[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/ After playing tech support for no charge whatsoever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: product_1376.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
product_1376.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Hello /g/
After playing tech support for no charge whatsoever for my uncle's for more a decade, he decided to be a good soul and got me a pre-packaged HP desktop as a gesture of gratitude
Should've asked me before getting something tech-related, but can't blame the old sport

Anyway, it's says on the product info that it is an HP 406 G1 MT Bussiness PC, so I'm probably guessing he got me a PC form his workplace. It's got Intel core i7 4770 CPU @3.40 GHz (8 CPUS) and Intel HD graphics 4600 (shows 1792 MB approx in dxdiag)
So, what's the verdict? What things am I capable of running with such an configuration? Can you guys suggest me a good mid range graphic card as well
>>
FYI it's not "8 CPUs." It's a CPU with 4 cores and 8 threads, or 4c/8t. Say it that way so people think you're not braindead.

I think that's actually brilliantly generous of him. It's a solid machine. As for graphics cards, look at Logical Increments online to figure out what's in your budget. You'll see builds with modern i7 processors there to serve as a benchmark, though you'll want to probably aim more for the Great-Superb tiers.

Old sport did you good.
>>
>>62052641
Oh I forgot to give you non-CPU/GPU advice.

Find out what the maximum RAM for that motherboard is and see if you can stuff some more in there. Also get an SSD. I'm sure it's lacking in both of those departments.
>>
>>62052601
Get a 1060 6gb and you'll be good. Didn't know HP had pre built with a CPU like that.
>>
>>62052641
That's nice to hear
He did try molest me once as kid (slipping his hand inside my knickers) which might have fucked me up and made me adverse of faggots general
But after this gesture of his, it's water under the bridge
>>
>>62052657
>SSD
Is a SSD really that necessary considering that I have a 1TB HDD? Cause I'm gonna be shelling money on RAM and GPU and won't have any left over for an SSD
>>
>>62052740
Not the guy who recommended it first but I recommend aswell. I have a tb hdd with a 250gb ssd. Boot times fast asf and it's just really nice to have. Install os on ssd, have other stuff on hdd
>>
>>62052740
Maybe just put it on a future upgrades list
>>
>>62052787
>>62052771
I have around 80$ right now
Can you suggest upgrades within that budget frame?
Forgot tomention that it has 4 gigs or RAM
>>
>>62052824
$80 will get you some ram. Or an ssd. Or an old beat up GPU.
>>
>>62052893
what's the best GPU I can get in 80 dollars?
>>
>>62052824
You can find a GTX 750 ti to for around $60, that's really weak for you gpu, but you can at least play games on it. The rest you buy a cheap 4GB of 1333MHz ddr3 ram
>>
>>62052966
That's really weak for you CPU*
>>
>>62052966
what about GeForce GTX 1050 Ti instead if 750 ti?
>>
>>62052960
Try to find an RX 550
>>
>>62053111
A 1050 ti would be a much better choice, but thats way over you budget and I advise you to get another 4gb of ram.
>>
>>62053430
Upgrading RAM is my top priority, so no worries there
Can you refer me a good 4gb RAM stick?
Also, what's the deal with graphic card memory? Is it a meme or is a 4gb memory graphic card superior to a 2gb memory graphic card, if we take the same model?
>>
>>62053529
For a ram I suggest 2 4gb sticks.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820226754?cm_re=8GB_Mushkin_Enhanced_ECO2_8GB_(2_x_4GB)_240-Pin_DDR3_SDRAM_DDR3L_1600_(PC3L_12800)_Desktop_Memory_Model_997030E-_-20-226-754-_-Product

It's kind of expensive, but I highly recommend it. I could probably find some cheaper one, but right I'm at work at the moment. If you can only afford a gpu it ram, then get the GPU until you get the ram, but be aware that there will probably be some games don't won't even run with 4gb, but that's more of the new AAA games. Games like GTA 5, CSGO and DotA or some shit should run fine. And for the GPU, 4GB of vram is the current standard, 2gb is ok, but if you have a choice, get the 4gb version, I promise you won't regret it.
>>
>>62053529
And if your CPU s really a i7 4770, then fuck man. Whenever you get the money throw in a GTX 1070 in there, because a 1050 ti is just bottlenecking the shit out of your CPU
>>
>>62053813
Is my CPU really that impressive? Damn, had no idea
Man, I wish I had the fucking money
Maybe I'll try putting the moves on my uncle again
>>
>>62053908
also, can anyone explain this dual channel shit to me?
>>
>>62054531
Cpu z or memory z or whatever is gonna say your ram is running at x speed. Multiply this speed by 2 and you'll have your actual ram speed. When they advertise as 2133 mhz ram for instance, cpu z will say it's running at 1067 mhz. 1067 x 2 = 2133 so it's actually running at 2133. If you're only getting slower speeds than what your ram advertises then it's probably a mobo issue.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.