[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First boot trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: setup-first-use.png (9KB, 588x184px) Image search: [Google]
setup-first-use.png
9KB, 588x184px
So im installing windows on a brand new PC, anf everything goes fine until I get to pic related, then I lose mouse and keyboard functionality. Everything ive seen online is all about getting stuck on it, im not. It get to the part that asks what language you want and I cant move my mouse or use my keyboard. I saw thing about plug it into a usb 2.0 port because windows 7 doesnt have usb 3.0 drivers right out of the box, but my motherboard doesnt have any 2.0 ports. I tried plugging a junk port into one of the usb 2.0 slots on the motherboard, but still no go. Only other thing to try would be a ps/2 mouse and keyboard, but I have neither.

Please, SOMEONE help me.
>>
>>62059871
I've never seen a motherboard that has ps2 Port but no USB 2 Port. you need an usb 2 port
>>
>>62059903
well, like I said, I plugged in a "port on a cord" from an older PC, and it reads the mouse and keyboard just fine until I get to "setup is blah blah blah", then the next page for "pick your language", then nothing. The lights in the mouse turn off, no input, just nothing.

MB is asrock fatality x370 pro (I know, gamer shit, I dont care about that, I just liked its specs), and from what I can see its all usb 3.0, a 3.1 and a "fatality mouse port" which to my understanding is just a fancy 3.0 BS port, just a regular one with a stupid name.
>>
Make a liveusb of Ubuntu or something and boot into that to see if the keyboard and mouse work in it.
>>
Go to value village and get a fucking PS2 mouse for $0.99
>>
>>62059931
>2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Professional%20Gaming/#Specification

there are usb 2 headers on your motherboard. Just connect them to your cases front usb. Use the front usb ports
>>
>>62060038
Heh, case has only 3.0 ports as well. And like I said, I used a "port on a cord" from an older PC and that didnt work either.

god damn it.....
>>
>>62060083
buy one of these or just use win10 then
https://m.newegg.com/ProductList?Keyword=usb%202.0%20header%20cable
>>
Stop using obsolete software, retard.
>>
>>62060120
Yeah, hows ten holding up with old games? Emulators? Older software?
>>
>>62060192
it's dogshit. I have 10 because I need it for work but 7 for my old games
>>
File: 1502755966935.png (1MB, 830x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502755966935.png
1MB, 830x720px
>>62060192
>>62060209
10 actually has better performance...especially in games with DX12 support if you have an amd card.
>>
>>62060248
10 also fucks you over if you ever need to run anything with DX9 as its only option. Enjoy that RAM limitation!
>>
>>62060248
Nvidia 1080ti. I gave up on AMD cards because they were too busy sucking off bit coin miners for me to even care anymore.
>>
>>62060192
What works in 7 that doesn't work in 10? NT 6.1 and 6.4 are virtually identical, it's not like you're upgrading from XP.
>>
>>62060192
>using vulnerability ridden ancient software for "muh video jaymes"
You cannot be this retarded. But then again, you're using Windows, so I suppose you might be.
>>
>>62060303
Ive read more than enough comments on sites from people bitching that emulator X or old game Y wont work on 10, or that performance is so bad it may as well not work. Not taking any chances. Also we have a win10 laptop here and it has been nothing but fucking trouble from day one.
>>
>>62060318
>muh vulnerabilities

oh please. Ive been using an un-updated version of 7 for the last decade. No one who hacks shit or any of that gives enough of a fuck to hack randoms in some backwater state in the US. And as far as virii go, I use the best antivirus on the planet.

Common sense 2017 edition.
>>
>>62059871
buy a ps/2 keyboard, or fucking look up msi smart tools or how to install windows 7 usb drivers on Ryzen/Lakeshit motherboards
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
>>
>>62059979
Not to samefag but even better he could abandon winblow$ entirely and install Linux.
>>
>>62060350
You're either too underage to remember shit like Sasser or you're just generally ignorant, you don't have to be specifically "targeted" to be a victim of a malware outbreak and no amount of Le Common Sense stops you getting pwned by an exploit.

>i don't use a helmet when i ride my motorbike and i haven't died yet! it's perfectly safe!
is what you sound like, it's foolish to think you won't get phucked just because you haven't been yet.
>>
>>62060350
The plural of virus is viruses, stop trying to sound smart.
>>
Mods, go ahead and shut this shit show down if you like, I got the help I needed in pc building gen.

Its just becoming an OS dick waving contest now.
>>
>>62059998
This. Also It's wonderful that windows is this way as I can easily get a motherboard that supports my cozy dolch 90's ps2 mech keyboard.

protip: if you install windows virtually with a linux host you don't have to bother with this bullshit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.