[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get into programming? I need a no bullshit answer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1503205378721.jpg (86KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1503205378721.jpg
86KB, 1080x1349px
How does one get into programming? I need a no bullshit answer, tired of being a NEET.
>>
As in the career? Look into reputable coding bootcamps in the area. Might have to scrounge up the money but the best ones are those which regularly place their students as junior developers in 16-20 weeks.
>>
>>62040335
Start with some programming games.
Human Resource Machine
>>
>>62040335
My parents wanted me to work and make money instead of getting degree's to compete with the current millenial generation.

So i ended up working for shitty companies, shitty jobs, shitty wages for 6 years (18-25).

I always was a nerd, so i learned programming by myself since i was a kid, when i took it seriously i started writting "complex" software like blogs/dynamic websites with databases written with cgi languages like PHP, back then there where no engines or frameworks to do that...

After 6 years i got the opportunity from a friend of mine who was working on a small IT company.
I started working there 20h / week, adapting photoshop designs to html css ie6 compatible websites (fuck ie6..) so the webdev field...

From there, i took it seriously so i ended programming backend code, Api's, frontend, mobile apps, unity games.

TLDR
If you want to get into programming, learn to program, do something, make sure you fit on this field and you like it... but make sure you have some friend to help you out or be ready to blow a lot of dicks because you will compete with A LOT of millenials normies with a cs degree and master because his parents predicted the IT field bubble.
>>
You be 8 years old and hope you have supportive parents.
Otherwise, too late.
>>
>>62040335
If you're a neet, you probably are pretty non-competitive. See what motivates you and don't be afraid to think outside the box. Try volunteering for something that involves travel. If you don't have much energy look into your diet. Don't give up anon.
>>62040814
>make sure you fit on this field and you like it
This is good advice op.
>>
>>62040335
either /wdg/
or start reading books and building test applications
>>
>>62040335
Programming won't get you a job, start a business --that's where the money's at
>>
>>62040335
>How does one get into programming?

Be smart
>>
Be a woman, mexican, nigger, jew, or transgender. Essentially be anything but a white male.
>>
>>62040335
Lucky niggerposter
>>
File: smug.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>62040335
Programming socks.
>>
>>62040335
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript, be comfortable making some basic sites that use all 3 (like a 5 page mock product brochure or something.) Imitate company websites. Try to understand how they relate to each other and how to they work together.

Then try to learn something backendy. Do a Ruby on Rails tutorial or something. Make a blog or twitter copy, this will teach you some basic database shit.

Compile a couple of projects into a portfolio and make a LinkedIn profile that lists all of your languages, projects, and experience. Apply for super entry level jobs on LinkedIn. Figure out how to solve basic coding challenges through Googling. Interviewers will know you have no experience and that's okay, they just want to know that you can generally do the work and are a tolerable person. Keep applying, keep taking phone interviews, and accept any paid job they'll give you. Do it for 1-2 years and then apply for real

You can get started this way in web development if you work hard and are serious about it. You also have to not be a total disgusting loser and show up looking presentable/having some semblance of social skills. You have to fit in at their office.
>>
>>62043719
Good advice
>>
Try this

https://github.com/open-source-society/computer-science/blob/master/README.md
>>
>>62040335
start with the angry bird tutorial on code.org
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.