[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed a lot of people have been wondering why Intel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: f57.jpg (20KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
f57.jpg
20KB, 600x497px
I've noticed a lot of people have been wondering why Intel is so successful and AMD is considered an underdog, and this is my take on it.

Computer building is a niche market, and AMD products appeal to a niche market within that niche market. The average Joe doesn't need eight or six cores, a massive L1/2/3 Cache or overclockability for his computer.

Intel is so popular because their CPUs are accessible. If you look at any non-enthusiast prebuilt computer in an electronics store, I guarantee that if you checked the specs you'd most often find an Intel processor powering it. And for the average Joe, what specific Intel processor occupies the computer doesn't matter as long as it gets his work done and/or provides him entertainment, which in nine out of ten cases it will.

Intel also has brand recognition; from their commercials, to their jingle, to the "Intel Inside" logo that you'll see on a sticker on those pre-builts. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know AMD as a company exists, and that's their own fault for not even trying to advertise. But we've all seen an Intel commercial, and we've all heard Intel getting name-dropped in commercials for laptops and other products.

AMD knows their market, the enthusiasts, while Intel knows theirs, the casual users and sometimes gamers. It really is as simple as that. /g/ is comprised of enthusiasts and that's why they love AMD and hate Intel, and that's also why Intel is more popular than AMD, because casual users outnumber enthusiasts.
>>
>AMD is for the enthusiast.
>/g/ loves amd
kek
>>
>>62019416
>accessible
dumbspeak alert. abandon thread.
>>
>>62020656
Just testing a different marketing aproach on /g/. "AMD is for prosumers" got stale fast.
>>
>>62019416
You're an idiot, Intel is on top though a mix of patents, monopolies, and marketing.
Congrats you're dumb.
>>
>>62020932
>patents, monopolies

I thought I implied this by saying that AMD was for enthusiasts, who would know what Intel has done as opposed to casual users not knowing nor caring what Intel has done. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out.

>and marketing

>Intel also has brand recognition

If I'm dumb, then It looks like I'm in good company.
>>
>>62020998
Gonna be real right now, didn't read anything besides the first couples lines.
I assumed you were either stating the obvious, or an idiot.
Sorry if I assumed the later.
>>
Meanwhile there is a Dell with Ryzen 1700x and rx570 at Costco.
>>
File: snapshot_07.55.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_07.55.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>62019416
look at those bots at
>>62012640
>>62014954
>>
>>62021354
ur waifu a shit
get boated faggot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.