[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/, what have you accomplished in terms of technology recently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: gordon_and_PDP6_1964_0.jpg (90KB, 1187x1176px) Image search: [Google]
gordon_and_PDP6_1964_0.jpg
90KB, 1187x1176px
So /g/, what have you accomplished in terms of technology recently? For I have been:

- Studying and learning the seven layers of the OSI model.
- Started programming in C after trying to get VS to work on windows.
- Installed Manjaro with xfce on my main setup.
- Got my old Sharp 6500-PC to work and read personal documents from 1992
- Replaced every google/proprietary app with free or open source alternatives.
- And just today acquired a BTC 78XX keyboard.
>>
Working on a feature for the ouroboros application, even if no one else uses it I can still use it for myself. This is my first time developing for an open source application. It's also my first time diving into Android development. It's also inspired me to work on other open source projects as well
>>
>>62057920
>- Started programming in C after trying to get VS to work on windows.
>- Replaced every google/proprietary app with free or open source alternatives.
>>
>>62057936
What is this ouroboros app? Give me a link and I will definitely check it out. And it's good to hear that your first venture into android programming, is so rich.
>>62057945
Yes and your point being?
>>
>>62057968
https://f-droid.org/packages/com.luorrak.ouroboros/
>inb4 2^3 Chan is bad
>>
>>62057968
isn't it obvious. VS and windows are not open source
>>
>>62057995
Thank you, I will look into that.
>>62058025
I am completely aware of that, but right now I have no choice until I set up manjaro completely.
>>
>>62058072
Definitely. It's not been updated in over a year because the developer had a falling out with the site or something. In truth, I'm working on it because I originally wanted to work on clover but I can't get the stupid thing to compile in Android studio so I'm hoping experience elsewhere in a similar application can help me get it working
>>
>>62058072

Well, maybe you have no choice over Windows, but why use VS on Windows? Just run GCC.
>>
>>62058112
Well I'm using cliver right now, great app, does ouro have the same as clover or?
>>62058169
The thing is, I am really new to everything and can't get that to work. I'm sorry to say, but getting mini-gw/GCC to work is pretty hard for me somehow.
>>
>>62058221
It's similar, but not as developed. It has basic things like board selection and a watch list. You can reply and sage your replies. But it can't natively play webm, and when you download an image it goes to your phones download folder instead of a folder in your images, like clover does. I'm working on adding a report post feature, but I'm currently having trouble getting the web page to open up
>>
>>62057920
I built my first computer. I'm a newfag when it comes to actually doing /g/ stuff but I've been interested ever since I was a kid.
>>
>>62057920
um shit. i really don't do much tech stuff aside from just web surfing. finally learned some html and made a home page. simple. i went to a thrift store and bought a key board that has no markings aside from 'generic windows 2000 keyboard". only downside i have with it is that the 'h' is a bit harder to press that all the other keys.
>>
>>62059488
that's cool my dude. what are your specs?
>>
>>62059796
well i just took out rubber bit from the 'h' key and now it feels like the rest of the keys.
>>
>>62057920
What have I been working on?

Well, I just purchased and then accidentally bricked an enterprise-class Cisco router. RIP.

AMA.
>>
>>62061576
How'd you brick it?
>>
>>62061602
I am working on my CCNA. Purchased it to set up a home lab. Was trying to create a copy of the IOS image to keep on my PC via TFTP (I had already successfully done this with a switch that I ordered so I was confident) so that just in case something happened I would have an image backup available, well, I must have fucked that up somehow because the flash of the router ended up erase, so when the router was rebooted I only got ROM monitor with no bootable image in flash.

I ended up finding a way to fix it, but it was pretty scary there for a while, because being stuck in ROM monitor is basically game over.
>>
>>62061645
No kidding, did you buy the router new? I'm so awful at networking stuff, I should go back to school for it at some point
>>
>>62061704
If I had bought it from Cisco new it wouldn't have been a problem because they have all current model IOS images available for download from their website as long as you got it from them, you get login credentials and stuff. So I could have just downloaded the IOS and used the same PC TFTP server to copy the IOS image to the router's flash.

Since I was just setting up a home lab I got an older 2611XM, so the IOS was just hard to find. I eventually found a compatible image (because Cisco hardware and the IOS image have to support the same features and such) and was able to copy the file to flash via TFTP. It was bricked for a good like 2-2.5 hours, though. I felt like an idiot, especially since I had already successfully done with the switch what I had meant to do with the router. Probably just some stupid syntax mistake. Embarrassing.
>>
>>62061754
Shit sucks yo. Good job fixing it though
>>
>>62061785
Thanks, dude. I appreciate that. Haha. Actually, the first image that I found which I thought would be compatible gave me an error about the checksum value being invalid, or something, so I thought it was done for good. The second image worked out, though. It felt pretty good when I saw the image was actually booting.
>>
I installed 3 92mm PWM fans in my server. All Daisy chained to all increase/decrease speed as one.
>>
>>62057920
>>62058072
>Manjaro
stop using manjaro
use antergos if you must be a faggot
manjaro is complete shit, shit devs, shit repos, shit themes
its arch but with all the good bleeding edge and active community stuff ripped out
you get the aur but none of the benefit of regular arch repos

just a shitty way around using systemd
>>
>>62059488
Well just take baby steps and keep in mind, that Rome wasn't built in a day.
>>62059796
You got any pictures of that keyboard? I live looking at generic stuff.
>>62061951
Personally I use Debian and fedora, but hey, I wanted to try something new.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.