[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good ROM for old Sprint Galaxy S4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: eu1bjs0ezxgvrueh27n1.jpg (20KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
eu1bjs0ezxgvrueh27n1.jpg
20KB, 800x400px
I'm currently using cyanogenmod, but now that they've kicked the bucket I kinda wanna find a new ROM that fixes the carrier issues I had with cyanogenmod. Lineage OS hasn't been built for my model yet and I have no idea how to do it myself
>>
>>62050799
not op but why is it more difficult to change os for a smartphone than it is for a computer? i mean if you can get root access why can't you install any rom you want? cpu architecture are the same as far as i know...
>>
>>62050902
I think it's because phones have different processors also specific drivers for a device's hardware. For example the International variant of the S4 has a exynos processor while the American variants have a snapdragon. I can't flash a ROM for the international on the American variant .
>>
>>62050902
This anon has it mostly right:
>>62051246
Mainly to do with drivers for the hardware, vendors(hardware) out of shear incompetence or a pathetic attempt to "protect their intellectual property" or most likely out of shame for the absolute crap they've produced only publish a single driver for android or "android board support package" it's a motherfuckton of work and against a whole bunch of archaic and draconian laws to reverse engineer the hardware so in most cases the hardware on your phone only works in an android environment. Sailfish OS has a Q&D work around in the form of a hardware abstraction layer which emulates the base android layers and then a linux module (libybris) binds into that to rend things usable.

If this seems antitrust and dum and a whole bunch of other things that's because it is. As long as nobody cares and people keep buying devices that are locked (probably against a few laws) in ways most can barely imagine yet alone comprehend to vendors who would be yet more evil if they weren't so incompetent we're stuck with devices that run what somebody else wants in ways we don't expect and become obsolete at the end of 2 years weather we want them to or not.

There is an entire community of people who want nothing more than to write mother beautiful drivers for free and these fuckwits are too scared/blind/stupid to tap into this and they have enough money and power to make it suck for the rest of us.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.