[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cathedral vs Bazaar discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: stallman vs torvalds.png (331KB, 569x291px) Image search: [Google]
stallman vs torvalds.png
331KB, 569x291px
Cathedral vs Bazaar

discuss
>>
>>62013752
no?
/sage
>>
>>62013752
OP vs many dicks

discuss
>>
I don't know why people are being rude to you, OP. I think your thread's a nice idea.
>>
>>62013752
both styles have their pros and cons
like everything
there's really nothing to discuss
>>
>>62013987
>OP + many dicks
ftfy
>>
File: opisafaggot.jpg (195KB, 902x762px) Image search: [Google]
opisafaggot.jpg
195KB, 902x762px
>>62013752
>>
>>62015394
TempleOS >>>> any other OS.
>>
>>62015394
>>62015562
what it has to do with that thread
>>
>>62015372
>op at a buffet of dicks
guess the ending
>>
>>62013752
Either. Both have proven successful and there's a huge amount of middle ground so who really gives a fuck?

The book is far more interesting than just the 90's flame bait title, though. It's not long and still just as relevant today as it was nearly 20 years ago.

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/
>>
>>62013752
Why is stallman vs torvalds.jpg?
Torvalds is in love with bazaar. Just not version GPLv3. Although he's said it may be perfect for other projects, just not his.
>>
>>62017002
Stallman is cathedral.
>>
>>62013752
Bazaar single handedly resists the test of time while the cathedral is just a name that curiously can sink once the original dev pleases.
>>
>>62017040
ok kid.
>>
>>62017110
Stallman wrote EMACS and GCC.
>>
File: TempleOS_4.05_session.png (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TempleOS_4.05_session.png
25KB, 640x480px
>>62015394
>demanding no recognition
>I, Terry Davis, wrote all 80,849 lines of TempleOS over the last 14.0 years,
including the 64-bit compiler
>humble as fuck

Bible Adventures OS with shit-tier everything.
>>
>>62017164

emacs is a copy of xemacs from the genera lisp OS.
>>
>>62019155
This is bait.
>>
>>62015579
the audience wants a real show and not your nigger clowns.

time to pack up this dumbfuck circus
>>
>>62020354

Its true tho
>>
>>62017164
OK. I knew that part. I never actually read the book and assumed it was about proprietary vs. foss.
>Assumed : made ass of me.
>>
The Cathedrals(Unix) were beautiful. The Bazaar is ugly and shitty, like GNU. Just look at the implementation of gnu yes.c. GNU code is ugly and bloated. Linus should've listened, and written a microkernel, not that bloated mess. Actual software engineers ran tools on the linux code, holy shit they were scared my that mess. It's all spaghetti.
>>
>>62020354
Don't call it GNU/Linux. It gives Stallsham undue credit. He's done nothing but take credit for the work of others and has the audacity to call himself a Doctor when he couldn't even finish his Masters.

wrote emacs
Contributed to guy steele's TECO macros, later cloned gosmacs, the actual first emacs for UNIX. If stallman wrote emacs, apple is the sole creator of webkit.
wrote gcc and gdb
He wrote the C compiler initially, but the vast majority of development for other compilers and the C compiler has came from non-stallman sources.

And he hasn't programmed in years. Stallman is washed up, and his justifications for copyleft are horribly invalid nonsense that would make more sense if they were actual thinly veiled communism instead of selfish ramblings and a desire for a world that catered to his specific social class.
>>
I can yell fags without something being sold to me in the bazaar but otherwise I feel compelled to self harm.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.