[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pointing stick.jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pointing stick.jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
>he uses the red circular mouse mover
Literally why? It's not any better than using the pad. In fact, it's more difficult because the "learning curve" it has. It takes a while to get used to, and when you finally master it you realize you literally wasted your time using it because the mouse pad is much more convenient to use since you still have to doubletap/click
>>
>>62043811
I think people use it because its easier to use with typing and keyboard shortcuts because its on the keyboard
>>
>>62043811
I don't know anyone who uses this, despite setting a ton of people up with Thinkpads and Elitebooks.

I usually market it as a "backup," if the touchpad dies. Essentially, something that will let them continue to use the computer until they can get it in for repairs.
>>
This. >>62043879
Gotten so accustomed to it (when not using a mouse,) that when I use my other notebook, my finger instinctively goes to the GHB intersection and I stare confused at it for a moment.
>>
It feels more natural to navigate with the nub, and press on the trackpad/buttons to right click.
>>
>>62043811
(You)
>>
>>62043811
100x better than anything else, can keep fingers on home row, also if it's the only pointing device normies will not be able to figure out your computer,
>>
>>62043879
>>62043811
I use it because i dont have a trackpad on my laptop
>>
>>62043879
also for precision works, like modeling in 3D or move some control points on a curve in photoshop works really well.
>>
>>62043811
>learning curve
>that
Sub-100 IQ, good at sports and nothing else?
>>
my x200 only has that. it's pretty comf
>>
>>62043811
I disabled trackpad in BIOS so normies who borrow my memepads are forced to use the clit
>>
>>62043811
this is the best mouse input method ever invented except maybe trackballs. I use this on my desktop as well.
>>
>>62044747
I ripped out my touchpad connector and glued the whole thing in place so it doesn't click anymore when I hit it with my palm while using the Trackpoint.
>>
>>62043811
>mouse pad is much more convenient to use since you still have to doubletap/click
this doesn't even make sense. what makes double clicking less convenient with the trackpoint?
>>
>>62043811
>learning curve
I don't think the learning curve is steeper than say, one of a touchpad. You're not wasting that much time learning it, and you save time by not moving your hands all over the place every time you want to move the mouse.
>>
>>62044096
>also for precision works, like modeling in 3D or move some control points on a curve in photoshop works really well.

Ahahahah.... As a secondary input for changing view angle in 3D maybe but I wouldn't let the thing near PS or IL.
Mouse or tablet are still king!
>>
Touchpads have much steeper learning curves since the gesture meme took over, specially with Apple's 3D Touch thing
Still, you would need to have a sub 85 IQ for it to matter at all
>>
>>62044747
That's hot.
>>
>>62044933
>Touchpads have much steeper learning curves since the gesture meme took over, specially with Apple's 3D Touch thing
>Still, you would need to have a sub 85 IQ for it to matter at all
seriously, people are talking about learning to push around a little fucking nub like it's rocket science

even a toddler can learn to use the thinkclit in <10 minutes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.