[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8 GiB of RAM is enou-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1484492213781.png (33KB, 682x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484492213781.png
33KB, 682x457px
8 GiB of RAM is enou-
>>
>>62045447
Now try galactic civilizations 3
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>62045447
I have 4GB of RAM, and it's more than enough for what I use.
>>
>>62045463
>games are not technology
>>
latest console, nintendo switch, has only 4gb of ram and it has better games anyway
>>
>>62045534
>there isn't a board dedicated to games
>>
>>62045447
>a game
>Standalone Spotify
>Google Chrome
>Windows
Why do you do this to yourself?
>>
Photoshop has easily taken up 12+ GB of RAM while rendering images for me. Now add on that I like Linux as my host OS with Windows in my hypervisor, and I easily start to need 32+ GB of RAM.
>>
>>62045534
doesn't change anything about the fact that they have their own board where this thread would be more appropriate.
Both cars and guns are technology too, yet people would rightly redirect to >>>/k/ and >>>/o/. But people don't make car and gun thread on this board. Seemingly only videogaem enthusiasts are too stupid to understand this.
>>
>>62045555
I guess i'd understand why youd need bloated ram for photoshop, but linux with a whole gui stack takes less than 500 mbytes for me.
>>
>>62045447
>>>/v/
>>
It says a lot about the state of 4chan that this topic is now "controversial." People make these threads all the time and actually get into these quasi-religious debates over it.
>>
>>62045737
whats controversial? OP is a fucking retard
>>
>>62045551
>posting on imageboard
>greentext
>berating other users for using whatever
So why exactly are you doing this to yourself?
>>
>>62045551
also forgot
>replying to obvious shitpost
>>
File: 1480218830572.png (190KB, 2270x334px) Image search: [Google]
1480218830572.png
190KB, 2270x334px
>>
>>62045447
I game with just 8gb of RAM, never gone past 7gb even on the most intensive of titles, GTA V and BF1.
>>
>using google chrome
>using spotify
Maybe if you quit using normie botnets you wouldn't need that much RAM.
>>
>>62045447
had a friend that was having performance issues for months and when he finally wanted to start troubleshooting I asked for a pic of his task manager when he was having problems - 5gb memory in game, around 1.5gb~ memory for chrome as he's the type of person to never close tabs, leaving around 1.5gb ram and some pagefile usage for everything else
even outside gaymen it's stupidly easy to hit >4-5gb on a specific task these days and if you're doing literally anything else you're probably coming up to the limit of 8gb, swap and pagefiles aren't a fun substitute, they're a necessity
>>
Just bought and put in 16GB, feels good since games like Cities PUBG and BF1 already need it even on low settings
>>
File: iridiums.png (70KB, 1854x856px) Image search: [Google]
iridiums.png
70KB, 1854x856px
Maybe number of open tabs=number of processes.
>>
>>62045534
No you are not discussing about game technology, you are here to spread FUD that 8 GiB is not enough.
Fuck off and take your shitty bait to >>>/v/
>>
chrome.exe
chrome.exe
chrome.exe
v
chrome.exe
chrome.exe
chrome.exe
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.