[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a molex to sata cable and I plugged it in to a back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: CM204BX_56616_800x800.jpg (71KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CM204BX_56616_800x800.jpg
71KB, 800x800px
I bought a molex to sata cable and I plugged it in to a back plate. Should I be worried and how to tell if it'd start burning? And obviously what to do then besides quickly turning the PC off?

pic related, but Chinese. Looks exactly the same as my Gigabyte one besides color of the metal inside the molex part (it looks darker? copper like). Besides I did check how pins pair and each molex pin is 3 sata pins and molex part has 3 left over pins that don't connect to anything.
>>
>>62036845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TataDaUNEFc
>>
>3out of 4 molex pin not used
What
>>
>>62036862
Obviously that's what I did watch. I'm using the gigabyte one (from the picture). The Chinese counterpart I'm worried about looks almost exactly the same as I did describe in the OP.

>>62036904
It's opposite, 3 out of 15 ones on the sata end don't seem to be connected to any molex. pin.
>>
>>62036845
Well how much current are you pulling through it? If the thing works at all (they usually do, I've only had one cheap chink cable fail to proceed) then the only danger is putting too heavy a load on it. If you're just running one disk drive or fan off the thing this will be pretty much impossible to do.
>>
>>62036943
I use it for an old and thick 3.5" HDD. I turn it off for night, but I might use it for a whole day once in a while. Now It's running @ 40*C according to hwinfo.
>>
Bump, just to make sure my computer won't burn.
>>
>>62036935
So you're able to look that up but still too stupid to realize "Put it in my PC and wait for it to catch on fire" is a stupid idea.

Highly suggest you off yourself, dipshit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.