[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dude what if remote processing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1502286503160.png (78KB, 286x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502286503160.png
78KB, 286x250px
I mean, instead of having your computer do the processing, do the computing, instead of having your computer do the heavy work, you send a request through the internet to a server with a supercomputer and it does your work, merely transmitting the information back. It would be like the computer equivalent of having someone else chew your breakfast for you and it would allow devices with shitty processors to get amazing output from amazing input that it wouldn't otherwise get. I'm high on marijuana.
>>
>>62012405
Sure no one ever had this great idea before OP, good job.
>>
File: 1494605205026.png (363KB, 508x565px) Image search: [Google]
1494605205026.png
363KB, 508x565px
>>62012405
""""cloud computing"""
>>
>>62012405
You know this idea isn't new, right? You know this has been done since basically the invention of mainframes, where you only had thin clients that connected to it, but all processing was actually done on a remote and powerful machine.

>I'm high on marijuana.
We can tell.
>>
That's what nVidia and Sony use with their "consoles". In every case you're still incredibly limited by high latency of the network and it's low bandwidth.
I mean, there's cases where that's used and it's applicable but not for a regular desktop user.
>>
It's been tried, but it won't work somewhere with america-tier internet, and it's a barely viable business idea without immediately becoming scummy and shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.