[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/, I need your help. I recently built a new computer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: realtek_logo.png (77KB, 452x300px) Image search: [Google]
realtek_logo.png
77KB, 452x300px
Alright /g/, I need your help.

I recently built a new computer. I went with an MSI B350M Mortar Arctic motherboard, because it has support for surround sound through spdif. I have the latest realtek hd audio drivers installed. Windows 10 64 bit.

I own a Samsung home theater system with spdif in that works perfectly fine for my consoles.

However, I can't get this shit to work properly on my computer. If I right click on my volume button in my taskbar and hit playback devices, then right click on the realtek digital output, and hit properties, and go to the "supported formats" tab, when pressing the test button for both DTS Audio and Dolby Digital, I get sound from my sub, left front, middle, right front, right surround, and left surround respectively. So obviously it SHOULD be working, however beyond that nothing fucking works. If i go to "advanced" tab under the realtek digital output properties, and press the drop down for "digital format" all options are in 2 channels, absolutely none for surround. Any video game that I run does not play surround, and music that I listen to that is mixed in surround (for example, Fear of A Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree) does not work in surround and only plays on left and right front (nothing from the sub even). The only thing that I have actually heard work in surround is while I was streaming Game of Thrones on HBO Go. Which is really fucking weird because I have tried to use that little surround test for Halo 2 (which works flawlessly on my Xbox One), and again, only getting audio from 2 channels from it.

I am at a complete fucking loss here, No idea what the hell is the matter with this shit. Any ideas?

sorry for the wall of text
>>
>>62011599
oops mis-remembering a little bit here, i realized that while i normally stream game of thrones on my computer, i happened to stream a couple episodes on my xbox that must be when i heard the surround effects because i just went to play it on my computer again and only getting stereo.
>>
>>62011646
seriously fuck off and die
>>
>>62011599
>fell for the ayymd ryzen meme
lol kill you're self
>>
>>62011599
You are the kind of cunt IT support fucking dread. Thank fuck im a developer.

Drink copious amounts of bleach, that will fix the problem.
>>
>>62011599
First off you fucking cunt we are not help
Piss off to google and fucking KYS
>>
>>62011662
>>62011674
>>62011680
thanks for helping solve my problem you cucks. should have been swallowed or shot into a rubber
>>
>>62011599
>Thinks we are help desk
>Google is an viable search engine for even the most retarded people
>Comes to /g/ thinking we are his slave and should give him help for a specific problem that only dumb cunts make

Seriously mate, kill yourself.
>>
File: cia.nigger.gif (573KB, 366x232px) Image search: [Google]
cia.nigger.gif
573KB, 366x232px
>>62011687
>cucks
>>
>>62011674
it's not like I'm computer illiterate, I obviously have everything set up right, it's just simply not working. Realtek Audio Manager has no options for configuring surround sound even though I'm very fucking clearly plugged in to a surround sound system with a supported motherboard and a supported connection type.

>>62011680
Think I haven't already tried that you fucking cunt? I've spent hours on google but no luck
>>
>>62011687
>should have been swallowed or shot into a rubber

You do know that I am not your bathroom mirror right?
At least my surround sound works out of the box.
>>
>>62011710
>Tried it
>Failed killing himself.

Try again you cunt.
>>
>>62011599
The fuck do you expect us to do about your problem.
My time is worth it for shit posting but certainly not for giving free technical advice to retards when people are paid wages to do the same thing.

Turn it off and on again
>>
>>62011599
Reading the sticky may help
>>
>>62011744
I wouldn't suggest common sense to retards
>>
File: oh look its an spdif port.png (101KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
oh look its an spdif port.png
101KB, 600x480px
>>62011716
so does mine you fucking retard as i said it works fine with my xbox and ps3 and even fucking plays sound from all speakers from the test as mentioned in my first post. obviously there is either something really fucking glaringly obvious that i am missing (which i doubt) or there is some kind of crazy fucking issue here that maybe just maybe someone has some knowledge about and how to fix

>>62011744
are you fucking daft? pic related
>>
>>62011763
>so does mine you fucking retard as i said it works fine

Continues to present that you're having an issue using your system for what it is for.

Fucking retard.
Fuck off.
>>
>>62011599
>Surround
>Spdif
Compressed shit. Use HDMI.
>>
>>62011763
Mine works as expected™ :)
>>
>>62011763
Oh i am sure I have the knowledge but seeing how you came up and didn't even post on stupid question general, I say fuck off to you kinda sir.
>>
>>62011778
okay i will try this but why would spdif work fine on xbox and ps3 but not a computer? seems pretty dumb
>>
>>62011599
>Being this retard

Read the sticky and piss off..
Thinking we are help desk in the first place makes you a complete dickhead.

>Muh help desk for muh specific problem
>Wall of text to /g/ will solve my answer
>People have unlimited time and should help me
Fuck you for existing.
>>
>>62011826
>seems pretty dumb
>ayymd
>>
>>62011599
Buy another motherboard OP.
No point in solving your issues if you cannot solve them prior to coming to /g/.
>>
>>62011826
Your surround sound could be a complete piece of shit. After all you brought a cheap motherboard for the purpose of having your old speakers working on it.

Why not be a normal person and buy a sound system for your PC. After all consoles are retards and your problem seems retarded
>>
So much shitposting in this thread, it's hard to believe Im on /g/.
>>
>>62011866
Sometimes you to have to believe that we do not being used as help desk.

OP didn't post in stupid question general so he deserves everything coming.

>>>4chan.helpdesk/g/.postnow.org
>>
>>62011866
People can't use google, who knew.
I suspected more desu
>>
>>62011599
Another retard who thinks /g/ is help desk.
Honestly why didn't your mum abort you.
>>
>>62011599
>/g/ is not your personal help desk

Read it a couple times before you drink bleach.
>>
My systemdOS with PulseAudio doesn't have this problem
>>
>>62011599
You could maybe cut a few wires with scissors and try again?

I suggest to use safety scissors since you seem retarded
>>
>>62011922
>>62011794

:)
>>
File: off and on.jpg (58KB, 593x605px) Image search: [Google]
off and on.jpg
58KB, 593x605px
>>62011599
Is the volume up?

Have you tried turning it off an on again?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.