the part about UPGRADES? Customers can upgrade to latest versions. No need in worrying about old shit that's been fixed and upgraded.

But you don't care about that. You just need to troll and be butthut over something.

Up your dosage of pic related.
>>
>>62072011
Using available space more efficiently as opposed to allowing repairability improves battery life.
>>
>>62072011
>they just weren't returning customers because their product was too good.
so saab managed a 100% market share ? and no one in the neighboring countries wanted it either.
>>
>>62072012
Lol, being this mad that I was waiting for your pasta to be posted and then replied to it anyways. Please reply to
>>62071854
And
>>62071828
>>
>>62072012
>Did you miss the part about UPGRADES?
Yes I did, because you don't mention upgrades anywhere in that post... are you feeling ok, anon?

>>62072021
Ok, so we went from "Apple doesn't cheap out" to "they cheaped out for this other reason". Now is the part where you explain how using glue instead of screws uses space more efficiently.

>>62072027
>so saab managed a 100% market share ?
No, where did I say that?
>>
>>62072058
Never said Apple cheaped out on anything. That was referring to low end Dells.
You can see in the cross section of the MacBook Pro the way the battery is laid out. It uses all available space and leaves room for the other components. Dell instead uses a closed removable battery which doesn't last as long.
>>
>>62072011
>From a record high of 133,000 global sales in 2000, Saab slid to 98,000 by 2008. Last year's figures, yet to be officially announced, could prove the death knell. According to inside sources, Saab sold just 21,000 cars worldwide in 2009.

>>62072058
>they just weren't returning customers because their product was too good.
obviously customers were returning to the brand, up until the year 2000 and afterwards it just kept sliding down.

it wasn't worth for GM to keep operating saab with such low output numbers, it didn't have the economy of scale to bring costs down , and it wasn't seen as a premium brand by so they had to keep the car prices low to compete. It was stuck in a shitty spot and GM decided to stop bleeding money and close saab down, just like they shut Pontiac as well.
>>
>>62072088
>Apple is flawless, it gets its perfect design specs from holy angels who fellate each other on crisp clouds of fluffy unicorn fur all morning
>Yet I can't begin to explain why the software shits itself on older phones right around when newer phones come out
>>
>>62072088
>Never said Apple cheaped out on anything. That was referring to low end Dells.
But using glue is cheaping out, it's objectively inferior at holding stuff compared to screws.
And none of your post has anything to do with what I asked. I can believe Apple made a better battery, but not that glue instead of screws has absolutely anything to do with it. The battery is still an enclosed box(es), you can remove it, it's simply glued to the case.
Source: https://pt.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Touch+Bar+Teardown/73480
>>
>>62064390
>Have to use command line for literally everything
Using the terminal is optional for most distros, and most commands a normal user would "have" to use are simple as shit anyway.
>>
>>62072162
How cute. It's like you live in a little bubble. No, don't even bother to think for yourself. Everyone on /g/ says that Apple is low quality toddler shit so it must be true.
>>
>>62072172
I mean, you can remove any battery if you want to. That doesn't make it a good idea. Dell makes it easier because their battery is in an enclosed box. Apple spreads the cells out and uses glue to maintain a thinner profile. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it does allow for a larger battery, and the Macbook Pro does last longer on a charge. It makes sense.
>>
>>62072234
Yet offers are posting source after source showing their arguments to have meet and apple defense is just going "nuh uh! Apple meant for it to be that way because it's better because apple said so!" Honestly, in terms of method, at least those providing sources are doing more than just throwing a tantrum
>>
>>62072265
Nobody here has had a source so far. I've posted legit sources and they are ignored. Can't interfere with the anti Apple circlejerk here or you get called a shill.
>>
>>62072290
Sorry anon, nobody here having sources includes you as well. Can you explain why software on apple phone A slows down right around when apple phone B comes out?
>>
>>62072319
I posted the Consumer Reports source and the PC World source.
Newer operating systems require more resources. They will run slower on phones with less resources. Ok?
>>
>>62072263
Ok, so you were caught lying blatanelt
>Apple spreads the cells out
That makes the surface area larger, you moron. If you divide the same volume of battery in several modules with an encasing for each, you're reducing the space efficiency compared to a single module. At least think before you type.
>and uses glue to maintain a thinner profile.
Is this a joke? How is glue a thinner profile than NOTHING? If you use screws, there's no interface at all between the case and the battery.

>>62072290
>Nobody here has had a source so far.
Ok, this is how we figured out you were baiting, good job though.
I literally posted a source that showed you lying through your teeth.
>>
>>62072348
>Newer operating systems require more resources. They will run slower on phones with less resources. Ok?
I would phrase it like this instead
The newer iOS was tailored made for the newest phone since they usually come out at the same time.
Running the newest iOS on an older phone with result in a sub par experience.
>>
>>62072348
>>62072380
I'm unsure about this, but do apple phones get forcefully upgraded? If so then that just proves my point. If not, it's still on apple to ensure that their newer operating systems run fine on older phones, since those phones can be updated to the newer system. Honestly, that sounds like planned obsolescence to me
>>
>>62072352
If you spread out the cells, heat will spread out as opposed to decreasing lifespan by collecting the heat into one box. High temperature is the worst thing for batteries.
Screws need to go somewhere. Glue is simple and will stick to the chassis. I don't think it's an elegant solution but it does the job.
>>
>>62072409
No, it's your choice to update to a new iOS. There is nothing forcing you.
>>
File: TotallyNotPlannedObs.jpg (37KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
TotallyNotPlannedObs.jpg
37KB, 600x428px
>>62072409

You don't have to, but just know that your phone is going to turn to shit if you don't and many apps will flat out stop working if you aren't on the latest OS.
>>
>>62064339
Mate it's still on beta and not meant to use as your main machine
Many software won't work until its close to the public release
>OP on /g/
>retarded
Checks out
>>
>>62072409
> If not, it's still on apple to ensure that their newer operating systems run fine on older phones,

you are confusing "running fine" with what I am talking about the optimal experience.

their new iOS does run 'fine' on older phones, but like I said before the best experience will be had on the newest hardware.

Just like a game developer can make sure a game fantastic on a gtx 1070, smooth 60 fps frame rate at 1440p, now they do also support other graphics cards but that same level of performance is not guaranteed especially if you are looking at older graphics cards like some gtx 680
I wouldn't call that planned obsolesce, more like progress forward, at some point you need to shift draw a line and say "this isn't going to be supported" or "this isn't our priority"
>>
>>62064339
> Be OP
> use Beta sotware
> It breaks
> JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
>>62072450
>>62072515
Okay cool. So now apple released operating system update 10.xx which coincides with the release of new apple phone B. Users on apple phone A can download said new update, and get a taste of all the suddenly new things they just absolutely need on their phone. However, this new update doesn't work fully on their phone, since they're using outdated hardware. So, now that they """need""" these new """features""" but can't deal with a slow phone they will be forced to upgrade. That is exactly my point. It's planned obsolescence
>>62072485
This is the graph I was looking for earlier in the thread. Holy fuck Apple shills are desperate
>>
>>62071193
But I am anon. Comfy as fuck
>>
>>62072435
>apple doesn't cheap out on anything
>no no they use glue because it makes the battery life larger
>no wait it's for heat dissipation after all
I sure do wonder that sort of bullshit you'll come up with next.
>>
>>62072380

>The newer iOS was tailored made for the newest phone since they usually come out at the same time.
>Running the newest iOS on an older phone with result in a sub par experience.

>it's because of the better hardware dudes

>barely a year difference between releases
>tech is BARELY a step up from the previous
>old one turns into the slowest piece of trash imaginable

Yeah, no. Having been a strictly apple buyer from the 3GS until the 5, I got completely tired of this shit. It's not just a little slower. I could do a completely factory reset and run the bare minimum apps and the slowdown is intensely noticeable. Meanwhile, I get some random chink phone in 2014 and it's running as fast as when I got it.
>>
>>62072515
The difference between a game developer and apple releasing a new system update is one of them is releasing one piece of software for a specific purpose and the other is releasing an entire operating system. If you're not going to support older hardware completely, just don't allow the system to be downloaded onto the hardware.
>>
>>62072525
lack of features is not the same thing as running optimally.

When Siri was released in an iOS update they did what you are talking about, the iphone 4 got the iOS update but was lacking Siri
Imagine how many people would be pissed off if apple didn't provide any iOS updates for older phones, that sounds way more like planned obesolence than what you are talking about.

>>62072587
You have to keep in mind that apple controls 100% of everything.
Their newest iOS will be heavily skewed towards the newest phone at that time.

>Meanwhile, I get some random chink phone in 2014 and it's running as fast as when I got it.
Has it been updated since 2014 ??
>>
>>62072587
>Meanwhile, I get some random chink phone in 2014 and it's running as fast as when I got it.
That's because it doesn't get any updates lmao
>>
>>62072588
>If you're not going to support older hardware completely, just don't allow the system to be downloaded onto the hardware.
This, or at the very allow downgrades. Apple does neither.
>>
>>62072563
BETTER HEAT DISSIPATION MAKES BATTERY LIFE LONGER YOU TWAT.
>>
>>62072619
A teasing taste of what users on older phones could have if they just "upgraded" sounds just as much like it to me.
>>62072632
Exactly
>>
>>62072638
>A teasing taste of what users on older phones could have if they just "upgraded"

So new features are added but you guys bitch.
its up to the end user to decide if they want to upgrade or not.
>>
>>62072682
>Want to try new features
>They slow down my phone, regardless of me liking them or not
>I can't revert my update back to an operating system that didn't slow down my phone
>This is okay
Do you call them "Daddy Apple" as they insert their long hard updates into your eager wallet?
>>
>>62072703
>Want to try new features
whats the alternative here ? no new features unless you get a new phone.
>>
>>62072720
Exactly, or maybe new features that don't deliberately slow down your phone. Honestly, the specs between phone generations aren't enough to warrant such slowdown. Alternatively, allow users to downgrade. But they won't, so users who are sick of having slow phones will be forced to upgrade. What's more, they will likely update to another apple phone because of all the apple cloud stuff that they likely use on contacts, photos, etc. How can you not see the issue here?
>>
>>62072720
Stop pretending to not understand this. If your OS updates mysteriously make your phone lag insanely (because apple doesn't do planned obsolescence, remember that guys) then provide an option to downgrade.
>whats the alternative here
Not slowing an iPhone to a crawl because you added super CPU-intensive emojis maybe?
>>
>>62072774
It's like he didn't even bother reading the rest of my post that he quoted. I even said, in that post, that downgrading isn't an option. He's somehow okay with it not being an option
>>
>>62064339
>update to beta version
>on PRODUCTION system
>be """professional"""
heh
>>
>>62072521
>>62072881
>hurr durr I can read real good
>>
File: 1500701584207.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500701584207.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>>62064339
>>be professional
>mac

Fake news.
>>
>>62071549
>of course they make planned obsolescence.
You damn retard. Nobody's out there to "get you".

They don't have to plan for obsolescence.
The laptops are very thin and as such very tightly packed inside.
They need to make COMPROMISES and make DESIGN CHOICES. And thus there's little room for overengineering.

If you call that planned obsolescence, you should bang your thick skull to granite.
>>
>forget security questions because I never touched my AppleID for ages
>only way to resolve it is through calling Aplel
>first thing the dumbfuck asks me is to answer my security questions, all three of them otherwise he can't help me
Who thought this was a good idea?

You can't even walk into a store with your gubmint documents plus your phone so they can legitimately verify you.
>>
>>62073387
>being this btfo
Apple is shit, get used to it
>>
>>62073369
They used to dominate the video production industry but they've since intentionally pissed it all away for emojis and touchbars
>>
My iPhone 3rd Gen of 7 years has already outlasted two of my later generations that bricked themselves. Apple makes some great keyboards though.
>>
>>62070593
>>62070718
>>62070887
This is an actual shill. You have to share the board with this type if literal SCUM. How disgusting.
>>
>>62072485
>>62072525

why would you think google search queries are a reliable proxy for actual phone performance?

new phone coming out = everyone searches iphone and topics related to iphone all at once

pushing newer software to older hardware may decrease performance sometimes but would you really want them to NOT push out updates to old phones? The outcry would be 10x worse.

https://www.imore.com/iphone-slow-explained-truth-about-ios-updates

Android users are either poorfags, pajeets or permavirgins
>>
>>62075646
Okay, you ignored the other half of my post. And any subsequent posts I made. Apple users are shills, sheep, or terrible with money. I can make generalizations too, homo.
>>
>>62073442
>not having access to the email account the apple ID was created under
>being so retarded you can't answer your own security questions
>not just creating a new account
>>
File: 1503565192983.png (168KB, 657x874px) Image search: [Google]
1503565192983.png
168KB, 657x874px
>>62075678
>I can make generalizations too
It's not a generalization if it's fact.
>>
>>62075704
Oh shit. Applefag blown the fuck out
>>
>>62075678
what would you rather have them do? not release the updates to old devices? not add new features? release a gimped update on old devices? all the solutions to this "problem" are even worse.
>>
>>62075704
>keep reaching pajeet

The median iPhone app user earns $85,000 per year, which is 40 percent more than the median Android phone user with an annual income of $61,000

https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Infographics/iPhone-Users-Earn-Higher-Income-Engage-More-on-Apps-than-Android-Users
>>
>>62075734
Allow users to revert you braindead shill
>>
>>62071193
>use ubuntu gnome
>have shitty outdated packages
>have to spend ~3 hours making it look partly decent
>get no bitches cuz you's the bitch, nigga

>use manjaro deepin
>glorious chink design never needs a tinker
>only the most recent and reliable updates for you
>even allows you to learn chinese
>fuck wong-tong bitches, wacha
>>
>>62075829
it would compromise security and create fragmentation

if your shit is slow then format it with itunes, don't update or buy a new device
>>
>>62070626
>unironically citing Louis "God, god, Make me lie more everyday" (((Rossmann))
>>
>>62075893
Okay, you've missed the bit where we were talking about system updates making phones slow with no way for users to make phones not slow unless it's buying a new phone. Best of luck with your definitely not habitually formed yearly phone upgrades
>>
>>62075897
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>62064339
>using a beta on a work machine
the fuck did you think would happen you fucking dumbass?
>>
>>62075964
>t. good goy
>>
>>62075957

Your entire point is based of a myth.

http://bgr.com/2016/09/14/ios-10-vs-ios-9-3-5-iphone-6s/

All you can post is some shit anecdotes and a graph of google searches. Post a real source for your shit claims or GTFO
>>
>>62076038
Searching for it I find a decent number of sites with users complaining about their software getting slow after new os releases. Jury is still out on apple actually participating in deliberate obsolescence, but I'm on the side that they are
>anecdotes and no sources GTFO
I have many reasons to not like apple beyond their update system, their entire ecosystem is bad
>>
> spend 5k on a apple 5k imac
> overheats making a word doc
>>
>>62064390
More like
>use wingbong
>just werks and every problem can be solved in minutes

>use lincux
>have to input a thousand command lines just to change desktop image and half of the commands need separate commands to work

>use mac
>can only use safari and have to buy a new one when something breaks
>>
>>62071193
>he doesn't know you can install a different DE other than the default one
hnru?
>>
>he can't afford a macbook
>he can only shitpost about it online
>>
>>62076328
> he pays over the top prices for frankly poor hardware
> boasts about it online
>>
>7 year old 32bit-only programs don't work on latest OS
what, too poor to upgrade? i though mac users were rich
>>
>>62071047
Time to get an ssd. Or stop using a fucking Core Duo
>>
File: iowa_datacenter_us_aerial_view.jpg (1MB, 1632x923px) Image search: [Google]
iowa_datacenter_us_aerial_view.jpg
1MB, 1632x923px
This is a new 100% clean energy data center soon to be build in Iowa. Even data centers look like shit, designed by Apple.
>>
>>62064390
>>crashes all the time
But really it does not anon. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>62078066
I had windows crash because I inserted AN ORIGINAL Microsoft controller.

Everyone who ever worked on the mistake that is Windows needs to be blacklisted from the software industry.
>>
>>62078378
What is an "original Microsoft controller"?
> who ever worked on the mistake that is Windows

Look I am sorry to break it down for you but what else people should use? MAC? How could companies afford 10,000$ machines each that are weak as fuck and cannot be repaired? People do real work, not just browse Facebook...

Linux/BSD? There is no single desktop environment that is actively supported by big enterprise companies. There was. Unity. And it's gone. RIP in pepperoni.
Besides that, there is also no software. This was the point 10 years ago, and the point today. No office suite, no music editor, no movie editor, no fucking nothing. Not a big surprise, 10 years ago we had stable GPU drivers - but today it's a biiig fucking mess.
>>
>>62078549
WITH THAT SAID.... Microsoft's code quality really plummeted. As years passed and more and cheaper workforce got hired - the shittier the quality became. Office 2017 for example just broke symbols on non-English layout. I mean imagine a fuck sat down one day, and thought. "Hmm I will just fucking make this a global hotkey." Did a push in the vcs and no one tested any-fucking-thing.

I now have to use an AHK script to be able to input degree symbols.
Windows too. Server 2016 is a big pile of fucking mess.
Then again, there is nothing better on the market. Ubuntu really had a chance now with Windows 10/2016 (people got dismayed, got dissatisfied), but it turns out they don't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>62076697
Not them, but I have a 6700K, 16GB of RAM and an SSD. Stab yourself in the face autistic shill, Windows is just cancer

>>62064390
No you don't, if you think you need a terminal for everything you're just retarded
>>
Guess what faggots, I'm back. Nice to see that none of you actually had sources or actual evidence of Apple using planned obsolescence. You just consistently bitch and bitch and bitch.
>waaah, I don't like apple so mac users are toddlers
Then you proceed to link some bullshit video of a guy repairing a Macbook thinking that qualifies as having an actual argument. None of what you say has any evidence behind it. Yet I have posted 2 sources and explained logically why Macs are NOT intended to fail. I expect that you haven't read any of that because you're a bunch of developmentally disabled monkeys, so I'm going to make it clear.

Gluing batteries to the chassis is NOT planned obsolescence. Almost EVERY fucking ultrabook has a glued battery. This is because spreading out the cells allows them to use room more efficiently, and spread heat further away from the cells increasing lifespan.

iPhone updates are NOT planned obsolescence. It's fucking simple. If you expect the latest features on your old iPhone, they're going to slow down your phone because they use more RAM and CPU power which you don't have.
>>
Mac logic boards are not designed to die after the warranty. Not only is that the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard, all evidence is against it. There are a few model year Macbooks which die, but they were given replacement programs where you get a whole new logic board installed for free. If you need the replacement again, they will give you a BRAND NEW MACBOOK.

If you think that's planned obsolescence, you should fucking drink Windex because you're dumber than a fucking rock. Apple gives out free computers to owners of broken 6 year old laptops and you think that's a scheme to make them money or some shit.

Yes, companies are evil. They are evil in different ways. There is no actual evidence of planned obsolescence besides that one graph of iPhones getting slower nearing the release of the newer model (which can be explained by features designed for the newer phone being pushed to the older model).

At least they give you the option to upgrade. I've got a OnePlus 3 and after Android O, it's fucking dead. It could easily support further versions but it's not going to get updates. Most brands leave you fucked like that but at least Apple supports older phones. People will always find something to bitch about.
>>
>>62079298
>Mac logic boards are not designed to die after the warranty
No you just get for 2000$ a laptop that has:
- a soldered battery
- an intel UUUUUUU cpu with 200mhz stock speed and has two cores
- some integrated weak ass gpu from 4 generations ago
- muh SSD (even though its just like 256gb)
- one or two ports, beacuse fuck you

SIMPLY EPIC VALUE BROTHERS.
What a generous package for so much money, holy shit!
>>
>>62079562
*Yes, you can buy an "iMac Pro" which only costs ~15k$+. Of course you could build the same thing at home for 3000$ or so at home + a display, but fuck that, no one is going to use a bulky obsolete pee cee, am I right eh.

(There is a reason why every company and IT department hisses at Apple. At our firm we have one mac + one pc for each dev so they can test on both platforms. But guess what, they don't use them for anything besides testing, because they are weak as hell. Only the group leaders request MacBooks from time to time. Can you guess what work they do on them? RUNNING AN EMAIL CLIENT. That's right, a literal email machine.)

tl;dr: Apple sucks when it comes to value. Years ago I would have said the iPhone is kinda worth the money if you have more money than brains (ie.: its great for stupid people who cannot learn new things), but that's not really true anymore. A new iOS is just as complicated as any Android skin/iteration.
>>
>Compressor
>The most expensive FFMPEG frontend ever made
Also, blu-rays, ON A FUCKING MAC
O I am laffin
>>
>>62064390
>Use Windows
>everything is ugly and inconsistent

>Use MacOSX
>works really well and is pretty but c compiler included is literally dogshit

>Use GNU/Linux
>everything looks as good as you make it
>get to use the terminal to do anything you want

Why is the terminal's usefulness seen as bad? It can do literally anything. Why would you want to use anything else?
>>
>>62079050
I'm not a shill. I just legit have no problems using W10. Although keep in mind I don't have a codemonkey job
>>
>>62071683
How, I'll never understand. Perhaps other manufacturers are worse but Apple products are unreliable as shit, from cosmetic and materials issues, improper cooling and premature component failures, even basic components such as SATA cables have higher than normal failure rates in some models.

Of course Apple sometimes issues repair programs for common issues, but for every defect covered by a repair program, another two are acknowledged in an internal document but never covered, or only covered by a "Silent Program" internal document that the customer isn't supposed to know about. Sometimes an issue is covered but the replacement parts are used, recycled in the service channel and sold as "refurbished" only for the part to fail again within months of replacement - the 2011 MacBook Pro and iMac graphics defects are perfect examples of this in action. These boards weren't cheap out of warranty either.

Pic related, an incomplete list of common Apple product defects throughout the last decade compiled by service centers, not including accessories, cables and peripherals.
>>
>>62080868
Oh shit maybe I should add that I have W10 Enterprise and have most bullshit disabled

That makes a difference I believe
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.