[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here not good enough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1472413881635.jpg (23KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
1472413881635.jpg
23KB, 308x302px
>Make a program that does what is needed and be happy
>someone else has made one that does the same but its 10% faster
REEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>someone steals your idea and makes it better.
>>
just use -O6
>>
>make program and use it daily
>it has bugs
>one part stops working (uses data from the internet)
>too lazy to fix it
>don't know where even to begin fixing it
>want to rewrite it to handle the bugs better
>feels like a waste of time because i should be studying a completely different field instead

Ah, I don't know.
>>
>>62034657
There might not be a cure for dumb, but you don't need to be a dumb frogposter.
>>
>>62035550
>your intelligence can be judged by the fact you posted a picture of a frog
>calls others dumb
Wew
>>
I would have given you good life advice but then I noticed you posted the dead gay nigger frog meme.

I hope you slip on ice and your head cracks open faggot.
>>
>>62034822
How the hell did you write something without understanding how it works?
>>
>>62035754
You forget it after a few weeks/months then its hell.

Not him, but I'm going through the same shit. Maintaining code I have no idea how it works (but it does) and I wrote it myself
>>
>>62035804
I often maintain things I wrote years ago with no issue. I'm not talking about toys either, but several kLOC programs for billing, data conversion, record analysis/validation, reporting, graphical design/layouts, external data integration, and data library management. I'll go back after 2-3 years of it quietly getting shit done and getting abused by users to update an API or library, or tack on a requested feature. Sure, I've run into WTFs that I wrote years back, but the code is never alien to me. Even if I don't recall ever writing the program, I can still tell the code is my writin,g and I'll quickly grasp the design.

What's probably happening with you, is there is no design. If you're too much of a novice to naturally lay things out in a logical and maintainable way then you'll only "get" the code after fitting the whole application in your head. If you instead write clearly defined interfaces, couple loosely, write small functions and single task classes, and make good use of patterns, then you'll be able to maintain your code. This is because it will simply be more maintainable. Shit, I hardly even write comments anymore, just docstrings on public methods. When the code makes sense, it just makes sense.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.