[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 46

File: Cat-Urine.jpg (110KB, 1461x1429px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-Urine.jpg
110KB, 1461x1429px
Last thread >>62020654
>>
the other thread has 250 post condense your general garbage tard
>>
>>62034666
Created this thread bit early, cause can't create one later and people will be too lazy to do one.
>>
So xterm -fa 22 works
but if I add xterm:faceSize:22 to Xresources
and merge, that doesn't. I can change the background of an xterm terminal with xterm resources, however that only comes into effect when I launch a new terminal with the xterm command. If I use i3 MOD+ENTER, I get a white xterm terminal, but opening an additional xterm terminal via command gives me one of the color specified in xresources.
>>
I'm confused about the different categories of cache misses
Assuming a direct cache, if you access a location X that has never been accessed before, that's a compulsory miss, right?
Even if the cache block that X maps to already has something in it from an earlier access to Y, that just happened to map to the same cache block, it's still a compulsory miss, instead of a conflict miss.
>>
What's the easiest way to set up SDL in Windows? Is it just by using something like Visual Studio or Eclipse?
I'm trying to do it manually using NP++ and mingw, but I'm getting "Cannot find reference to WinMain" among other things. I don't know what to do.
>>
File: 816XBVszYpL._SL1500_.jpg (390KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
816XBVszYpL._SL1500_.jpg
390KB, 1500x1500px
Any experience with these? Does it actually work?
My Inspiron N5110 keep overheating while playing video games.
>>
GTX 1050 or GTX 960? Both are 2GB and are the same price ($80)
>>
What ryzen cpu should i get money aint a thang
>>
If you toilet train cat mom, will cat mom toilet train her kittens by herself?
>>
File: 51fyWMvm6KL.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51fyWMvm6KL.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
A while back someone made a troll Nyaa replacement. All it was was a bit of text and a song from MOE JAZZ playing on loop.
Anyone remember the link? or at least what song it was?
>>62037182
I used to use one for my rickety old laptop, work decently but I found bottle caps to be pretty good too
>>
How are Git comments meant to be used?
On the one hand, I don't want to add each file separately to the index, giving each one a unique comment, that sounds like it'd take ages on large projects.
On the other, I don't know if adding all the files to the index each with the same comment is any better.
How is it meant to work?
>>
What's a low memory demand browser I can use on my 2003 laptop? I'm running lubuntu
>>
Going to be tested on my sql knowledge for a BI job position. What should I make sure i know?
>>
>>62037517
Not sure but my cat learned to use the toilet by himself. We got a new kitten and he's interested in the toilet. I hope he learns :)
>>
File: 1486651608531.jpg (47KB, 604x347px) Image search: [Google]
1486651608531.jpg
47KB, 604x347px
>>62038315
Cats are technology, they sleep on routers and shit.

My cat learned how to open doors and "invented" a door knock out of a leather loop added to garden doors to close them (it had no knob on the outside).
>>
>>62037752

You're supposed to commit message what you did. Commits are supposed to be logically separate pieces of work. It doesn't matter if it's in one file or several.

If you do a days work and change a load of files to change the database implementation you use, and you also add a new class to extend the program functionality. Commit them separately in 2 commits. Both with sensible commit messages.

Then when your project leader changes his mind and wants to undo the change you made to the database provider and go back to the old one you just find that work with your descriptive commit message, and
git revert
it. All the lines in files that you changed to change over the database provider get changed back but that new class you wrote on the same day is left there.

Make each commit so that when you revert it it undoes what you said it does in the commit message.
>>
Best VPN for a poor college student who wants to torrent on dorm internet?
>>
If I run a program from a terminal in i3, is it supposed to open up beside the terminal and not replace it?

ex: I am in the terminal and I tell it to open firefox. I3 opens a second window next to the terminal for firefox, leaving the original terminal showing an output log for the firefox. I cannot close the terminal without closing firefox.

WAD?
>>
Any one here used a USB android thumbdrive?
I got one a while back and it seems cool but it's loose and i I have to keep it perfectly still to use it on my phone
>>
trying to download something but noscript keeps blocking the download due to XSS blocker
Is there a way for me to tell if the XSS is actually malicious or not?
I really want this download
>>
Is it bad that I never turn off my laptop, but just hibernate it?
>>
>>62038881

It's called a tiling window manager...
>>
>>62039098
No shit. Did you even read what I wrote? I want to create a new window without disrupting my tiling scheme. And why does I3 leave an output terminal that I can't even close when I run firefox?
>>
>>62038881
That's how it's supposed to work for non-CLI programs. You can append an & at the end of the command you used to spawn the program though and allow it to exist without the terminal emulator. Maybe even "& exit" to also automatically close the terminal emulator window. Take a look at dmenu though, in case you already haven't.

>>62038966
Just remember to reboot it every now and then for kernel/Windows updates.
>>
>>62039171
>Just remember to reboot it every now and then for kernel/Windows updates.
Thank you!
>>
>>62038946
It's probably malicious. What are you trying to download?
>>
Buying a small cheap USB3 1TB portable external hard drive to put VMs and such on, what's the best brand? Maxtor, WD, Toshiba, Seagate?
>>
Will fully encrypting an SSD slow it down in any way?
>>
>>62039288
depends if it supports hw encryption or not
if yes then small chip on it does some well known algorythm for encryption, it not, then cpu is needed for that
>>
>>62039376
>>62039376
What about the evo 850, does it support that?
>>
>>62039217
buy ssd
on 250GB lot of vms can fit and difference in use and boot time is significant just as with real ssd

>>62039401
yes, install samsung magician and just enable encrpytion, or google windows bitlocker
>>
>>62039438
True, 250GB is plenty space but I'd be paying 2x what I would with a normal HD.
>>
>>62039190
this
https://yadi (delete this) .sk/d/Rt8Rk1MjruArp

according to WOT the site is safe
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/yadi.sk
that's weird, 4chan thinks it's spam tho
why is that?
>>
Can you activate a windows 10 MBR install?

I remember it was a problem to activate W7 ultimate installs using GPT.
>>
How accurate is this?
>proxy providers can infiltrate your session with viruses and spam, which you may inadvertently download and cause fatal damage to your computer.
>someone may use your identity as a proxy to conduct nefarious and illegal activities on the Internet
http://itstillworks.com/dangers-using-proxy-servers-2175.html

If I connect to a proxy server they can use my IP as a proxy server?
>>
>>62034636
how do i remove the last character in a string in python?
I can't use strip because its not the only instance of the character.
>>
>>62039217
WD red based portable enclosure.
>>
>>62034636
got a ps/2 keyboard. i connected it and one of the lights turns on but i'm unable to type with it. is it fucked or should i try with a ps/1 to usb connector i'm getting tomorrow?
>>
>>62040217
Are you aware you can hotplug it right? You need to restart your PC.
>>
File: 1492223740934.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492223740934.png
183KB, 386x406px
LTSB or Windows 7 Ultimate?

someone advise me on which to use please.
>>
>>62040280
no idea what that is. just have it plugged in and reset?
>>
>>62034636
I need an ftp client that isn't going to rape me in the ass and it needs to be used on fucking windows 10 of all things.
>>
I have an old laptop (first gen i3, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd). Is there anything useful I can do with it? Got a thinkpad already so it's obsolete.
I have no need for a seedbox, and 500gb wouldn't be very useful for an NAS server.
>>
>>62040280
nevermind got it working. thanks!
>>
So I just bought the XLR version of the AT2020 Audio Technica Condenser microphone. With an XLR to 3.5mm jack converter, can I plug it straight in or does it require external power?
>>
>>62040367
Put an SSD in it and it's still a perfectly usable laptop.

If that's really not palatable to you then you can consider getting a bargain bin 32GB SSD from China, installing a beginner-friendly distro onto it and donating it to a destitute college kid. Because that would still be a kickass school machine, especially for someone from a broke family who can barely afford ramen. Keep the 500GB drive to stick into an enclosure and make your own portable external HDD.
>>
>>62040289
LTSB is only used by faggots who know windows 10 is complete garbage but want to force themselves to use it anyways despite prior knowledge. Get 7 Ultimate, W10 offers absolutely nothing you need unless you're one of those game junkies that likes taking it up the ass from Microsoft.
>>
>>62040464
got it thanks champ
>>
>>62040409
Its a old computer/bad legacy compatibility hack by motherboard maker problem.
Its easy to fix, just reset your PC, you only have to do it once.

>>62040464
No, LTSB is for when your PC has no drivers for 7(90% of time is because there are no Wifi drivers for that laptop or chipset stuff is wonky with 7 and people dont want to bother to fix it or dont know how).

Other than that 7 ultimate is the best option.
>>
question from last thread
is wine enough to run microshit meme apps? i'm being forced to use some windows apps but i'd still like the efficiency and freedom of loonix
thinkpad t420 btw
thanks
>>
>>62040578
Just dualboot 7 anon.
But yeah it should be enough.
>>
>>62034636
Is there any good external HDD's good for storing/running games off of?

I did see this: https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-x.html

Is it really any different from a regular HDD?
>>
>>62039438
Different anon, whats a good brand of SSD? I actually have a class I have to get an external drive for to run multiple VM's on. I've seen SanDisk SSD's that seem good but idk.
>>
>>62040578
If it's anything past the 2010 versions then no it'll run like shit. I'd tell you to use a VM for that but I'd doubt a t420 is going to handle the job well.
>>
>>62040619
Sandisk SSDs are bad.
Avoid PNY and Kingston SSDs.

Get something with 3D NAND.
850 EVO is the gold standard for sata.
SU800 is a cheap SSD that werks too.
>>
>>62040590
Okay first off that is just a fancy rebadge of their normal MyPassport stuff made to dupe retarded gamebros into buying overpriced goods just because it says GAMER on it. Second, there's no good reason you should even be running games off an external even if it's just a drive enclosure. It's going to rattle like shit and definitely will be slow as hell because it's not plugged directly to your motherboard for full speed. If you're just storing game installers and backups that's okay, but don't run your games off of something that was never meant to handle the load.
>>
Anyone find a fix for the font encoding bug with latest version of Firefox when using Japanese system locale? Only affects certain sites but notably font rendering gets fucked up for 4chan X when Unicode is selected which is hella annoying.
>>
>>62040636
fair enough, i'll dualboot until my 2720HQ arrives
>>
Is there any way to dualboot Windows 7 32-bit onto a GPT hard drive? Or am I stuck with 64-bit? Was hoping to do the 32-bit since it's meant to be a compatibility thing I can boot into for those few legacy programs that give issues otherwise.
>>
>>62039799
someone?
>>
File: 20170823_093912.jpg (789KB, 1867x916px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_093912.jpg
789KB, 1867x916px
So, it's charging wirelessly AND plugged in with a charging cable.

Will it charge twice as fast?
>>
File: 1503082508946.gif (4MB, 369x207px) Image search: [Google]
1503082508946.gif
4MB, 369x207px
I am a lazy son of a bitch.
How can make WEBMs from Youtube videos easy as fuck?
Without Premiere and extra apps.

Is there a website where I can link the video, choose the part I want and export as webm ??
>>
>>62039799
Shitty proxy can add shitty content to your website content, that's it.
Pretty sure that it can't happen over https, though.

As for the identity, when you get logged on a website from a given IP and the website has shitty security (for example, non-secure channel for one kind of data), someone else using the same proxy could appear as logged on with your credentials.
Once again, this shouldn't be possible with https, since only you have the proper keys and anyone else will only get garbage.
>>
Soo /g/ wizards, my ISP gave me their shitty router with their shitty firmware installed I can't access the main router page and all I need to do is to forward the ssh port so I can access my machine from college it is possible to work around it, without changing the router firmware or any configurations it installed ISP won't do shit.
>>
>>62040590
WD black rebrand.

>>62040775
There will be no difference if you use 32 or 64bit.
Just make a w7 GPT install.

>>62040848
Youtube-dl and paste ffmpeg in the same folder.
Select download as webm, done.
>>
>>62040876
you can scan all ports on the gateway with zenmap to find something
even if you find a login page, you don't have credentials, they can't be that stupid...
>>
>>62040844
No your phone only charges from the fastest solution connected to it and in actuality wireless chargers are slow as hell.
If you got Android and want your phone to charge quickly get a cable and adapter made specifically for fast charge, which Galaxy phones include out the box. In fact, you should always be using the set that comes with your phone because 9/10 times it's the one that actually charges your phone the fastest. You can also turn airplane mode on or shut down your phone while it's charging so it doesn't use the battery while charging.
>>
>>62040869
So I shouldn't be worried if I don't login while on proxy, right?
Thanks anon
>>
>>62040884
What are those? Seem cool but I can't choose which part of the video.
I will have a look at them.

>FFmpeg is a collection of different projects for handling multimedia files.In this article I'll be using FFmpeg through the command-line tool ffmpeg

Can't wrap my head around this.. It is not an app?
>>
>>62040884
>There will be no difference if you use 32 or 64bit.
16-bit programs can't run in 64-bit OSes, can they? I know it came up as an issue when I was trying to run Rance 4.1/4.2 for example, and some other old eroge I found. Used a VM in those cases but sometimes that has unwanted side effects like audio being corrupted and bad sounding
>>
How come you can't just store the extra heat in the summer, cool your house down in the process, and then release that heat in the winter to heat it up again? It seems wasteful to have to expend so much energy at both stages to get the desired temperature.
>>
>>62040946
Yeah
Basically, all the bad shit is the same as if you were browsing a shady ruskie site.
If you don't run random .exes like a retard, the worst the website can do is crash your browser, overload your memory and slow down your shit until your browser dies, or mine bitcoins in javascript.

Unless your browser is vulnerable and the exploit is known. But then again - it's the same as if you were browsing shady websites.
>>
>>62040990
you can if you freeze it for later use
>>
Hey, I'm trying to use a VM as a dev server because I don't wanna install a bunch of DB backends and stuff on my everyday machine.

Now, I have to be able to access the web server of the VM, and here's where it gets annoying.

I'm using QEMU and have set up port redirection, (port 1024 of the host to port 80 of the guest).

Typing localhost:1024 or 127.0.0.1:1024 in a browser on the host machine fails with a "connection was reset", but typing 192.168.0.x:1024 (hosts IP) in a browser on another machine, connects like it should.

Basically, "third machine -> host -> guest" works, but only "host -> guest" doesn't.

What's the deal here?
>>
Good idea to OC an amd a8 7650k when it runs ~70 celcius when playing games?
>>
IPHONE/IOS USERS:
In android you can hide notification previews from the lockscreen only but when unlocking the device you can see the notification previews in the notification bar. Is there a way to do this in IOS it just seems like you have to hide the preview completely even in the notification bar (I sometimes like to read these before I open a conversation, ok?) cheers.
>>
>>62040876
Buy a new router and set your old one in bridge mode.

>>62040948
Its just a program to handle video conversion, you wont even touch it with youtube-dl.

You will mainly will have to learn how use Youtube-dl.
>Open it with Windows CMD, paste the link of the file you want
>Video will be downloaded
>>
So, i spilled Dr. Pepper on my laptop 15 minutes before work, I turned it upside down on a towel and left, I won't be home for 4 hours. How fucked am I?
>>
>>62040746
So for steam games, could I just then move them back and forth between the external HDD or would I have to reinstall them each time?
>>
>>62040971
But you can, ask help in /vg/ hentai games general about that.
>>
File: Mafia-Doggo.jpg (90KB, 1300x986px) Image search: [Google]
Mafia-Doggo.jpg
90KB, 1300x986px
What's the difference between PaleMoon and Waterfox?
>>
>>62041172
Huh, I guess I'll check, just know that at the time I played it the pastebin recommended using a virtual machine which obviously implies you can't do it natively
>>
>>62041137
Buy isopropyl alcohol on your way home, you will need it.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (97KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
97KB, 800x792px
In terms of cryptology opsec, when part of my password could possible be considered compromised, would adding further new segments (aka enlarging said password) make it secure again/proof it against bruteforcing attacks even when the attacker knew about said compromised parts/characters already? What if the characters were re-arranged by me in the new password?
>>
>>62041280
>>62041280
*possibly

Goddamn should have proofread that

Also by "re-arranging" i basically mean keeping the old segments but just placing them at different sections of the new password, especially creating a whole new cypher/combination

Just asking since i don't know if this measure would defeat any theoretical future bruteforce attempts or if that part of the password would be compromised forever
>>
File: screenshot1.png (322KB, 750x418px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.png
322KB, 750x418px
Why are applications like F.lux and redshift designed to modify the screen temp based on the time of day?
Why!?
>>
>>62041418
Because blue light keep us awake, making it "disappear" from your screen help your brain understanding that it's night time now and make the switch to an awake state to a sleepy state easier.

It's to help you fall asleep easier in the end
>>
does at&t provide any special services the same way that T-Mobile has T-Mobile Tuesdays?
>>
>>62041198
Should I also just blow my fucking brains out?
>>
MakeMKV requires some form of shitty registration now. If you try to ignore it, the program closes. What's an alternative to it?
>>
Is clover crashing for anyone else? It's the most current version and was updated over a week ago.
>>
>>62041604
ffmpeg
>>
>>62034636
My cat uses a litterbox. How can I teach this fucktard to use a toilet?
>>
>>62041641
You buy a training kit. The first stage is a bowl of litter that just sits on the toilet rim. Then each successive stage opens a larger and larger hole in the middle with the litter in a surrounding ring. Eventually the cat cares less about hitting the litter and more about just squatting and doing the deed. Then you remove the last stage and leave the toilet lid up.
>>
I'm wondering if there is a way to factory reset iphones 6-7 without the password/logout the icloud?
>>
I >>62034636
I just bought a r5 1600 but i dont have a new GPU, i want to use my old HD 4850 as a gpu.
Will it work or i should prepare to spent more money on a new gpu?
>>
>>62034636
Is there an alternative to speedfan for controlling my loud ass fans?
>>
>>62041146
help?
>>
I'm sick of all the normies on 4chan. I used to go on /pol/ before the unsufferable "LOOOL PRAISE KEK XD" kids came in, and /mu/ has similarly been overrun. I hate 8ch's ui and only /v/ and /pol/ are active there, which I'm not really interested in. All the other boards are slow as hell on there. I've been surviving on /his/, /g/, and /int/ the past year or so, but I think I'd like a change of scenery.
>>
>>62041898
chans are dead.Since 2008 4chan has been declining rapidly.
Time to move shop
>>
>>62041104
Nvm, I've found a way. Simply typing in the hosts local IP and the forwarded port (192.168.0.x:1024) in the browser (running on host) instead of 127.0.0.1:1024 works. Fuck me if I know why though.
>>
>>62041969
doesn't even have to be a chan
just a place where normies don't go, and the autists are rather self-aware
>>
>>62040356
winscp is the best, cyberduck is the prettiest
>>
>>62034636
found an old compaq fp5315 monitor. tried hooking it up to my pc seeing if i could use it as a second monitor. is it possible? it uses vga which i have connected to the pc but every time i turn it on it says 'going to sleep'. is the cable dead? i have no other device to test if it is.
>>
>>62042029
also would the device have to use the graphics card or can i just connect it to the vga port on the mobo?
>>
What's the easiest way to install windows 7 on a b350 board?
I'm not sure if you can just plug and play into a USB header, need to do it from a disk, etc since it sounds like most boards don't recognize keyboards or something?
>>
>>62034636
my question is how do i get my cat to use the toilet?
>>
>>62041280
>>62041311
Suppose your compromised part is "spoon". They could do the bruteforcing only for passwords containing "spoon", which drastically cuts down the time required to crack. For instance, a 12-character password with numbers+letters allowed has 3.2E21 combinations, but if they know 5 of the characters are "spoon" in a sequence, then it's just 2.8E13 if my math's right. That's still huge, but way smaller. But salts are a thing so I wouldn't worry too much about this.
>>
Whenever I launch Windows 10's Sticky Notes they're nowhere on the screen

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application using Windows Powershell and they're still not visible

How do I find a solution to these bugs? I've gone through the first page of Google search results with no luck.
>>
File: evacode5.png (269KB, 890x2022px) Image search: [Google]
evacode5.png
269KB, 890x2022px
Apparently Yandere Simulator is just a ton of if/ else-ifs
im failing to see how that is bad for a simple VN, aside from using switch statements which could be quicker to write

am i retarded? in what way am i being retarded, so i can un-retard myself a little bit
>>
>>62042241
>>62042241
Okay so basically it would only take the attacker like 30 million years to bruteforce it rather than 40 million if i understand this correctly?

What if i add "tea" in front of "spoon", would that change anything at all in the equation for example?
>>
>>62036761

Double-check on your own textbook, but I think compulsory miss refers to "requesting from an empty cache block". It's not the "requesting X for the first time" that's significant; it's just that, naturally, if X has been requested before, its cache block wouldn't be empty. But Y can fill the cache, too. So X vs Y is still a conflict miss.
>>
>>62042305
>>62042305
(Theoretically asking this for a theoretical friend of mine who theoretically uses truecrypt, which also uses those salts afaik)
>>
>>62042329
trucrypt is no longer safe, there are 2 large vulnerabilities in it. Switch to veracrypt,which has these vulnerabilities patch, and has also undergone a 3 part audit and passed.
>>
>>62042361
It will only be shut down when hiro cant market or make money off of selling user data.
>>
>>62042338
>>62042338
When was vc audited, this is news to me (inb4 le epik troll)
>>
>>62037067

How are you invoking the compiler?

Make sure that you are using g++ if on C++, and are passing -L [...] and -lSDL appropriately.
>>
>>62042305
>What if i add "tea" in front of "spoon", would that change anything at all in the equation for example?

Can someone answer this? Would i be better off enlarging the partially compromised password (adding further segments to it) or should i start off from scratch again? Thing is these are a bitch to memorize and i'd hate to have to do it all over again
>>
>>62042439
>>62042241
Also i reckon this applies to both plain words found in dictionaries and sequences of numbers/random letters, i.e. it makes no difference cryptographically speaking since the sequence itself would be compromised all the same
>>
>>62042439
If your password has been compromised you need a entirely new password that has NOTHING related to the new password. Yeah its sucks but adding on to the compromised one is pointless
>>
>>62041466
They do movie tickets, tickettwosdays.att.com
>>
File: Windows 10 torrent.png (24KB, 476x268px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10 torrent.png
24KB, 476x268px
Can someone help me bypass my laptop's password? Microsoft suspended both of my brand new emails for "spam" right after I made my pass my Microsoft password. I've lost alot of important files and I need them for college. PLEASE HELP. I'll show you proof that I own the laptop if needed.
>>
>>62042468
Well damn, that's what i figured (least i'll be able to use it on some less important sites still though)

I already have a pretty good newly crafted one going rn since i had anticipated this earlier, still in the process of fine-tuning it but i think it definitely holds up to all the opsec criteria listed in the guides and shit
>>
File: CAD.jpg (63KB, 1241x556px) Image search: [Google]
CAD.jpg
63KB, 1241x556px
Is this enough for office and CAD softwares /g/? its for Civil Engineers tho.
>>
>>62042547
Also one last question, if the attacker knows that the password contains the letter "Z" does that mean the new password MUST NOT under any circumstances contain that letter either or am i good as long as it's being placed randomly and not at the same place as in the old password?
>>
>>62042603
Also what about numbers, can i reuse numbers found in the old password or do i absolutely and positively have to avoid those too
>>
What would be the most cost effective but still aesthetically presentable digital LED strip setup to get? I have analog strips around my TV and under my desk, but they leave something to be desired.
>>
>>62042690
These things pretty much all look the same, you could get one of those plastic coverings though which diffract the light more effectively if you're into that sort of thang
>>
>>62039438
>>62039438
Tell me about the samsung magician encryption, how does that actually work? Something to do with the hardware level if i'm not mistaken right?

Does it fully encrypt too and is it better than truecrypt?
>>
File: 1424267723957.png (280KB, 270x353px) Image search: [Google]
1424267723957.png
280KB, 270x353px
best way to remove all the bloatware that comes pre-installed on laptops?
>>
Could you please give me a forum with real hacker's?
>>
>>62042785
install gentoo
>>
>>62042785
install TreeSize to see where the most memory is being used.

Then Add/Remove programs. Otherwise idk. Just go on an uninstall spree.

Or get a clean Windows install and fix drivers after.
>>
>>62034636
Should I drop $700 on an iPhone 7 since Virgin Mobile has this deal where your 1st year of service costs $1?
>>
>>62042785
nuke the drive, install windows (or a loonix distro of your choice if thats your shit) and the basic laptop drivers
>>
>>62042777
dont use closed source software for your encryption needs, who knows what backdoors are in there
>>
>>62042777
>>62042777
Nvm it seems to be total bullshit and just a marketing gag basically, think i'm just going to switch to veracrypt then even if it will impact SSD speed somewhat
>>
>>62042878
>>62042878
Yeah i did some research on this "built-in hardware encryption" and it's pretty much useless af

I don't think using a software solution such as veracrypt would shorten the lifespan of a SSD significantly anyways
>>
File: whaa.png (221KB, 342x325px) Image search: [Google]
whaa.png
221KB, 342x325px
lads I bought a new laptop and I can't help but notice that it seems like there's two circular spots where the display is a bit brighter than the rest.
it's not super noticiable, only when the entire screen is the same color.

am I fucked or do I just need to let it take some time?
there's also one fucking dead pixel but I doubt they'll take it back unless there's at least 6 or some shit.
>>
>>62042785
Reinstall
>>
What can I do to make myself more employable to faggots that won't give me a job?

Got 1 year experience in an IT level 1/2 job and all these IT related certs and haven't heard anything back from 30+ jobs i've applied for

WTF is wrong with these people?
>>
>>62034636
Is it okay to give different alias to every website I sign up? Do the website operators mind it at all?
>>
I saw some post on reddit claim that the way truecrypt 7.1.a does full disk encryption will cause problems on current gen CPU's/systems, is this true?
>>
File: 1502989455870.jpg (3MB, 3500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1502989455870.jpg
3MB, 3500x2300px
So, I fell for the VM GPU passthrough meme. I've spent the last three days trying to figure this shit out, reading through at least a dozen different guides, how-tos and tutorials. I've made sure all my hardware is capable of virtualization/IOMMU/whatever. Everything is set up and configured correctly.
I use virt-manager, and whenever I create a virtual machine with UEFI as the firmware I get stuck at the EFI shell. No fs0 device shows up, just BLK0, 1, 2. I've tried two different Windows 10 isos and a 7 iso. This shit is frustrating.
The one thing I haven't tried yet is to use Rufus to make a bootable UEFI pendrive out of one of those images, but it's almost fucking 6 AM and I just want to sleep. Anyone have any opinions and/or solutions on this? I probably won't respond, but I'll check the archive when I wake up.
>>
File: shittyimage.jpg (879KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
shittyimage.jpg
879KB, 1440x2560px
sorry for the shitty unrotated image. May anyone identify this keyboard? All it has on the back is a thing that says Windows 2000 keyboard. it's probably a generic thing but it's quite enjoyable to use
>>
>>62042950
>>62042950
Does veracrypt interfere with SSD trim commands?
>>
>>62038881
exec firefox
>>
My smartphone's SD card memory stopped being recognized and the battery charger symbol has a question mark in it, how to fix
>>
Can downloading instead of torrenting "questionable" content such as video games and anime be a good alternative to torrenting in terms of finding shit?
>>
I can download fine with uTorrent but not uploading. How can I be sure if it's not my ISP blocking connections or anything?
>>
What's the best program to track and download podcasts and then sync them between windows and android?
>>
>>62034636
>>62034636
Any body know how i can spoof rfid? specifically train pass/ticket.

Is it possible in a android phone using nfc? or i need like rpi
>>
test
>>
>>62042269
It would be much clearer as a block of data - dictionary or something like that.
Also, huge walls of text not divided into functions can't be reused well and are a pain to maintain.

Imagine if all those cases changed a single variable which you want to change the type of or replace by another variable but only in those cases.
You're forced to rely on search+replace, which may often include those cases you want to skip.
>>
>>62043649
>>62043649
Mfw had to plug it into the USB for it to temporarily work again

Fucker's been acting cray liek this ever since i dropped him the other day and had to change the battery completely, at first it wouldn't even boot up anymore after that

Ah well i needed a new one anyways since that one is nearly decade old, if only my dual core chink smartphone had better battery capacities lel
>>
>>62043725
What kind of ticket?
>>
>finally buy a gaming wheel after all of these years playing on joystick
First impression is
>it sucks compared to the real thing

Wat do? Will it get better as I play more with it?
>>
>>62044100
Of course it's not going to feel like a real car, but it also takes some getting used to. And it depends what you're playing. Gran Turismo with headphones is a superb experience.
>>
>>62044100
In my experience no. It turns out the butt is a very important feedback mechanism while driving.

You'll get used to it, in simulation games it'll improve your performance. But to be honest the arcade games are better without them most of the time.
>>
>>62044143
Should also mention is depends on the wheel you got. I have a G27 and I'm extremely satisfied. Can't wait for GT Sport.
>>
>>62042080
ps/2 keyboard
or the msi smart tool that integrates usb drivers into the installation
>>
>>62042080
Use a modern OS.
>>
why do asains typically smell like shit? is it a poor hygiene thing or a genetic thing?
I work part time as an IT tutor at a uni and the smell of them has honestly brought me to tears before
>>
>>62034636
how can i make enough money for me to live off of by computing or owning a computer or computers?
>>
>>62044143
>>62044156
>>62044155
I've only played about 1 hour so far. It's a G29. I've tried it on Asseto Corsa.
Were your first experience good? Do you guys drive?
2. Can I make the steering lighter? It feels much heavier than any real car (even when it should not be this heavy).
>>
>>62044224
POO, wait, Asians?
>>
File: Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>62044253
Yeah, it feels a bit odd in the beginning. Give it a couple of days to get a good used to it. You have to "feel" the motions of the car, then it'll click.
As for the steering, you can change the force feedback settings.
Also, if you have access to a Playstation, get yourself a copy of Gran Turismo, It is the real driving simulator, after all.
>>
>>62044291
they in all honesty smell worse than the pajeets
>>
>>62038692
Low End Box -> OpenVPN. If you want to make some money in exchange for a little risk, charge the goobers on your floor for access. Not sure how liable it would make you for what they do given the arrangement but I'd say at least somewhat, but it'll be nice beer money if you don't give it out to idiots.
>>
>>62044458
Softether > OpenVPN.

Also they were presumably asking about buying someone else's VPN out, not wanting to take VPN connections in.
>>
Which is the nicest tablet to write/draw on digitally?
>>
>>62042547
Get a password manager and stop worrying about this shit.
>>
Can shorting the connector of pic related cause permanent damage?
>>
>>62042603
>>62042674
can't tell if trolling but in case not: if the attacker knows any character in the new password, it makes it easier (although if it's just one letter, the degree that it's easier is basically negligible) to crack. you can reuse numbers but if you really want to be anal about it, use different numbers in different positions (i.e. if first password is 'sp00n' don't make the new password 'fi13s' or something.) again the difference is basically negligible but it seems like you want every inch you can get, so there you go.
>>
>>62042603
>>62044673
if you're interested in securing your stuff, anon, you should first learn how to break it. the best defense is understanding the offense.
>>
I want to get 6 monitors, would it be a good idea to use a shitty GPU to handle half of them ? Supporting their native resolutions of course.
>>
I need help /g/
I'm on the toilet, I'm blocked up by a REALLY hard shit
I've tried breaking it up by blasting it with my bidet but it isn't cutting it
how do I get my asshole loose enough to drop this
>>
>>62044877
Gay yourself
>>
>>62042591
Yes, its fine, but you could get a noticable speed increase by switching to an SSD, think about the time it takes to spin up some of these programs, your paying for that time.
>>
>>62042975
Fucked: no, but it probably just has a bad display, if its actually new you should make a warranty claim.
>>
>>62043110
If they're not contacting you then perhaps your resume isn't impactful enough. Make sure to convey that you are skilled and explain it, job experience, education, freelance, etc. Also make sure you have references and call them and tell them that you listed them as a reference, don't fuck this up, no reference no job. Also if you interview speak highly of your previous employer and try not to be female.
>>
Do the "calories" you see on hard liquor actually count as calories your body uses for energy? Or is it just how much energy you'd get if you burned the alcohol off, but your body won't necessarily get that much from it?
>>
What would you say is the "best" IDE for python. Using Pyclipse and wondering if there is anything better out there. Googled it, but most interfaces look like shit without heavily modding them.
>>
>>62045110
>Or is it just how much energy you'd get if you burned the alcohol off

Pretty sure that's how all calories work. You don't get super energetic if you eat a 1500 cal meal. It just provides you with shit to burn off
>>
>>62043674
Vague. Not sure what you mean by
>finding shit
But you run similar risks with both. Directly downloading from a website means from your ip you ask that server for a file, if that site gets in the hands of crafty copyright lawyers they can usually find you and will send you a letter. Torrenting is where you, from your IP, ask a server for the location of sources (peers) who might let you download parts of a file from. As a peer you are given the IP addresses of all other peers and if you are a crafty copyright lawyer you can then collect them and send out letters with fines. Since torrenting is more complex and "safer" many networks opt to just ban it outright, or heavily monitor it. Its rare to get a letter from a lawyer, it really depends on how much your government regulates your internet.
For anime at least you should try downloading it over the IRC from a sub group. HorribleSubs runs one and its obscure enough that the downloads are pretty safe.
>>
>>62034636
How can I easily change the font use on 4chan?
>>
File: WHY [].png (26KB, 865x560px) Image search: [Google]
WHY [].png
26KB, 865x560px
Why are some albums split in foobar in two, one with [] in the name and one without

help
>>
>>62045110
calories are calories, sugar is sugar, fat is fat, there is no difference, beer and alcoholic beverages with sugar make you fat as fuck
>>
>>62045671
because you have the album twice with different id3 tags? i dunno lol
>>
>>62045683
never thought this could be the reason
the songs in the album with [] has some shit written in <ENCODING SETTINGS>

thanks
>>
File: WHY [].png (17KB, 436x411px) Image search: [Google]
WHY [].png
17KB, 436x411px
>>62045718
>have
forgot picture
no one cares but I took the time to draw that circle in paint so I'm gonna post it
>>
>>62045733
I care baka <3
>>
File: kramer.jpg (55KB, 485x377px) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
55KB, 485x377px
How can I maximize my power saving efficiency on android 7.x ?

Other than uninstalling apps. I'd rather just force nothing to run or update without explicit consent.
>>
>>62045755
get an iphone
>>
>>62045803
Why? They're no better.
>>
>>62045831
just kidding
follow the general advice, screen brightness, disable wifi when you don't need it, any other tweaks will only save you a few minutes of battery life
>>
>>62045852
To explain some more, I was mostly referring to increasing idle time with the screen locked. I know of the basics you mention but it seems something is draining the battery more than it should when the phone is doing nothing. I already have it to only do app updates when in the charger. Besides, wifi drains less than 3g/4g doesn't it?

Sadly the android battery manager give no good information on what's going on.
>>
Is it true that truecrypt actually cannot fully encrypt disks on UEFI-based systems, whilst veracrypt can do so effortlessly?

Because this coupled with the supposedly better AES instruction handling found in veracrypt's code would make me switch over once and for all out of necessity alone, even when in some cases the bootup times seem to be slower with vc and need to be manually adjusted in such cases
>>
So sick and tired of the fucking bugs and critters swarming around in my mancave during the summer months.. What is some good technology to get rid of em effectively
>>
>>62045875
did you update to the latest Android version? some firmwares really fuck up your battery

I once had a Nokia Lumia 800 (bought it on the release date). I used it about 30 minutes a day. It went to 100% battery to 10% at the end of the day. After a few weeks it got an update which made the battery last at least 3 days... hehe
>>
File: 1502838171426.gif (601KB, 533x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502838171426.gif
601KB, 533x640px
>>62034636
So my sister came over to my house after I have had no internet for 2 weeks. She comes in and asks for the WiFi password and I say its on the modem. I'm on my desktop and she's on her phone and all of a sudden I lose connection.
So she pulled out the power cord and now the internet LED won't come on, the WAN, power, everything else needed will come on except the internet. Why would taking out the power cause the internet to not work. I've tried to reset it but the led still won't come on. I'm so pissed off
>>
>>62045938
No official updates yet. It's an Honor 8. Thansk anyway.

>>62046027
I had a powerline ethernet device which partially died when unplugged from the wall socket. You could get into configuration but not make any changes and the LED just stubbornly shone red, indicating no connection could be made. I had to get a new one on my warranty.

Sometimes devices just fucking die when they lose power. I'm guessing it happens during some random critical time when it does something that shouldn't be interrupted, other than firmware updates that is.
>>
>>62046071
Okay well i have come to realization that it's a shit quality router. If i buy a new, good quality one. Will it pick up Internet signal faster than it does now. Or does it depend on the socket?
>>
>>62045509
Is is really that hard to do this?
>>
Wiiich programming language is .ss?
>>
>>62046229
probably scheme can you give an example of the syntax?
>>
>>62046243
lots of tiny vaginas ()(())()()) ())(()()()
>>
How do I get subtitles in my WeebM's? Tried this with ffmpeg
>ffmpeg -i "..\[HorribleSubs] Aho Girl - 07 [720p].mkv" -ss 00:02:04.750 -to 00:02:08.867 -c:v libvpx -crf 4 -b:v 1500K -vf subtitles="..\[HorribleSubs] Aho Girl - 07 [720p].mkv" -vf scale=640:-1 -an "Aho1.webm"
and MPCHC shows a selectable subtitle track but no subtitles show up on the video
>>
>>62046281
uuhh..? yea thats scheme
>>
Do I need a second disk for installing a vm if both the host and vm will be run off of a ssd? I figure the higher ssd speed would relieve any bottlenecks with storage, right? Or is it still better to use 2 disks
>>
>>62046375
if you have:
one SSD: host and VM on same SSD
two SSD's: host and VM on those different SSD's
one SSD and one HDD: host and VM on same SSD
>>
>blablacar account suspended
>had 58€ in it
Wtf i hate the internet now
Can i sue them? I rly want the money
>>
>>62046536
why was your account suspended?
>>
Where can I find resources, tutorials, certs, etc to learn about maintaining server and workstation infrastructure including VMWare, Configuring and maintaining Active Directory & Group policy, Networking and TCPIP management, DNS and Domain management and Extending to network peripheral devices including printers, raid arrays, single and multiple server installations, UPS, routers and switches etc?
>>
bought a firecuda 1tb SSHD to replace fried HD in my HP Notebook 15. trying to install win10 and it cant find the drive. i go to diskpart > list disk and its telling me there are no fixed disks to show.

does this mean the SSHD is incompatible or something? not sure what to do
>>
if i wanna 'access' (use etc) the laptop i have up in my room (t420 with win7) on the laptop ive got in the living room downstairs (hp compaq with win10), what's the best way to do it?
thanks
>>
>>62041796
why wouldn't it?

>>62042167
>>62041681

>>62045509
>Style:
>>
>>62046558
because he's a fraud or a dick that deserves it.
>>
>>62045509
custom css or something should be super easy in multiple ways
>>
File: IMG-20170823-WA0000.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170823-WA0000.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I have like 5 external HDD ranging from 1-2tb.

I have a USB 3 expansion on my computer for 7 more usbs..

Would it be fine if I had all 5 HDD connected to the computer at all times? Or would that cause issues? I used to do it with 1 HDD but idk if it would cause dmg over the long term.
>>
>>62034636
Does anyone know software that lets me save DLNA streams?
>>
>>62046558
apparently you cant give your phone number or any meetup adress over messages until the reservation is confirmed
didnt read ToS so i apparently violated them
>>
What's a cheap but decent mp3 player for the gym? I don't want to bring my new phone with me when I lift, the old one got dropped to the floor and covered in sweat all the time
>>
I need Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in order to cleanse a family members' laptop, however the website (malwarebytes.org) keeps redirecting me to cnet.com which I trust as much as a hungry panther.. Is it safe to download MBAM from it or is there another way ? I can't find anything but 2013 forum posts that explicitly state it isn't reliable.
>>
File: speccy_1.png (21KB, 483x394px) Image search: [Google]
speccy_1.png
21KB, 483x394px
I want to buy new RAM, 16gb. Its no problem for me to build it in, but I need help with what RAM to buy. Pic is my setup.
>>
>>62047552
Just buy the fastest DDR4 your motherboard accepts, assuming B75 is compatible with DDR4
>>
Good cheap small aesthetic laptops?
>>
>>62047620
Not sure, but isnt DDR3 better for gaming for some reason than DDR4?
>>
>>62034636
Amazon is currently selling the Fire HD 8 for £65. I pretty much only want a tablet for reading and video watching, so is this a good choice? I've only had a Nexus 7 before but the charging port is fucked.
How easy is it to put a proper Android OS on a Kindle Fire?
>>
Is there an easier and less painful way to go back in time in facebook and erase the stupid and embarrassing shit you used to say 7 years ago than just going to yur profile and scrolling down for hours until your RAM explodes?
>>
Is there an open source voice command option similar to "Ok Google"? Something that doesn't phone home after every search using voice or command?
>>
>>62047662
The screen sucks compared to a Nexus 7, I'd only buy a fire HD 8 to turn your appliances into "smart" appliances it feels cheap, and it is cheap
>>
how to restore windows 10 uefi bootloader with ubuntu live usb? i'm retarded and deleted the linux partition with disk manager and shutdown without fixing MBR, no i don't have a windows 10 dvd, or another computer, or friends.
>>
>>62047762
Delete kikebook account.
>>
>>62047762
>using faceburg

You already dun goof'd. Doesn't really matter if you delete it or not anyways.
>>
Using i3. None of my xfce applications feel like starting up, saying they can't connect to dbus.

Any ideas?
>>
>>62047543
i get it from infospyware.com sicne they do that cnet garbage
superantispyware is also similar to malwarebytes but lighter, you might preffer it
>>
I have a laptop with windows 10 on a SSD, and a HDD for the data. How can I optimize it? pls no uninstall windows, I like it :(
>>
>>62047914
google "Destroy Windows 10 Spying"
>>
>>62047811
google "grub-repair"
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I used windows 10s restore to factory settings option on my new laptop in hopes of getting rid of some of the bloat ware.
Now I'm getting this message, what does it mean?
>>
Phones can use 4g and wifi to get better internet speed. If I have both a wireless network card and a Ethernet one can I do the same on my PC?
>>
File: bikini.jpg (361KB, 2229x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bikini.jpg
361KB, 2229x1600px
I want to learn Java to prepare for university.
1. Should I install the official Oracle Java or is OpenJDK good enough (am using Mint)
2. Best website/book/tutorial that's reasonably up to date?
>>
>>62048112
1. Your uni will probably use oracle java, use that. If your distro can handle two java implementations installed (gentoo can, not sure about debian based distros) install booth. A good practice to get your shit work on both of them.

2. forget about this dumbfuck "gib le best book" mentality. "Best" is subjective, books are shit. Look around on the net for "in the hard way" tutorials, example projects and free writings.
>>
File: mortimerfromrichardandmortimer.png (130KB, 496x504px) Image search: [Google]
mortimerfromrichardandmortimer.png
130KB, 496x504px
I bought a Chromebook for school about a year ago. I figured I could use it for my first year of university, but now that I'm in, I tested out of my core math classes and am finding that the Chromebook isn't cutting the mustard for computer science. I have GalliumOS installed, but internal audio doesn't work and I hate the "PLEASE FACTORY RESET YOUR CHROMEBOOK" screen that always shows up on boot.
We have computer labs, but they have weird hours and we would have to work off of an external hard drive or use an online IDE, which at that point I might as well just use the Chromebook.
I'd just like a painless way to run Eclipse offline. I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's what the professor is willing to offer support for.
Should I buy a refurbished T420 and call it a day?
>>
>>62048185
I should also mention that my core classes use shitty online portals or whatever for homework that rely on Flash and javascript and who knows what else. Installing everything so that it "just werks" is a bit over my head right now. The most experience I have in Linux is using Ubuntu and the most experience I have in programming is making extremely simple Python projects over a few summers (Nothing more complicated than basic math functions and fizzbuzz).
>>
File: 1501323131203.png (146KB, 671x519px) Image search: [Google]
1501323131203.png
146KB, 671x519px
I'm feeling dumb as shit right now. Last few times I went to enter the password for my windows 7 install I realized it was purely muscle memory from years of the same password. Sure enough this morning my fingers forgot and tried to enter it manually so now I'm locked out. Any way back in? I was looking at bootable password reset/crackers but wondered which virus you guys suggest I install.
>>
>>62048335
install windows 7(again) on the same partition
you will have access to 99% of your files, maybe all of them
>>
>>62048156
Thank you very much. And I'm sorry for my second question
>>
Is there a better android image viewer than QuickPic? I heard there was a community version I think I saw had a google+ community, but I don't know what it adds or anything.

At this point the only complaints I remember having are wanting the google drive integration and etc. removed, and also to load all thumbnails at once. I accidentally cleared my QuickPic cache and now have to manually scroll through 15k+ images to load the thumbnsails for the first time. Not cool.
>>
>>62048335
search for kon-boot
it's usb-bootable application that can bypass windows user password
>>
>>62048449
By the way sorry to reply to myself, but is there a way to mass upload android contents to desktop? Google drive/ "CM Cloud" aren't options since I believe their cap (for free users) is 5g/ 2g respectively.
>>
>>62048185

Seeing as his last name is sanchez the name ricardo is much more probable
>>
If i use Manjar, for example, could i install some Clear Linux components for additional performance? And overall components from other distros
>>
I need an OS for my new build and I have an 8.1 disc from my previous PC but I think the hard drive it's installed on might be kaput

what do?
>>
File: 1484100506111.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484100506111.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
In firefox, what's the difference between regular tabs and pinned tabs regarding resources usage?
>>
>>62048901
Your mother is slightly fat.
>>
Am i unbanned
>>
>>62048914
hude tiddies tho
>>
>>62048470
how bout you post something useful instead of rick and morty fan theories
>>
>>62048946
Having huge tiddies when being fat is no huge achievement.
>>
>>62034636
is there a software that deletes files after a certain amount of time?
i had no luck with google
>>
>>62048977
In 2015 mega.nz was apparently sold to chinks and started deleting accounts after 3 months of not logging in. However movies would lead you to believe a desktop version of this exists too without being a literal bomb.
>>
>>62048901
Stop posting my bf
>>
File: Really Makes You Thinker.png (89KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
Really Makes You Thinker.png
89KB, 363x475px
>Stupid Questions Thread
>don't understand any of the questions
>>
File: cucked.png (15KB, 413x346px) Image search: [Google]
cucked.png
15KB, 413x346px
so i have a 2y/o asus zenbook UX303L. It had 4gb ram built-in, but i noticed that my memory was always rather full, so i decided to upgrade my memory.
Apparently the laptop has a 4gb module soldered on, as well as an empty SoDIMM slot. thus i bought a 4gb ram module.
i got it today and inserted it into the SoDIMM slot, that was indeed empty.
however, when i booted the laptop, it still said 4gb (I used speccy and windows task manager to check. pic related).
Does it turn off the soldered-on RAM when I insert another module? In other words, did i just upgrade my 4gb ram to 4gb ram?
did i play myself?
>>
>>62038482
Nobody fucking cares fuck off with your stupid like
>>
Lost my job to offshore. Started with application monitoring in Unix but my whole group kept getting moved to menial and non-tech related tasks. For 5 years, I kept asking if I could do additional tasks such as clean file systems and was turned down. In fact, the entire company is shifting more towards H1Bs and offshore.

My question is should I continue to try to work in technology or say fuck it and change careers?
>>
File: 1498153142296.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1498153142296.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>Windows 10 PC failing and won't start
>Press Esc on boot and go into recovery tools, open cmd
>do an xcopy of my Users folder onto an usb hard drive, look at multiple online sources which point to the same line of code doing the job (something like C:\>xcopy C:\Users H:\backup /s)
>running smoothly
>come back in the morning, appears to have finished, check external hard drive
>one of my user account isn't even there, key subfolders like Pictures missing from the other
>guessing it's some kind of permission issue

Fuck this shit, all I want to do is lift the Users folder in its entirety from my PC hard drive to my external hard drive. Is that so much to ask?

Is there a way to either set an xcopy option that copies absolutely everything regardless, or else run a cmd that strips all my User files of special permissions/status so that I can then run an xcopy that is free to copy everything?

>inb4 Windows 10
>T. PC brainlet
>>
>>62049103
Where do you live
>>
File: 1470389371844.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470389371844.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>try to update my windows 8
>goes ahead and downloads it
>suddenly can't install it
>says error 8024000C
>try to use sfc
>doesn't help
>use DISM.exe
>finds 68 errors but tells me it can't do shit
Now what?
>>
>>62049325
Near Memphis, TN. I had a feeling this was coming so I saved money and took business classes at community college. I'm already halfway done with that program. Was considering going into Logistics/Supply Chain.
>>
File: Untitled.png (54KB, 973x378px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
54KB, 973x378px
>>62034636
AG271QG4 keeps unplugging from audio devices if i'm not using the computer for some time. It's plugged in via DVI-HDMI adapter. Any ideas?
>>
my laptop cant recognize my new HD, and i cant unlock the hidden BIOS option because it cant fucking boot. what the fuck am i supposed to do?

insydeh20 is a disgrace of a bios
>>
File: tumblr_nx7yzxl0ig1sqhjvzo1_500.jpg (72KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx7yzxl0ig1sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
72KB, 500x622px
How can I download any video?
>>
>>62049776
https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/ works for most sites
>>
>>62049373
Ok for some reason, I can download updates now. What the fuck.
>>
File: dog puke.jpg (30KB, 480x848px) Image search: [Google]
dog puke.jpg
30KB, 480x848px
>make bootable usb with netinstall
>chose USB to boot from
>still booted into hdd
>in BIOS made it top option for start up
>still booted into hdd
>>
>>62050031
You fucked up your iso.
you're lacking a bootloader
>>
I've connected a playstation 2 controller to my laptop, but it only shows up in lsusb. dmesg says nothing and it doesn't seem there is an input device added to /dev/input
what do?
>>
>>62050031
I used Rufus 2.16 to create my iso for Zorin OS Lite. Had to go into BIOS with USB plugged in and change boot priority but it worked just fine.
>>
Reposting from /SPG/ where it didn't get any help:

My dad's Verizon LG G3 broke. Usually when you press the power button to turn it on it does nothing, however if you take the battery out for long enough, it'll get 20s through the boot process and then shut off.

Any ideas about what could be at play? He thinks it's the battery so I ordered him a new one for a few bucks but I'm almost certain that's not it

Is it time to look for a new phone for him?
>>
Can two computers have the same ssh keys? And be able to connect via ssh using public key auth?
>>
>>62050200
Might also be the power button itself, had a similar problem with my N5
>>
>>62050235
Yes just have the same key(transfer it with scp or something) on them and configure it to use if with the HostKey directive in sshd_config
I do this all the time at work where I have a DNS round robin to multiple hosts that people need to ssh to

>>62050252
A faulty power button wouldn't explain why it's shutting off soon after starting to boot. It's not a constant time that it shuts off after. Sometimes it gets out of the bootloader, sometimes it doesn't.
>>
>>62050330
Ah, well, but it does. The fact that it's connecting improperly might cause it to turn off immediatly, or be useable for a few minutes.
It's usually not completely broken.
However, mine started to reboot as well after it shut down.
>>
What is the least cucked version of win10, I need something for muh gaymen.
I care about user experience crap, I know my privacy will be fucked regarding anything I do on win, so I'll duoboot.
>>
Hey /g/entochan, I need to open certain combinations of udp and tcp ports on my router and close everything else using Iptables.
This didn't work (meaning I cant even access google after putting these):
[quote]iptables -I FORWARD 1 -p tcp -m multiport --dports 1119,3724,6113,80,443,53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 2 -p udp -m multiport --dports 80,443,53,3478,3479,5060,5062,6250,12000:64000 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 3 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 4 -j DROP[/quote]
I'm doing literally everything right and still doesnt work. Why is this happening and why does God hates me.
Thanks.
>>
Can I upgrade to win10 with an old 8.1 install?

Or do I need to buy a fresh license
>>
>>62050330
Sorry, I'm pretty new to this. How are host keys different from the ones you place in /username/.ssh?
>>
>>62050489
Why are you forewarding everything?
DENY all incoming then allow the ports you want open
>>
>>62050543
Yeah, the ones in your home directory are your private keys for authorization on remote systems. On the remote host, you'll place your public key as an authorized key. This allows key-based sshing which uses your private keys in lieu of a password
>>
>>62050586
Thanks.
>>
>>62050546
I'm just following the format of this chain which definitely works (meaning it blocks any traffic on any other port):

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -p tcp -m multiport --dports 21,80,443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 2 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 3 -j DROP

Why does this chain work and mine not?
>>
>>62050631
Are you using your pc as a gateway? Or is this just a single use on one host?
Foreward isnt really what you want to use unless you're acting as a gateway which you are connecting all your other machines to.

Make a chain for incoming and set it to deny then put what ports you want to be allowed as accepted.
>>
>>62050667
I'm pasting this on the openwrt firewall.
etc/firewall.user
>>
How bad of an idea is it to OC your CPU tp a point where prime95 goes over the heat limit but normal usage even on 100% doesn't go really close?
>>
File: xs1srqlebxgz.png (2KB, 326x30px) Image search: [Google]
xs1srqlebxgz.png
2KB, 326x30px
I used the C2R installation (4.9) and got this version. I've no idea what version is that. I lost for example the feature to change the "tab backgrounds" (autumn, etc.)

I tried looking on the web, but I've not found which one is it. Should have used the last C2R installation (5.9)?
>>
I'm a neet and i've spent 3000 per annum on consumer electronics for the past 5 years. do I have a problem?
>>
>>62050449
Just use pro.
>>
>>62049076
could be a faulty stick
>>
Brother wants to upgrade his GPU and I haven't really followed the latest GPU releases
He has a 5850 HD and has about £200 he wants to spend
He's talked about a GTX 1050Ti as a replacement. Is this a good idea?
>>
File: thought.jpg (209KB, 1184x658px) Image search: [Google]
thought.jpg
209KB, 1184x658px
Why aren't bottom-mounted modular bays with 5.25" support a thing on cases? it gives you full airflow over the CPU and video card while also potentially dampening the vibrations of the HDD and optical drives.
>>
>>62051238
Yes.
>>
>>62048082
bump
>>
>>62048082
>>62051325
The bottleneck of your home internet speed is most likely not the wired connection to your router, but the speed limit set by your provider.
>>
Is it possible to un-botnet my shitty Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 635)?
>>
I'm really close to buying a Yoga 720 15", it's about $600 cheaper than a similarly specced XPS15 here and reviews says it's really good.
Should I? Any alternatives otherwise?
>>
How do I use 4chan with a VPN?

Do I have to spin my own VPN?
>>
What is the best OC for my R5 1600 which is being cooled by the stock AMD wraith spire cooler

Also what are some good ddr4 ram oc values
>>
>>62051584
Probably not at all. They're actively blocking VPN IPs. I can't even post on 4chan from the OpenVPN server I installed on my VPS.
>>
>>62051584
Just use reddit or bug a pass. 4chan is gay and blocks vpn while saying that they love privacy. Fuck em.
>>
>>62034636
How do you deal with being roasted at a job interview?

I graduated in June and since then I had two IT jobs interviews only. One went pretty well, but they needed someone more experience (that was even clear to me after they described that you need to be able to fix things 24/7 if shit gets broken). So they recommended me a supposedly more "junior-appropriate" position instead and I fucked up that interview so badly that at this point I hope they don't accept me because it would be so humiliating to see them again. Like completely basic things like what are smart pointers, what are the new features in C++11, why is singleton an anti-pattern etc... I actually knew how to answer most of it after I thought about it afterwards (after the interview) but I was so stressed out because I already demonstrated my incompetence by exiting the elevator on the wrong floor and not realizing it for 10 minutes.
>>
Going full portable.

Do you have experience in this regard? Forsaking your desktop and using a Laptop exclusively.

I know it is more expensive, but I'm interested in the long run convenience.

>inb4 muh games
>>
If I have a typical Sandisk/Shark microsd card in a USB 3.0/3.1 adapter what's the chances it will reach the max transfer rate? Is it always limited by the microsd capability?
I'm guessing it's impossible to reach max speed , right?
>>
>>62034636
I've never gotten a virus on my windows 7 machine, but it seems that about every 6 months or so, it seems to get kind of retarded at different tasks and a fresh install of windows 7 is what I end up doing to bring it back to speed.

Does anyone know why the OS tends to get shitty after a while? Also has anyone experienced this issue with windows 10? If you've had windows 10 on a machine you use a lot for more than a year, and have never noticed a slow down of general operation, please let me know your experience.

I'm thinking of switching over.
>>
>FX-8320
>R9 280X
>8Gb RAM
what should be my priority to upgrade? I'm assuming it's the CPU holding it back more than anything, but I'm not an expert.
>>
>>62051838
Depends on what you want to do with your system.
>>
>>62051861
Well this is mostly for games. I can do everything else on it just fine, and I can play most pre-2015 games, but I can't play something like Forza Horizon 3 at a good framerate on anything but low. I want to play Forza 7 nicely and I imagine it's only going to get worse as Ace Combat 7 and Monster Hunter World come out, so I'd like to be prepared for those.
>>
How hard is it to learn SAP from just reading a book? Is it even possible?
>>
My computer is stuck in a bootloop. It shows the usual start up right until the windows loading thing. Then it turns black and does the thing on a repeat. I have tried resetting to a previous state, resetting CMOS by taking out the battery. Windows startup repair won't run. It happened when launching the game Path of Exiles. 20 seconds after the ingame loaded my computer crashed.

What the fuck happened and how do I fix it?
>>
>>62052161
Let me guess, your operating system is installed on an SSD.
>>
>>62052248
Yes is that a problem?
>>
>>62052301
>>62052301
>>62052301

NEW
>>
>>62052292
Yes, your SSD died. Your only option is to get a new one.
>>
>>62052314
Wtf I've had it for less than 2 months. Is there a way to copy the content on my ssd and move it to my hdd and have a functioning os?
>>
>>62052367
You can try to put it into another computer and see if it works. I heard some people say they could do that successfully. If you wanna know 100% for sure that it's fucked, just check if BIOS detects its presence. If it's not there, it's gg.
>>
>>62052410
Don't have another computer to use but the ssd is detected in the bios
>>
>>62052439
Do the other Windows recovery options work then?
>>
>>62052470
I did system restore which did not help. I did startup repair which won't work and sfc /scannow through cmd which won't work. I haven't tried full restore because of what I have on my computer.
>>
>>62052367
boot a linux os and see if you can save anything or if its just a fluke
>>
>>62052521
Just did a safe mode with network boot and I can boot up now. Can it be a virus on my pc?
>>
>>62052521
>>62052545
Or maybe my graphics card?
>>
>>62052606
Definitely not the GPU. Have you installed any new drivers recently>
>>
I have an .flv video file I want to convert to an mp3 just for the audio. How do I go about this?
>>
>>62052799
ffmpeg
>>
>>62052802

Woah, how the hell do I use this?
>>
File: 1498524024252.jpg (59KB, 640x415px) Image search: [Google]
1498524024252.jpg
59KB, 640x415px
>>62052816
www.yourfavoritesearchengine.mil
"extract mp3 from video file"
*click*
>>
>>62052775
3 weeks ago is the last time I updated a driver. Software and such is longer ago.
>>
>>62052847
How the fuck are they allowed to use .mil? I thought that was only for the US military (the holiest thing on Earth).
>>
>>62052799
ffmepg -i input.file --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 -c:a copy output.file
something like this
>>
>>62052775
>>62052853
Scanned for viruses and it found a few. Did a sfc scannow which found corrupted files. Also Uninstalled the graphics card. When I rebooted it went to the desktop but looked like it was still in safe mode with the resolution, but it didn't have the safe mode text. After a few seconds it crashes and does the same thing again.
>>
>>62053123
Check the event viewer and post logs
>>
File: 20170823_213950.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_213950.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>62053147
What do I look for?
>>
>>62043325
It looks like a BENQ to me but they always stick their logo above the LEDs so idk.
>>
>>62053235
Critical would ring a bell...
>>
File: 20170823_215524.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_215524.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>62053374
I have 3 criticals in the system log looking like this.
>>
Need help setting up SDL on mingw.
There are runtime libraries and development libraries. What do I download and how do I install it/them?
>>
>>62053465
oh my
>>
>>62053374
>>62053465
Looked through all logs after the system start log and I found a few things:

>boot type was 0x0.
>boot menu policy was 0x0.
>there are 0x1 boot options on this system.
>all volumes show up as healthy.
>task scheduler found a misconfiguration bla bla autokms.exe
>bonjour service failed to start (could not find file)
>the time provider vmictimeprovider has indicated that the current hardware and operating environment is not supported and has stopped
>a timeout was reached while waiting for the chromoting service to connect
>kms-r@1n service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time
>the following boot-start or system-start drivers did not load: dam
>the previous shutdown was unexpectex

>>62053691
w-what?
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.