[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fa/g/gots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: mbp2012-13.png (345KB, 692x481px) Image search: [Google]
mbp2012-13.png
345KB, 692x481px
Ok, /g/ I recently bought an macbook pro 2012 for 300$, already upgraded the ram to 8GiB and swapped the harddrive for an SSD, battery replacement is next. In the meantime: what is some nice software for macs that I should get? What are some cool hacks?

>inb4 tell your father that you are gay
>inb4 admit to yourself that you are a raging homosexual
>inb4 suck some dick

And yes, I know who the CEO of apple is.
>>
>>62037088
I can't understand your post with all those cocks in your mouth.
>>
>>62037088
>AN MacBook
to the sage it goes
>>
>>62037105
>>62037109
:^)
>>
>>62037088
Why would we know anything about apple software?
>>
>>62037153
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_OS_X_software

you tell me
>>
File: 1477304289458.jpg (55KB, 689x571px) Image search: [Google]
1477304289458.jpg
55KB, 689x571px
>>62037088
tell your father that you are gay
admit to yourself that you are a raging homosexual
suck some dick

Do you even know what the CEO of apple does in his free time?
>>
>8GiB
>>
File: 343t4.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
343t4.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>62037088
i really want to get one of these, the 2012 look really nice but my only use for them would only be making music lol
>>
>>62037088
Who's the CEO of Apple?
>>
u can staqrt by telling your dad you're gay and suck a dick lol
>>
>>62037088
>>62037628
>>62039418
>doing all this overcomplicated shit with useless extra steps

Just suck your dad's dick.
>>
Well since everyone else is being a cunt here you go OP.

first of all u fucked up, should have gone for 16gb.

Alfred is good for searching through your stuff.
Magnet is needed for window tiling properly and putting stuff sidebyside.
Atom/Sublime/Brackets.IO is good for webdev stuff. Install homebrew via ruby and get brewcask too to install stuff.
Iterm2 is a good terminal emulator, get that an ohmyzsh and it looks good and can do lot's of great stuff that I don't use but others do.

Dr,cleaner is a good cleaner and removes more junk files than ccleaner does, I have both.
Amphetamine is a good taskbar utility to keep your screen from sleeping.
insomniaX is a taskbar util that stops the mac from sleeping if you close the lid
flux is good for your eyes.

Bear is a fantastic note taking app. great for writing.

evernote is okay

MacTeX is nice out of the box for your LaTeX stuff.

Todoist is my todolist app of choice.

get VLC and Deluge. PDF squeezer is a nice app to optimise pdf file sizes.

AppCleaner to properly uninstall stuff.

coconut battery is a great app to monitor battery health.

The MBP2012 is a fantastic entry to apple stuff and works great with modern apps if you have enough RAM and an SSD.

The only drawback is the lack of multi monitor support and low resolution screen.
>>
File: 1477352211730.jpg (194KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1477352211730.jpg
194KB, 988x802px
>>62039604
>t. mactoddler
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.